Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my loaded P90DL today. Sure, it's a 2015 (and not a late one either) with 14k miles. And not my choice of color - black looks great when clean; I just hate to be the guy that has to keep it clean. But...given that I am paying about 1/3 what new P100D owners are paying, I am very happy!

I found it sitting around lonesome in Tesla's inventory list about 5 weeks ago. Actually there were about 8 red P90Ds that were priced just a tiny bit higher at the time. I did not jump on it at the time, as I was trying to understand why the rate was so cheap (this thread did not yet exist) and see if I could get a similar discount applied to, say, a stripped 60D or 90D. But as the red P90Ds disappeared I realized I had better jump on this black car if I wanted to own a loaded P90DL for the price of a stripped 60D.

View attachment 194376

Congrats! Looks awesome in black.

I almost went for one in black but forced myself to stick with the lowest price available at the time (which was red) since I was already splurging. I'm a little jealous now, but the red was in the showroom while I was ordering -- looked really sharp and it is growing on me. Can't wait to pick it up.

I picked up my loaded P90DL today. Sure, it's a 2015 (and not a late one either) with 14k miles. And not my choice of color - black looks great when clean; I just hate to be the guy that has to keep it clean. But...given that I am paying about 1/3 what new P100D owners are paying, I am very happy!

I found it sitting around lonesome in Tesla's inventory list about 5 weeks ago. Actually there were about 8 red P90Ds that were priced just a tiny bit higher at the time. I did not jump on it at the time, as I was trying to understand why the rate was so cheap (this thread did not yet exist) and see if I could get a similar discount applied to, say, a stripped 60D or 90D. But as the red P90Ds disappeared I realized I had better jump on this black car if I wanted to own a loaded P90DL for the price of a stripped 60D.
]

Im a little jealous. I was looking for black but settled for white. Mine is a late 2015 with 4k miles. No pano roof, cold weather, or leather seats. How much is your payment if you dont mind me asking? This thread did not exist when I found mine either.

And then there was 10..... thanks to another fellow TMC member who snatched a car through my OA and got me my 10th referral.

I seriously never thought starting this thread would lead to so many getting great deals nor myself getting swag, 21" wheels and now an invite to Tesla's next unveiling!!
I humbly appreciate all of those that used my code and helped me get to this.

To those still looking, I have faith something will come around. Keep on top of my OA and if he's calling you, pick up the phone. You never know what he's got until it's too late.

@SD_Engnr You buying Mortons or Mastro's for that +1 ticket? LOL

Last edited:
And then there was 10..... thanks to another fellow TMC member who snatched a car through my OA and got me my 10th referral.

I seriously never thought starting this thread would lead to so many getting great deals nor myself getting swag, 21" wheels and now an invite to Tesla's next unveiling!!
I humbly appreciate all of those that used my code and helped me get to this.

To those still looking, I have faith something will come around. Keep on top of my OA and if he's calling you, pick up the phone. You never know what he's got until it's too late.

@SD_Engnr You buying Mortons or Mastro's for that +1 ticket? LOL

Both!

Seriously though.

How much is your payment if you dont mind me asking?

$663/month+tax for 2 years, 10k miles/year. I put the standard $5k+tax+lic+1k lease fee down.

The car is a 2015 P90DL with 14k miles and every option except rear-facing seats and twin chargers. Metallic black with dark grey 21" turbines. Oh, and it also doesn't have upgraded decor, it's all black inside too: black seats, black headliner, and black piano decor. I think I'm going to call it Shadow.

$663/month+tax for 2 years, 10k miles/year. I put the standard $5k+tax+lic+1k lease fee down.

The car is a 2015 P90DL with 14k miles and every option except rear-facing seats and twin chargers. Metallic black with dark grey 21" turbines. Oh, and it also doesn't have upgraded decor, it's all black inside too: black seats, black headliner, and black piano decor. I think I'm going to call it Shadow.

That is the exact build I was looking for! Great price! Just so you know... I hate you lol

Yeah, I get that a lot.

Hey, I prefer white to black, and I prefer the cloth seats, maybe we could...well, nah.

The important thing to focus on is not the tiny handful of people that got a better deal...but rather on the unwashed masses that are paying far more. Anybody getting one of these cars is in great shape!

I prefer the cloth also. I wish they offered the new cloth seats as an upgrade. My only gripe with them is the lack of side support.

You have a point though. We did get pretty good deals all in all. Dont have any room to complain.

View attachment 194376

There were a couple MC red P90Ds from Seattle selling as low as $101,000. I'm one of the 20% that wants one without Pano and one was built that way. I hemmed and hawed. Couldn't believe they reduced the price over $35,000. Only had 4000 miles. I can't get a Tesla lease in WI so I'd pay cash plus my trade-in. If I didn't already have my car or my trade-in offer would have been a bit higher, I would have jumped immediately. But I waited a couple days and it was gone. :oops: The others they found weren't as good a s deal so I didn't do anything.

So I got in my consolation prize and blew away a few fast cars at stoplights. Don't feel to sorry from me. We'll see those bad boys soon enough on CPO. Be patient.

Tesla refreshed their inventory and there was quite a few cars available again, mostly facelift cars now. I've see 3 sub $800 a month lease deals today that disappeared within 30 minutes of dropping.

For those with my OA's contact, reach out and have him check for you.
Gah! I've been in contact with him today and he didn't mention any good deals out there today. Everything is $1300+. What were the sub 800 cars spec'd?

Gah! I've been in contact with him today and he didn't mention any good deals out there today. Everything is $1300+. What were the sub 800 cars spec'd?

There are a handful of post-refresh P90D on the Tesla site now for $11xx/mo in several different colors. Not quite as inexpensive as the recent pre-refresh deals but still seems like a great deal for the current design.

I searched "Any Location," limited the price to over $100K, sorted by "Price (high to low)" and scrolled down.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr
There are a handful of post-refresh P90D on the Tesla site now for $11xx/mo in several different colors. Not quite as inexpensive as the recent pre-refresh deals but still seems like a great deal for the current design.

I searched "Any Location," limited the price to over $100K, sorted by "Price (high to low)" and scrolled down.

Based on the way things were a couple of weeks ago, are we sure that the math on the public tesla site is now correct re. these discounted cars? the first quote I got from Tesla Finance directly (not just my OA) was actually wrong and not using the sale price vs. MSRP numbers when calculating the monthly payments.

Based on the way things were a couple of weeks ago, are we sure that the math on the public tesla site is now correct re. these discounted cars? the first quote I got from Tesla Finance directly (not just my OA) was actually wrong and not using the sale price vs. MSRP numbers when calculating the monthly payments.

Not sure -- from a quick glance it does appear they have two-year pricing for the P90Ds now available online which they did not have a couple weeks ago. But definitely would want to confirm the numbers just in case of a snafu like you had.

image.png