Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was aware of the transfer option. Just gave up on the unnecessary exercise and simply use my iPhone. As long as Howard is on I am good to go.
Nice. I JUST found out. I was planning on selling the SXM module from my Audi A4 I traded in for my new to me MY. I was researching the going rate and somehow stumbled on it.

So I transferred it for my brother to use, until I have a SXM module in a vehicle again. I still have the other lifetime account connected to my XM Inno.

Another buddy of mine has 2 lifetime accounts, and like me didn’t know until I told him. He immediately transferred them to his 2 cars.

I've had my SXM lifetime since 2006, and have transferred it to 5 different vehicles. Some years ago, Sirius had a 3 transfer limit. I got them to switch it the 4th car. On the 5th car, there was no questions asked. I wasn't aware of the lawsuit prohibiting limits on transfers. It makes sense and personally I'm glad I can switch unlimited now.

Reactions: JayPaul
Update, for anyone interested: Sirius advanced tech support said to email Roady BT tech support. They got back to me over a week later and said there are know compatibility issues with 2023 MY and their Roady BT radio. They're working on it. No expected resolution date.

After a second inquiry and another week+, they responded again and suggested I get their Tour radio which can be used in home and in car via BT. Due to arrive early next week. I'm skeptical it will connect to the car. But at least I'll have a radio that I can transfer the subscription to. For now.

Reactions: sdmack
I've had my SXM lifetime since 2006, and have transferred it to 5 different vehicles. Some years ago, Sirius had a 3 transfer limit. I got them to switch it the 4th car. On the 5th car, there was no questions asked. I wasn't aware of the lawsuit prohibiting limits on transfers. It makes sense and personally I'm glad I can switch unlimited now.

I figured it would help someone who didn't know like me. As with you, I didn't know and I'm also a long time LONG time lifetime subscription holder. I've had it so long, I don't even think to do any research on it. Just so happened that I was trying to sell the module out of my B7 A4 (Audi) and wanted to see what it would be worth and google shoved it in my face (I'm sooo glad). After learning this, I just left the module in the car and transferred it over to my bother's truck for now.

If I lived out of range of cellular, I would try the same thing as you, a portable unit in the car. I do still have another lifetime account tied to an XM Inno, but the phone is just easier where I live.

But, for this thread, I would LOVE to have the ability to retrofit hardware into my 3/Y, but at a minimum would love a built in app...

I just replaced the radio on my 2020 Model Y with one from a Model X. It was far easier than I expected and looks far easier than the process on the Model 3 thread. SiriusXM works in the car now and I'm pretty happy with it. I took pictures during the process and can post if people are interested.

1696277087815.png

I use it in zero cars. I have streaming only and listen on my phone or smart device. If I had a native app in my MY's infotainment system I would listen in my vehicle.
Can you go back to listen to songs or are you stuck with whatever they give you? Granted I have only had XM for the 3 months that it was free with a new car.
Pandora or Spotify is what I use although Pandora is only $5 / month.

Can you go back to listen to songs or are you stuck with whatever they give you? Granted I have only had XM for the 3 months that it was free with a new car.
Pandora or Spotify is what I use although Pandora is only $5 / month.
I almost exclusively listen to sports talk radio and live play by play on XM. FWIW I think the Howard Stern channel is what keeps them afloat.

How is XM still in business? Overpriced and can only be used in one car.
Well technically they aren’t in business. Sirius bought them as they were sinking. Regarding price I bought the lifetime membership early on for 140$ and use it exclusively. The content is great hundreds of channels without endless commercials. Worth every penny in my book. Car sink from phone to most any car. And Howard Stern for the win.

Well technically they aren’t in business. Sirius bought them as they were sinking. Regarding price I bought the lifetime membership early on for 140$ and use it exclusively. The content is great hundreds of channels without endless commercials. Worth every penny in my book. Car sink from phone to most any car. And Howard Stern for the win.
I like it too, especially if I’m traveling on a football Sunday - can still get my Jets games.

Reactions: KevinT3141
I just replaced the radio on my 2020 Model Y with one from a Model X. It was far easier than I expected and looks far easier than the process on the Model 3 thread. SiriusXM works in the car now and I'm pretty happy with it. I took pictures during the process and can post if people are interested.

View attachment 979043
I'm very interested to know how you did this, and where/how you got the MX radio.

I would be interested as well. I have read the full other thread and the guide and it feels like a lot of steps. I would love any additional insight and/or ways to simplify the process.

I've finished the write up, attached in PDF.

As far as I know, only the Intel Atom Infotainment system works, but almost all the information out there is for Model 3. If anyone tries this on an AMD Ryzen Model Y, let us all know how it turns out!

Attachments

• SiriusXM Installation on Model Y.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 250
  • Informative
Reactions: KevinT3141
I've finished the write up, attached in PDF.

As far as I know, only the Intel Atom Infotainment system works, but almost all the information out there is for Model 3. If anyone tries this on an AMD Ryzen Model Y, let us all know how it turns out!

Thank you this is awesome! Sorry if I missed it, but do you have the actual part number for the SiriusXM module with the "curry" colored connector?

Thank you!