Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The deals this thread was originally created for have dried up with the exception of one here or there. On top of that, the 24 month program ends on 9/30, so for those that were lucky enough to have ordered a car, you need to make sure you take delivery by 9/30 to get the 24 month program.

Not sure -- from a quick glance it does appear they have two-year pricing for the P90Ds now available online which they did not have a couple weeks ago. But definitely would want to confirm the numbers just in case of a snafu like you had.

Not to go off topic but:

They're pushing two year internal Tesla Lending leases this month to get people I nto cars by the end of the month and in hopes of moving enough volume to announce the first quarter of being cash flow positive.

In my opinion they're seriously just kicking the can down the road. Yes, the money factor is high and on these 2-3 year leases and in return they make approx $4500 a year in "interest" or rent charge but I don't think that will cover the gap in actual value vs. residual value at the end of these leases when they turn them around as CPO's.

I don't see someone paying $95-100k for a 2 year old classic nosecone with AP1 car in 2018 when the M3 and MS P100's will be readily available in a facelift version.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Not to go off topic but:

They're pushing two year internal Tesla Lending leases this month to get people
Into cars by the end of the month and in hopes of moving enough volume to announce the first quarter of being cash flow positive.

It's my opinion that they're seriously just kicking the can down the road. Yes, the money factor is high and on these 2-3 year leases, they make approx $4500 a year in "interest" or rent charge but I don't think that will cover the gap in actual value vs. residual value at the end of these leases when they turn them around as CPO's
I think they are getting what they can out of them. Consider that these cars are already way behind - pre-refresh and now there's a P100D. Most people buying a top end car will only choose the top spec - now the 100. I believe they had to move downmarket (to people like me, 90D owner) to entice an upgrade. People like me don't care that there's now a P100D because I'm not able to afford that comfortably anytime soon.

Now try and consider what Tesla will look like 2 years from now. AP 2.0 will be out soon and full autonomy will be on the horizon and there's probably a P125D or something by then. A pre refresh P90D will look like a dinosaur and all the current owners will be happy and ready to upgrade to the next big thing (or move into their Model 3).

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV and SD_Engnr
Not to go off topic but:

They're pushing two year internal Tesla Lending leases this month to get people I nto cars by the end of the month and in hopes of moving enough volume to announce the first quarter of being cash flow positive.

In my opinion they're seriously just kicking the can down the road. Yes, the money factor is high and on these 2-3 year leases and in return they make approx $4500 a year in "interest" or rent charge but I don't think that will cover the gap in actual value vs. residual value at the end of these leases when they turn them around as CPO's.

I don't see someone paying $95-100k for a 2 year old classic nosecone with AP1 car in 2018 when the M3 and MS P100's will be readily available in a facelift version.

It is an interesting question. @esk8mw makes good points in his post above. The other thing to factor into the mix is that Model S's appear to have very low depreciation relative to the competition -- only 28% over 50K miles on average. Tesla Model S retains its value better than gas-powered cars in its segment, losing only 28% after 50k miles

I also thought it was interesting that according to the chart below it seems that depreciation slows down even more for the highest mileage models. Presumably most of these are early, pre-AP models.

On TMC, everyone (myself included) salivates over the next great feature to be introduced, but it seems likely many ordinary consumers are thrilled to just be able to get a Model S, which is keeping resale values up. It is possible there will be increased Model S depreciation when the Model 3 comes out, but it seems to me that all the publicity that will surround the Model 3 launch could just increase demand for the Model S even more, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the low Model S depreciation continue.

Bottom line: the resale values of these cars in two years may be higher than many people expect.

value-retention-study-autolist.png

Last edited:
Not to go off topic but:

How does that effect new car leases?
Are new car leases at 2 years "good deals" if you can get over the insane upfront tax some states impose?

The deals this thread was originally created for have dried up with the exception of one here or there. On top of that, the 24 month program ends on 9/30, so for those that were lucky enough to have ordered a car, you need to make sure you take delivery by 9/30 to get the 24 month program.

I ordered on 8/26 and my DS said i will get within the 2 weeks which puts it close to 9/30th. It doesnt seem like there is a way to speed up the process. Am I out of luck if it gets here after september? I am worried now! Car is being shipped from Texas

I ordered on 8/26 and my DS said i will get within the 2 weeks which puts it close to 9/30th. It doesnt seem like there is a way to speed up the process. Am I out of luck if it gets here after september? I am worried now! Car is being shipped from Texas

Not to generalize, but if they "need" you to get your car by 9/30, they will pull all the stops to make it happen. My car was ready on 8/30 but it wasn't convenient for me to pick it up before the 1st...I wanted to be considerate (i am a shareholder like many people here after all) and offered to figure out a way to get it by the end of August if they "needed" me to in order to hit their internal August targets and they basically said: "nope, we're good".

ATTENTION!!!!! LOL

My OA just dropped me a text. There's at least 15 P90D's FACELIFTS easily under $1k a month that will be released tomorrow morning that he has access to. He will be in the office by 7am PST to take orders.

Those on the fence should contact him early tomorrow morning or send an email to him tonight. This might be your last chance to score one, and a facelift to boot!!

Last edited:
ATTENTION!!!!! LOL

My OA just dropped me a text. There's at least 15 P90D's FACELIFTS easily under $1k a month that will be released tomorrow morning that he has access to. He will be in the office by 7am PST to take orders.

Those on the fence should contact him early tomorrow morning or send an email to him tonight. This might be your last chance to score one, and a facelift to boot!!

Can you send me his contact info?

• Funny
Reactions: esk8mw
ATTENTION!!!!! LOL

It all makes sense now: SCJ is EM's screen name.
Creating a sense of scarcity to make the Q3 delivery number.
And.It.Is.Working.

Thanks to my OA Aaron I custom ordered a 75D with Alliants 1.49% offer. I saw Aaron's name mentioned a few times and decided to reach out. What a wonderful decision! We looked at the P90DL 2yr lease options that everyone's talking about and I opted for the long term route this time around. He mentioned that there are plenty available right now but with the new discounts that were added this afternoon they are moving fast like the original nose cones did. Good luck everyone!

ATTENTION!!!!! LOL

Make that 14! Fully loaded post-refresh P90DL w/2k miles headed my way at around 975/mo, 6k down. I can't believe I'll be trading in my 90D so soon, bought it 9 months ago! I just couldn't pass this one up.

This thread has been a great help; thanks Jimmy!