Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucky! My OA must not have seen it. I think I am going the purchase route now.

Just need to determine P85D or wait for P90D. There is a P85D available CPO on Tesla's site but I think the price is a bit crack pipe at $90k for 41k miles

I was also wondering if we would start to see some deals on the first run of Model X's as some are getting up there in miles

IMO, they are trying to push people to buy new to get their quarterly numbers up. CPOs won't be cheap until after this quarter.

It's a gamble now to buy TSLA stock in anticipation for the rise when they report. If they meet their numbers or exceed it, then I predict a good profit days if you buy before and sell right after. However, if tesla fails to meet the numbers, then it can be really bad.

We hear a lot about discount, but does it translate to sales? That is what I want to know.

My take is Tesla has pass their desired sales for this quarter, but still trying to get more sales for the soon to be announce additional stock offering. Here is my take:

1) There has been big discounts but not as much IMO in the last week. Maybe they sold up all the cars and will have more discount this week? Who knows? But I think there might be less pressure from the higher ups to push sales especially at a loss of additional profits. i.e. the firesale seems to be over or at least tapering off.

2) There are less cheaper cars now. There use to be a lot of 60s inventories and at great discounts but now not so much. These are the cheapest Model S and a great way to get people into a Model S now. What I think tesla did is just software upgraded all those 60s into 75s and then upping the price. This of course eliminates a few buyers and help bring a tad bit more profit into the company when they are sold. But I think this points to the fact tesla has reached their numbers and now trying to take as much profit as possible all while pumping those sales number for the announced additional stock offering.

Keeping in touch with a responsive OA may yield you vehicles that have yet to hit the website. Otherwise, you can check the size of the discount by viewing the page source of a specific vehicle and searching for "discount".

Forgive my ignorance. How do you. "you can check the size of the discount by viewing the page source of a specific vehicle and searching for "discount""

Forgive my ignorance. How do you. "you can check the size of the discount by viewing the page source of a specific vehicle and searching for "discount""

1. Open the car you are interested in on the Tesla website, e.g., Model S P90D 5YJSA1E43GF143981 | Tesla
  2. Hit F12
  3. In the box with the HTML code, hit ctrl + F
  4. search "discount"
  5. You'll find some code that says something like: <input type="hidden" name="discount" value="17200">
  6. That's the discount. In this case $17,200.

IMO, they are trying to push people to buy new to get their quarterly numbers up. CPOs won't be cheap until after this quarter.

It's a gamble now to buy TSLA stock in anticipation for the rise when they report. If they meet their numbers or exceed it, then I predict a good profit days if you buy before and sell right after. However, if tesla fails to meet the numbers, then it can be really bad.

We hear a lot about discount, but does it translate to sales? That is what I want to know.

My take is Tesla has pass their desired sales for this quarter, but still trying to get more sales for the soon to be announce additional stock offering. Here is my take:

1) There has been big discounts but not as much IMO in the last week. Maybe they sold up all the cars and will have more discount this week? Who knows? But I think there might be less pressure from the higher ups to push sales especially at a loss of additional profits. i.e. the firesale seems to be over or at least tapering off.

2) There are less cheaper cars now. There use to be a lot of 60s inventories and at great discounts but now not so much. These are the cheapest Model S and a great way to get people into a Model S now. What I think tesla did is just software upgraded all those 60s into 75s and then upping the price. This of course eliminates a few buyers and help bring a tad bit more profit into the company when they are sold. But I think this points to the fact tesla has reached their numbers and now trying to take as much profit as possible all while pumping those sales number for the announced additional stock offering.
I generally agree with you. I'm not buying new unless they firesale. I was talking next year grabbing a CPO P85D or P90D.

That's awesome, thanks for doing it so quickly. <insert my inner voice here: hmmm, you're such an idiot, now someone else will beat you to your next car...>>

HAHA!! You'll be ok. Plenty of cars were only available internally.

As the end of the month approaches, congrats to those that took home a new car and my guess is we'll be seeing another thread like this in December as EOY comes around.

There may well be some deals in December, but I suspect they won't be as dramatic. I believe Tesla is just trying to show it is possible to be profitable before raising capital. Once they have the money, it will be back to investing in growth and while moving cars will still be important, margin will be too.

Last edited:
Reactions: SD_Engnr
I was also wondering if we would start to see some deals on the first run of Model X's as some are getting up there in miles

There have been some - I grabbed one. Had been mainly looking at Model S, and one disappeared literally as I told my OA to grab it ... and then I switched gears a bit for a variety of reasons and found a loaded P90D Model X (Signature) that had about 5K miles on it and a hefty discount. Since I'm doing a 2 year lease on it I wasn't that concerned with the fact that it was an early build... Looking forward to it!

What kind of deal did you get?

There have been some - I grabbed one. Had been mainly looking at Model S, and one disappeared literally as I told my OA to grab it ... and then I switched gears a bit for a variety of reasons and found a loaded P90D Model X (Signature) that had about 5K miles on it and a hefty discount. Since I'm doing a 2 year lease on it I wasn't that concerned with the fact that it was an early build... Looking forward to it!

What kind of deal did you get?

$11xx/mo for the 24 mo, 10K miles lease with the standard $6K (+ fees) down. The residuals are all wacky with these "deals", to the extent that it's cheaper to get the lower mileage option and pay the penalty than to pre-buy the miles, which is never the case with normal leases....
Mine was local as well (Dedham) which made it particularly convenient / no transportation fees...