Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Sentry Mode (Enables Sentry mode automatically)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any actual data on how much energy Sentry mode actually uses yet?

With Sentry mode, you lose about 1 miles per hour.

upload_2019-3-18_11-22-38.png

Then you will never know the joy's of scheduled climate control :)

Other features that "Stats for Tesla" app provides:
  • Smart Battery Prep: to condition the battery in the morning automatically
  • Using Siri to interact with the car
  • Using Apple Watch to interact with the car
  • Smart Sentry Mode: Turn on Sentry mode automatically except for locations that you have marked as safe
  • Get notifications if you leave doors/trunks open
  • How your battery degrades
  • many more...

A little off-topic, but we've been talking about Sentry power consumption in MPH terms -- useful, but I'm also interested in thinking of it in money terms.

Check my math on this, please:
1mph drain for Sentry =
1/300 drain/h (just to make the math easy) * 75 KWh battery =
0.25 drain KW/h * (effective electricity cost; I'll use my local rate of 0.47515) =

$0.1188/h of Sentry cost.

Did I drop a stitch anywhere?

• Informative
Reactions: BobAbooey
Other features that "Stats for Tesla" app provides:
  • Smart Battery Prep: to condition the battery in the morning automatically
  • Using Siri to interact with the car
  • Using Apple Watch to interact with the car
  • Smart Sentry Mode: Turn on Sentry mode automatically except for locations that you have marked as safe
  • Get notifications if you leave doors/trunks open
  • How your battery degrades
  • many more...
Just bought the app, I'm assuming the Smart Sentry mode feature is not out yet?

I thought I had it good :) With one of our power companies ( mine that gawd) we can get a special electric rate and the max in 10 cents / kwh. Off peak goes as low as 5.72 I believe it is.
Nope iOS, based on the screenshots it seems like they had the Beta version of the app (right now its 4.0)... so guessing it'll be in the next update.

Edit:
Sorry quoted the wrong post.. but I have it for iPhone, the developer may have it for Android too, not sure..

Nope iOS, based on the screenshots it seems like they had the Beta version of the app (right now its 4.0)... so guessing it'll be in the next update.

Edit:
Sorry quoted the wrong post.. but I have it for iPhone, the developer may have it for Android too, not sure..

Oh well, someone will come out with a good one one of these days. That's why I signed up for TeslaFi on the monthly plan. I figured someone would make an even better one. It's great but there's lots of geniuses out there.

California rates are that high? Do you have off-peak rates?
In Georgia off-peak (11pm - 7am) is $.01.

(I'm guessing that was to me, re. 0.47515/KWh.) No, that's 24x7 if you use more than (nominal amount.) It's actually 0.51578 most months, now that we have two electric cars pushing us into the highest tier.

SDG&E, where we used to say "highest electric rates on the mainland" -- now it's just the highest rates in the country, period.

There are some time-of-use plans available, but they're usually either cost-neutral or worse if you actually do the math.