Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small Screen Booting on Start-up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that behavior few months ago. Tesla implemented some algorithm which puts the IC to sleep. I noticed that it's a lot more likely to be booting up if I haven't driven the car in a couple of days, or if I get in the car late at night (after midnight). I swapped my emmc on the MCU not long ago and did a full factory reset clearing out all counters and history, so it probably is not related to aging or failing emmc on the MCU. Of course, the emmc on the IC could be dying (I assume it has one), @EV-Fixme , have you come across failed IC emmc yet?

My instrument cluster had an EMMC failure and needed to be replaced by Tesla, so it is a separate computer from the main MCU EMMC chip but going by the infrequency of people reporting it the IC doesn't fail often.

• Informative
Reactions: whitex
2015 MS, the small screen is now booting up on start, more now like over the past week or so, almost every time. This is a sudden change. Impending doom?

by this, do you mean a delay in the IC lighting up relative to the MCU? This is what I am seeing on my 2020 MS, especially since the 2020.28.5. Seems to me prior to this release, the two screens lit up simultaneously upon opening the door.

Last edited: