Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I considered this carefully for my own lease. After discussing it with Tesla Finance, I went for the least amount down. The primary reason for me: in the unlikely event the car is totaled, it was my understanding that we wouldn't get back any of that down payment back as part of an insurance claim. The money paid up front could be lost. Putting the least amount down was not particularly expensive over the life of the lease ($170ish based on what we were considering), so we chose that option. Basically, we were willing to pay that extra $170 in interest as insurance against losing a larger deposit.

Separately, we were in California and evidently did not need gap insurance.

I considered this carefully for my own lease. After discussing it with Tesla Finance, I went for the least amount down. The primary reason for me: in the unlikely event the car is totaled, it was my understanding that we wouldn't get back any of that down payment back as part of an insurance claim. The money paid up front could be lost. Putting the least amount down was not particularly expensive over the life of the lease ($170ish based on what we were considering), so we chose that option. Basically, we were willing to pay that extra $170 in interest as insurance against losing a larger deposit.

Ditto. Seems to be the same here in NC.

Lease hunters!

In case you aren't watching the EV-CPO support thread, I've now added a "Lease Payment" column to all Inventory Model S and Model X cars listed on the site: https://EV-CPO.com

No membership is required, but you do need to create a free account login to see these new columns. Once logged in, you can hover your mouse over the 'Lease Payment' number to see the other terms of the leases as offered on the Tesla site for each car.

This should help anyone searching for a similar lease deal (although they seem to be long gone).

Lease hunters!

In case you aren't watching the EV-CPO support thread, I've now added a "Lease Payment" column to all Inventory Model S and Model X cars listed on the site: https://EV-CPO.com

No membership is required, but you do need to create a free account login to see these new columns. Once logged in, you can hover your mouse over the 'Lease Payment' number to see the other terms of the leases as offered on the Tesla site for each car.

This should help anyone searching for a similar lease deal (although they seem to be long gone).

Thanks Hank.

They're not long gone. Just far and in between and most vehicles show up in their internal inventory and unfortunately dont make it to your site while still available.

I've specifically searched for two cars I knew were available two days ago and the vin's weren't on your site or Tesla's public site for me to send the details of the car to someone. I had to snap a screenshot from the internal system to get all the details.

You are right. Zero down is always ideal when you lease. Zero drive off is even better. GAP insurance would be included with US Bank.

As Jimmy knows, I hate to count my chickens before they've hatched and I guess, it's finally sinking in that I'm getting a Tesla (delivery date finally confirmed), thanks to SoCal Jimmy and his thread.

Jimmy has been instrumental in helping me getting off the fence by shoving me the hell off and getting me a deal I was happy with.

At me to the list of new P90D owners.

I'm totally green (pun intended) as in a newbie to Tesla, I have a lot to learn, AND I get to learn on a P90DL!!!

Thanks Jimmy, dinner on me !

For those interested:
Vin 133
2016 classic P90DL, all option except rear seats
Mileage 5k
$830/month 10Kmiles
Deposit $8k

As Jimmy knows, I hate to count my chickens before they've hatched and I guess, it's finally sinking in that I'm getting a Tesla (delivery date finally confirmed), thanks to SoCal Jimmy and his thread.

Jimmy has been instrumental in helping me getting off the fence by shoving me the hell off and getting me a deal I was happy with.

I'm totally green (pun intended) as in a newbie to Tesla, I have a lot to learn, AND I get to learn on a P90DL!!!

For those interested:
Vin 133
Mileage 5k
$830/month 10Kmiles
Deposit $8k

So glad you came to your senses LOL!!

For those interested:
Vin 133
Mileage 5k
$830/month 10Kmiles
Deposit $8k

Welcome to the forum and congrats!

Thanks Hank.

They're not long gone. Just far and in between and most vehicles show up in their internal inventory and unfortunately dont make it to your site while still available.

I've specifically searched for two cars I knew were available two days ago and the vin's weren't on your site or Tesla's public site for me to send the details of the car to someone. I had to snap a screenshot from the internal system to get all the details.

I can attest to this. Just picked up a refresh P90DL at a massive discount that is not on EV-CPO. Not a $700/mo deal but still amazing. Thank you Jimmy (gave you the referral credit too!).

If anyone is looking for great inventory deals, especially if you are local in SoCal, I highly encourage you to reach out to Jimmy for his OA contact. Amazing guy

I can attest to this. Just picked up a refresh P90DL at a massive discount that is not on EV-CPO. Not a $700/mo deal but still amazing. Thank you Jimmy (gave you the referral credit too!).

If anyone is looking for great inventory deals, especially if you are local in SoCal, I highly encourage you to reach out to Jimmy for his OA contact. Amazing guy

Awesome!! So you're the one that my OA text me about this morning :)