Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will care if the same problem developes and you go back to get it fixed again and they tell you how much it costs. When you say that they fixed it last time for free, they will say that was a goodwill gesture. At which point you have zero argument because they are right and you "didn't care because it was free".

Terrible comments by you and unbelievable that people allow this company to get away with such poor business practices simply because they like the car. It's only a matter of time before you get screwed over, don't come crying here about it when you do.
What ever you say. Apparently you’re not allowed to have an opinion of your own. I guess some of us are just dumb or naive. We all can’t be as smart as you. Have a nice day.

I bought a brand new Model X with FSD on Monday.

The car itself is great. I love everything about it. I've driven 300 miles already.

The FSD is trash. I was sold all these fanciful dreams about self parking, off-ramp navigation, auto lane changes, etc. They did not mention how buggy it is. It doesn't work well in the rain or in the snow. It doesn't work well with lane mergers.

The only times I feel comfortable with it is in heavy stop and go traffic and mostly empty highways. They keep saying you have to be attentive, which I am. But at that point, why am I paying a massive surcharge for FSD and autopilot? I could buy another electric vehicle for 30k-40k less, which drives just as well and I'd be using mostly the same driver assistance features.

Half the time my AP has limited blindspot detection and lane changing. I wanted to get it checked out and they told me the next time they could service it is TWO WEEKS from now. Are you kidding me? This is the experience for a brand new 100k car?

I wanted to love my Tesla. Maybe my expectations on AP were too high. Does it get better? I'm seriously considering returning the car within the refund period.
Probably pretty cold in Minsk. Need a few extra kopeks to pay the heating, do you?

So since Monday you have driven in rain, snow? I think I’ll check the weather reports from your location.

Last edited:
Well pedantic genius, I picked up the car in Highland Park and I've driven to Chicago for work. Go analyze the weather patterns there.

My point was also not what I have driven in. My point is that it WILL not work in those sorts of conditions, as reported by other users. It was one of many points.
So, you bought a $100,000 car and THEN read about how AP/FSD will work? Yes genius, go ahead and return it.

Ok well in that case I'll just call you a liar and a dreamer for the Nokia Battery comment but really I have no idea how you bring a word like Nigger into this conversation. thats a bit weird and I dont really get it but maybe thats a thing Boomers have done for a very long time as they were pretty much the last generation who found it to be a mainstream and acceptable word.

So why are you using the word in this thread?

I did not use that word at all. You very deliberately edited the quote from me to change the term I'd used and make it seem as if I had used a highly offensive racist term. I've reported your post, for the simple reason that trying to portray that I had used that unutterably offensive racist term is wholly unacceptable, and most probably against the terms and conditions of this forum.

LOL,
I don't know what S/W means. I have a new 2020 Model X Tesla Long Range with FSD.

Yes, being able to get the $7k FSD back would be ideal. I think I'd be happy with that. Unfortunately, they told me I'd have to return it and then order a new one to do that.

My concern for navigating on AP is I've been reading posts from 2016 where people are saying how it's getting better all the time and X feature is incoming. I think I read something where they were expecting stop sign/light recognition then? Just recently read they were expecting by end of 2019? Doesn't seem like it will come.
LOL, you literally bought a computer on wheels and don't know what 'S/W' means despite the word "version" following after it??

Sounds like buyer’s remorse. Autopilot has made significant progress over the last to years with each new update but if you’re expecting a self driving car you’re going to be disappointed for at least a year, maybe indefinitely.

Return the car and move on but if you think another EV for $30k less drives anything like a Tesla I’ve got a bridge to sell you.
Which is perfect since it seems like the OP is being a troll, hahaha!

So you bought the car then researched it and don’t see what you like? Sounds like buyers remorse to me. And using FSD as a justification.

If you did your homework I think you’d see a lot of folks unhappy with the current state of FSD. But it’s not bad enough for most to give up on the car, the brand or even what FSD will bring in the future.

I had a Model 3 for a year and still bought X a year later even with FSD even though all I use is AutoSteer and semi-manual lane change. I’m betting that Tesla will eventually get closer to FSD over time even if they never quite fully reach it. AutoSteer alone is still pretty nice compared to other cars.

The rest of the car is just amazing. Glitches and all.

Don’t bother bringing it into service, there is nothing wrong with it. If you think other brands would deliver better bang for your buck, return it.

No SUV, handles better. No SUV is safer. No SUV is more efficient. No SUV is faster. FSD should get better, but most realistically know it may take years. And might need more hardware. I think there has been a bit more progress in the last 2 months than there was in the past year. I expect that trend may continue with some ups and downs. Mainly because over the next year they will better leverage the new HW3 computer. You can see bits and pieces trickling through now.

Elon might be late on things but he usually follows through, eventually.

But to be fair about your complaint. I overheard a Tesla Sales person over selling FSD to an elderly couple at the delivery center having no idea what they are actually getting. That should stop.

This is probably the most accurate post.

I don't understand all the people calling me a troll or thinking this is made up. You're part of the reason why it's so difficult to get unbiased reviews about this car. There's some cultish section of the population that wants to inject Elon's semen into their veins. It's a car. The AP is currently nothing special. I'll be first in line to suck his dick when he delivers.

As I mentioned, all the non-software features are fantastic. Car drives insanely well. From the way everyone talked about the AP/FSD, I thought it would be much further along. I did read reviews of unhappy people. I dismissed them as there are always negative reviews. The positive reviews outnumbered them.

The service is utter garbage. That is undeniable. Tesla acts as if they did me a favor by letting me buy their car. This was a $100,000 luxury car. Any other luxury purchase of similar size from any other car company or any other industry would have appropriate service. Do you think if you bought a 100k porsche or BMW or ANY other car company and had an issue, that you couldn't speak to a human? Or have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment?

I don't understand all the people calling me a troll or thinking this is made up. You're part of the reason why it's so difficult to get unbiased reviews about this car. There's some cultish section of the population that wants to inject Elon's semen into their veins. It's a car. The AP is currently nothing special. I'll be first in line to suck his dick when he delivers.

As I mentioned, all the non-software features are fantastic. Car drives insanely well. From the way everyone talked about the AP/FSD, I thought it would be much further along. I did read reviews of unhappy people. I dismissed them as there are always negative reviews. The positive reviews outnumbered them.

The service is utter garbage. That is undeniable. Tesla acts as if they did me a favor by letting me buy their car. This was a $100,000 luxury car. Any other luxury purchase of similar size from any other car company or any other industry would have appropriate service. Do you think if you bought a 100k porsche or BMW or ANY other car company and had an issue, that you couldn't speak to a human? Or have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment?
Return it. You are never going to be happy with it.

Return the car. It seems pretty obvious that it’s not the right fit for you and you’d be more satisfied with a luxury car from a conventional automaker.

If you’re within the seven day window the return should be fairly painless.

What an asinine response. They explicitly told me that it's a "one time goodwill gesture". I'm not sure how anyone can interpret that other than they'll only do it one time.
Thanks for your nice response. They told you it was a one time gesture. Does that mean that everyone will be subject to the same policy? No it doesn't. We've seen a large number of different ways that different SCs handle issues.

Have a nice night.

I did. Take active posters and guestimate the complainers, and I guess it's about....10, maybe I'm being too generous. You know, the same ones you continually dismiss as complainers..
Again you are guessing which does no good to prove your point. And obviously you dont read what I write because if you did you would see that I dont dismiss them. Seriously, where was you critical thinking when you typed that comment out. Maybe you should do some re-reading.

Again you are guessing which does no good to prove your point. And obviously you dont read what I write because if you did you would see that I dont dismiss them. Seriously, where was you critical thinking when you typed that comment out. Maybe you should do some re-reading.

Guestimation is a critical thinking skill, as opposed to concrete thinking, which is best exemplifed by toddlers and anal retentives. You do acknowledge that Tesla has a problem, and it is certainly within your right to downplay it and continue to make excuses for a company that actively works against its customers, but you need to hard data to confirm this is happening, so I'm not sure how i can overcome that.

Status
Not open for further replies.