Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Size of USB drive needed for TeslaCam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this has been discussed but ever since yesterday after the lates update my sentry cam will not work with any of my usb memory stick 32 64 128 none worked and did notice the stick extremely Hot !
I'm having the same issue. I'm getting a message that my drive doesn't have a fast enough write speed despite the fact that it had been working fine on the same drive. I replaced the 64 GB drive with another the same and it wouldn't work on that one either so I bought a faster 128 GB drive and it still isn't working. I have Mobile service coming for some other things so I'm hoping they'll be able to get me fixed up.

I'm having the same issue. I'm getting a message that my drive doesn't have a fast enough write speed despite the fact that it had been working fine on the same drive. I replaced the 64 GB drive with another the same and it wouldn't work on that one either so I bought a faster 128 GB drive and it still isn't working. I have Mobile service coming for some other things so I'm hoping they'll be able to get me fixed up.

I’m on 2019.32.2.2 and this problem has only become worse. I thought maybe it was because of my USB splitter I use because of the Nomad charger but even if I take that out of the equation I get the too slow warning. I never had this problem when Sentry was first released, now it works maybe 10% of the time. I am tired of unplugging and replugging the flash drive in to fix it, I can’t trust it will be working when I need it.

I’m on 2019.32.2.2 and this problem has only become worse. I thought maybe it was because of my USB splitter I use because of the Nomad charger but even if I take that out of the equation I get the too slow warning. I never had this problem when Sentry was first released, now it works maybe 10% of the time. I am tired of unplugging and replugging the flash drive in to fix it, I can’t trust it will be working when I need it.
I spoke to Tesla about this a little while ago. It turns out that folks were having problems with bad recordings made onto flash drives that didn't have fast enough write speeds so they changed the software to tell us that we need faster drives. I tried a couple more USB drives that didn't work but now I'm using a 128 GB SanDisk Extreme Pro and it's working fine.

Reactions: Haurk07
I spoke to Tesla about this a little while ago. It turns out that folks were having problems with bad recordings made onto flash drives that didn't have fast enough write speeds so they changed the software to tell us that we need faster drives. I tried a couple more USB drives that didn't work but now I'm using a 128 GB SanDisk Extreme Pro and it's working fine.
I don't think thats the problem, just an excuse. My Samsung USB3 high speed drive starting having problems, but it appears it was because I had one drive for music and one drive for sentry / dashcam. They both work fine independently. Currently I'm using a 500GB Samsung T5, and it's been working since removing the music drive.

Reactions: Haurk07