Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of the deals last night we're ordered right through the Tesla public portal as they were accessible. There was a couple more internally this morning but nothing to write home about but those have since gone as well.
I have a question regarding the advertised lease payments. I am looking at a MS P90D with a discounted sticker of approx $115,000. Why are the lease payments only $1,000 a month for 24mo/12,000 miles a year with $8,000 down. A new build X90D with a similar MSRP is amost $1,600. Does this make sense?

FYI, there is absolutely no reason to get the higher mileage rates with these deals. Paying the overage on miles is cheaper (by a lot actually) than the $0.25 a mile fee. The lease payment was $42 a month more for a 12,000 mile lease than a 10,000 mile lease (in my case), which would come to $1,008 more for the lease term for those extra 2000 miles. If instead I got the 10,000 lease and drove 2000 extra miles, that would only be $500 total overage fee. It's an odd thing with these in-inventory sales, but good to know for sure.

I have a question regarding the advertised lease payments. I am looking at a MS P90D with a discounted sticker of approx $115,000. Why are the lease payments only $1,000 a month for 24mo/12,000 miles a year with $8,000 down. A new build X90D with a similar MSRP is amost $1,600. Does this make sense?

The big up front discount from MSRP to sale price is basically calculated as a down payment in lease terms, so lets say a 20k discount divided by 24 months saved you approx. $800 a month.
I

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond and SD_Engnr
So, are you up to 20 referrals yet?? Killin it!

I've referred 18 cars total :)

Over $2.3 million MSRP in cars. I'm just putting people in contact with an OA I think deserves the business. The guy has been super helpful and glad everyone is finding something within their budget.

Last edited: