Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I’d start a thread to track when Smart Summon will actually work (albeit with the UN limitations).

For those who haven’t tried it yet, the 50.1 release enabled Smart Summon, but the app doesn’t allow you to trigger it, saying it’s unsupported at the vehicles current location.

Hoping it’s just a server flag they have to enable post festivities.

If you try it and it works, please post here! I’ll keep an eye on it each time I park

It won’t be enabled over here until UNECE regulations change. The regs forbid driverless self driving beyond a few metres (6 I think?), hence the Bluetooth range restriction.

There is a new flag in the API that relates to whether the car is under UNECE restrictions - but it’s almost certainly read only.

• Informative
Reactions: PaulJohn
You get a range circle around the car, guess this is the 20m limit. If you pick a destination outside you get a message saying “move the pin closer to your vehicle”

4377ECE3-F899-43A5-831D-F883D4EC2238.png

92F0FF77-2555-4F5B-BD84-521E878A8EED.png

Finally managed to get smart summon to work in Poland. Too bad it won’t even travel 20m... more like 8-10m. Completely useless with the current regulations in place. Hopefully we’ll see some amendments in January.
Also, it’s super slow. 3kmh (2mph) max.

Last edited:
I got the smart summon to work today (on my own private land in North London), however pretty useless if I'm needed to stay within 6m of the car. Regulations need to change or it's simply a gimmick to show friends.

Summon is great though for a car park when I can't fit in, can't fault that.

Reactions: PaulJohn
I got the smart summon to work today (on my own private land in North London), however pretty useless if I'm needed to stay within 6m of the car. Regulations need to change or it's simply a gimmick to show friends.

Summon is great though for a car park when I can't fit in, can't fault that.
I’ve always been curious about that use case. Would you really want to wedge your car in between two others to the point where you can’t open the doors properly to get out?

You might have Summon but the people you’re parking next to don’t, so they’ll be whacking your door with theirs when they try and leave.

Reactions: MacPaul