Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon Home Screen “COME TO ME” Button?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Tesla Smart Summon video, there is a quick shot of the app home screen in which there is both a "COME TO ME" button and what appears to be a visualization of what the car is sensing in terms of obstructions.

However, this button does not appear on my app, though at least once while doing a summon I think I somehow got the visualization to flash on the screen for a moment. It may have happened when I swiped back to the home screen while doing a Smart Summon, but I'm not sure.

Summon.png

Has anyone else gotten the button or visualization to appear? Is there some secret sauce?

Reactions: pilotSteve
In the Tesla Smart Summon video, there is a quick shot of the app home screen in which there is both a "COME TO ME" button and what appears to be a visualization of what the car is sensing in terms of obstructions.

However, this button does not appear on my app, though at least once while doing a summon I think I somehow got the visualization to flash on the screen for a moment. It may have happened when I swiped back to the home screen while doing a Smart Summon, but I'm not sure.

View attachment 459853

Has anyone else gotten the button or visualization to appear? Is there some secret sauce?
Do you have the latest version of the app?

Yes, as far as I can tell. The App Store does not show a more recent version. One of the first things I checked.
3.10 is the one you need as it has the new features. On iOS it wasn’t showing an update was available but it was there if you went to the App Store, searched for the app and clicked update at the top.
Maybe double check version to be sure you have 3.10

Reactions: Wodensthrall
Had come to me button since Thursday
5C071BAD-87AD-47AD-81EA-2756D9A0FA4E.jpeg
wanted to experiment with it tonight in an empty lot
I was thrown out of the app and logged off
When I tried to log back into the app it wouldn’t take it
Closed the app and checked my credentials by logging into the Tesla.com website
My account history cars were just fine as expected.
Tried logging into the app again and it worked !
But now the Come to me button is missing
59362E67-0F41-416B-BB19-9B450414A9CC.jpeg

However all the other changes under summon, climate, and controls are still updated.

The button seems to only shows up when summon is ready. Try to open regular summon menu, then once it's ready, go back to the main page.

Not quite, but you put me on the right track, so TYVM.

The full solution is that the COME TO ME Home Screen button will only appear if the Summon STANDBY feature has been activated. But curiously, that feature has an option to exclude locations like Home, but the COME TO ME button is still available at excluded locations - and it still works!

Seems like a bug to me. Either COME TO ME is not affected by STANDBY status, or the STANDBY exclude feature doesn't work.

IMHO, the home screen button should always appear, with a relevant label, such as COME TO ME or PREPARE TO SUMMON (if in fact the car needs to be in STANDBY)

Not quite, but you put me on the right track, so TYVM.

The full solution is that the COME TO ME Home Screen button will only appear if the Summon STANDBY feature has been activated. But curiously, that feature has an option to exclude locations like Home, but the COME TO ME button is still available at excluded locations - and it still works!

Seems like a bug to me. Either COME TO ME is not affected by STANDBY status, or the STANDBY exclude feature doesn't work.

IMHO, the home screen button should always appear, with a relevant label, such as COME TO ME or PREPARE TO SUMMON (if in fact the car needs to be in STANDBY)
I never enabled this feature and the button still shows up.

After installing both version 10 pieces of software (car and apps), I noticed that the "Come To Me" button would appear and disappear seemingly without any rhyme or reason. I have the 3.10.0 Tesla app installed on three separate devices: my usual Samsung J3 phone, my Samsung tablet and a newly-reactivated Samsung 6 Edge. After the requirement to re-login with each device was performed, there would only be one of the devices that had the "extra" button at any time. For example, my tablet is WiFi only and currently is the only device showing the Come To Me button. If I turn bluetooth and WiFi off on the tablet, that button automagically appears on my Edge 6 (all three devices are running the Tesla app). However if I turn Wifi off on the Edge (there's no SIM chip so it loses total connectivity), the app on my J3 doesn't pick up the button. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen the Come To Me button on my J3 phone. I've checked location services and bluetooth settings and they appear the same as on the other two devices.

Maybe it's time to retire the J3 and start using the Edge 6? It is a nicer phone.

I never enabled this feature and the button still shows up.

That is very interesting.

I just got the 32.11 update, and the home screen COME TO ME button only appears when STANDBY is enabled. In fact, I can make the button appear and disappear by toggling STANDBY and waiting a few seconds for the app to get notified of this by the car!

If I let the car go to sleep with STANDBY disabled, then when I later access it via the app the button does not appear. If I then go into SUMMON > SMART SUMMON and then back to the home screen, the button appears.

The home / work / favorites SUMMON disable suboptions do not seem to affect this behavior. When at home, I still get the button if STANDBY is enabled but the home disable option is checked.

That is very interesting.

I just got the 32.11 update, and the home screen COME TO ME button only appears when STANDBY is enabled. In fact, I can make the button appear and disappear by toggling STANDBY and waiting a few seconds for the app to get notified of this by the car!

If I let the car go to sleep with STANDBY disabled, then when I later access it via the app the button does not appear. If I then go into SUMMON > SMART SUMMON and then back to the home screen, the button appears.

The home / work / favorites SUMMON disable suboptions do not seem to affect this behavior. When at home, I still get the button if STANDBY is enabled but the home disable option is checked.

I lied to you. I'm sorry. STANDBY was enabled by default - I just saw it in the menus. After disabling it, I don't think the button is showing up any more. I'll test more tomorrow/later in the coming week.

Does STANDBY just keep the car awake?

AFAICT STANDBY as it currently exists is kind of pointless. Since it only takes a few seconds to wake up the car for a summon, the button on the home screen should just say PREPARE TO SUMMON if the car is asleep, then you press it, it changes to ACTIVATING SENSORS and finally COME TO ME.

Or if they don't want to waste the screen real estate, double-tap on the car to wake it up, then the button appears.

AFAICT STANDBY as it currently exists is kind of pointless. Since it only takes a few seconds to wake up the car for a summon, the button on the home screen should just say PREPARE TO SUMMON if the car is asleep, then you press it, it changes to ACTIVATING SENSORS and finally COME TO ME.

Or if they don't want to waste the screen real estate, double-tap on the car to wake it up, then the button appears.

Doesn't opening the app wake up the car anyway?