Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been some - I grabbed one. Had been mainly looking at Model S, and one disappeared literally as I told my OA to grab it ... and then I switched gears a bit for a variety of reasons and found a loaded P90D Model X (Signature) that had about 5K miles on it and a hefty discount. Since I'm doing a 2 year lease on it I wasn't that concerned with the fact that it was an early build... Looking forward to it!

Same happened to us for a white Model S, it was available we pulled numbers up, then it was gone. I didn't jump into an X though considered it but don't need it and don't want to pay that much.

Still thinking I am going to wait for some CPOs and just buy outright unless something crazy pops before Monday and is local, that way I don't need to worry about mileage and can sell the car at any point. The two year leases were nice, just never leased a car and I know the primary point with me and the Tesla was going to be long road trips but I think we would still be able to stay under 10k miles. Two P85Ds on Tesla's site right now, one is priced a bit high IMO for having 41k miles.

The two year leases were nice, just never leased a car and I know the primary point with me and the Tesla was going to be long road trips but I think we would still be able to stay under 10k miles. Two P85Ds on Tesla's site right now, one is priced a bit high IMO for having 41k miles.

I fully intend on blowing through the 10K miles (probably close to 20K/yr based on past years) - there's nothing magical about lease mileage allowances other than the financial side of it. You just have to do the math and figure out if it still makes sense financially with the overage charges you expect. In this case, it was just plain cheaper to get the 10K lease and pay 5000mi * $.25/mi penalty than the lease payment for the 15K allowance. It would be a crime to get a nice car like this and then let it sit idle because of lease mileage concerns :). Plus any number of things could change (shorter commute, car is in shop for a long time, etc) that might end up causing me to have less miles than I expect, so you never know...

The important thing for me was that the car was under warranty for the lease duration (which it still will be even with 20K/yr), and that alleviated my main concerns about long term reliability of the X, especially since it was an early build. That was a lot of what swung me from the S over to the X. I still have a few things I'm not thrilled about with it, but with this 2 year lease option + discounts I'm happy with how it all played out...

Reactions: SD_Engnr
I fully intend on blowing through the 10K miles (probably close to 20K/yr based on past years) - there's nothing magical about lease mileage allowances other than the financial side of it. You just have to do the math and figure out if it still makes sense financially with the overage charges you expect. In this case, it was just plain cheaper to get the 10K lease and pay 5000mi * $.25/mi penalty than the lease payment for the 15K allowance. It would be a crime to get a nice car like this and then let it sit idle because of lease mileage concerns :). Plus any number of things could change (shorter commute, car is in shop for a long time, etc) that might end up causing me to have less miles than I expect, so you never know...

The important thing for me was that the car was under warranty for the lease duration (which it still will be even with 20K/yr), and that alleviated my main concerns about long term reliability of the X, especially since it was an early build. That was a lot of what swung me from the S over to the X. I still have a few things I'm not thrilled about with it, but with this 2 year lease option + discounts I'm happy with how it all played out...

I hear you, all good points, I just prefer to have something at the end of it all. Never leased cars before. The CPO would definitely have warranty for at least two years. I currently work from home but am looking for another job.

I hope you enjoy the X, I did really consider it if the price was down around $900, it might still get there with some early builds, not for this 2 year lease though. I need to go and drive one at some point.

Congrats!

It looks like they've released a new batch of cars...these are the kind of numbers some of us got a couple of weeks back when that thread started.

In the words of @SoCal Jimmy : DON'T WAIT, DO IT NOW! DEALS OF THE CENTURY!

PS: he is right.

Is there really a new batch? I've hemmed and hawwed and missed all P90D's and even some great priced 75D's. Wife still isn't on board, but until it's October 1st, a man dream, right?

Hey, I'm picking up my P90DL tomorrow and they just sent me the lease agreement. The OA initially estimated $816/month with $6k down and Tesla Leasing estimated $802/month with $6k down but the lease paperwork looks like it shows $889.02/month.

I've only leased a cheap VW and don't really know how to read this. Would somebody mind taking a look and PM'ing about it?

Attachment deleted at User Request

Last edited by a moderator:
$7,500.

It's not wear and tear they're on firesale across the country to pull out Q3.
I understand that but I'm not sure how to make them give me a car which is beaten up. Today I also heard them saying " inventory vehicles are sold as is " and only detailing is promised. So my question is what are my options if car is not fixed and make it look like new at the time of delivery. I really like this car but not happy with what I saw.