Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. I think they know the facts.

-Tesla sends out updates to improve your car.
-You call those updates useless, because it doesn’t suit your individual needs. :)

I think they call that “Entitled”.
If you were a 6 year old, you would be called spoiled. :)
I don't think they can read without first getting enraged. I would cal you a TJW

A disease that seems to be under control? That is not going to age well. In the US this virus is everything but under control. In China it is, in Korea they have a chance, in Italy they are struggling. But the US will be going the way of Iran.

The virus is rapidly spreading in the US and there are likely thousands of undetected cases. Hardly anyone gets tested, sick people take it to work and infect co-workers and customers because they cannot afford to stay home. The fast food and take away oriented society facilitates the spreading. Starbucks and Burger King are corona’s best friend.

Testing and quarantine could slow it down but this government hopes it will just go away by ignoring it, by not testing (1500 tests so far, which is ridiculous) and by downplaying it. The official line now seems to be that it is not much worse than the flu. I can tell you, the flu doesn’t kill 15 people in one nursing home in one week. But how about those low death rates in Japan and Korea? Well, the US isn’t Asia. Elderly people in those countries are in relative good health. The ones in the US are not, many are obese, diabetic or have/had cancer.

If this virus is not stopped, and it doesn’t look like it will, the US health system will collapse within a few months. China was able to handle it, but barely. They locked down cities, provinces and companies and built hospitals in the same time it took US politics to agree it would be a good thing to spend 8 billion on fighting this virus. But that’s all show. The money will be wasted because what this administration really wants us to believe is that there is no problem and that it will go away, so that there will be a booming economy, a booming stock market and a glorious re-election.

Until it blows up in their faces.

Yes it’s spreading rapidly, do you see people dying on the streets in Seattle? If so, take some picture and post it here. If not, then we’re fine and it’s under control. Just like the flu has spread rapidly with 500,000 deaths, is the flu out of control?

we’re talking 2 months and under 3,500 deaths.

He is a troll, but there is a lot of that going on in this thread. I sure didn't mean to troll in here, but it's hard when others are trolling this subject so hard. I thought I would post something dumb here and smarter people than I would show me the errors of my ways. Didn't expect the Trump Phallus. Especially since Trump isn't involved in healthcare at all

Edit: Not a doc.
Obviously.

No test is perfect. That nurse will remain in quarantine until serial tests are negative and she is clinically recovered, and her contacts will be presumed infected until she is cleared.

@EVNow, testing will be used based on science, not to massage your emotional angst or her emotional angst. When the tests are in surplus then she can get tested as often as she likes so long as she pays for it. Now, stop playing doctor. You are making a fool of yourself.

Reactions: sundaymorning
@EVNow, testing will be used based on science, not to massage your emotional angst or her emotional angst. When the tests are in surplus then she can get tested as often as she likes so long as she pays for it. Now, stop playing doctor. You are making a fool of yourself.
You are the only one making a fool of yourself.

Just read the WHO recommendation.

Stop acting like Trump spokesperson.

2. Prioritize active, exhaustive case finding and immediate testing and isolation, painstaking contact tracing and rigorous quarantine of close contacts;

This statement is laughably false, they are doing something, and perhaps it's not everything you'd demand, but they are absolutely working on this issue.

Tesla is releasing firmware updates, notifying owners with in-car prompts to bring for service and replace with a new or re-manufactured pack, and recently have attended to other elements of the longevity of the older Model S/X with MCU2 upgrade among many other initiatives within Tesla.

It was only 1 year ago you had posted on this site and bragged how much you supercharged and were seemingly delighted with your experience. Perhaps some balance is appropriate on this thread. May you mark this "funny" to down vote because I had the gall to call you out on your continued over-reliance on exaggeration and absolute statements.

@SmartElectric
Brother you clearly seem to have an agenda here. Why do you constantly defend Tesla on this matter?
You are not affected by any of this or at least you'll make it sound like this. So your input here is of absolutely no value.
People here have severe problems and have any right to vent since Tesla is not communicating at all. This is a thread about battery and charging issues introduced with firmware 2019.16.1.1 and manifested with the ones thereafter.
I would be happy if you would stay out of this thread

BTW, it's not circulating air on a plane. It has small holes after first compressor turbine where air is reasonably hot and compressed enough and it uses valve to restrict how much air goes into cabin through the tube to maintain 2.5 km pressure. Excessive air just leaks through regular holes or pressure release valve.

So it's plenty fresh air, but super dry since it's cold outside and almost no water in gas state.

The more you know...
This is semantics, but if it's a Boeing aircraft most of the air is still recirculated through the mix manifold and recirc fans and only a small amount of new air is introduced via the engine bleed air. Flying commercial is still a much higher risk of airborne illness, in addition to heavily touched surfaces.

Back on topic: Has anyone confirmed whether the new V2 lap timer is indeed 1Hz? If so, it's pretty useless.

This is semantics, but if it's a Boeing aircraft most of the air is still recirculated through the mix manifold and recirc fans and only a small amount of new air is introduced via the engine bleed air. Flying commercial is still a much higher risk of airborne illness, in addition to heavily touched surfaces.

Back on topic: Has anyone confirmed whether the new V2 lap timer is indeed 1Hz? If so, it's pretty useless.
It's 10Hz GPS, confirmed. So it's good enough. And considering that you have full datalog of positions, you potentially can calculate it with something like 20-30 msec precision. So it's not that bad.

Certainly every airplane also moves air around. But don't forget that an extremely low humidity of air almost instantly evaporates any droplets flying around, so it's in fact very hard to get virus from that air - somebody need to cough directly to your face. Also, I assume (correct me here), you need a lot of fresh air to remove that much of co2 from such densely populated craft. I took co2 meter once onboard - it barely moved up vs outside air, so got to be changes of air every minute or few at most...

Certainly every airplane also moves air around. But don't forget that an extremely low humidity of air almost instantly evaporates any droplets flying around, so it's in fact very hard to get virus from that air - somebody need to cough directly to your face. Also, I assume (correct me here), you need a lot of fresh air to remove that much of co2 from such densely populated craft. I took co2 meter once onboard - it barely moved up vs outside air, so got to be changes of air every minute or few at most...

Why do you post info about subjects you know nothing about? You post as though you are an authority, when it’s mostly guesswork, or what you can find via Google.

Boeing and Airbus aircraft have special water channels (especially in the cockpit) due the amount of water build-up and condensation that happens in flight. 737’s are renowned for dripping water onto the occupants of seat 1ABC.

You can quite easily produce mist (lots of water particles) in the cabin at certain pressure gradients. I’ve produced thick fog many times when carrying out pressurisation tests.

Both A320 and B737 use high amounts of recirculating air. BTW, I’m a Boeing and Airbus type rated, CAA and FAA licenced engineer. You?

Why do you post info about subjects you know nothing about? You post as though you are an authority, when it’s mostly guesswork, or what you can find via Google.

Boeing and Airbus aircraft have special water channels (especially in the cockpit) due the amount of water build-up and condensation that happens in flight. 737’s are renowned for dripping water onto the occupants of seat 1ABC.

You can quite easily produce mist (lots of water particles) in the cabin at certain pressure gradients. I’ve produced thick fog many times when carrying out pressurisation tests.

Both A320 and B737 use high amounts of recirculating air. BTW, I’m a Boeing and Airbus type rated, CAA and FAA licenced engineer. You?

Okay. Boys. Please take this outside of this thread. Thanks

Somewhere back a few hundred postings, someone posted that their replacement battery was still chargegate'd. When they bitched to Tesla, the cap was removed and supercharging returned to pre-chargegate levels. I don't recall precisely, but I think this was a 16 module, 400V battery, not the mysterious 14 module, 350V battery.

Maybe they'll see this and correct me. I'm not digging through a month of posts to try and find it.

I've read all the posts and don't recall anyone getting the charging speed fixed. Without quoting that post your claim is hard to believe.

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr
A CRUISE???
You are going on a cruise?
upload_2020-3-8_11-0-45.png

There have been multiple "free" updates where Tesla owners reported 5% performance increase, so Tesla has shown they are willing to give these types of upgrades for free. I think Tesla is doing a great job of continuing to improve their products for new and old owners alike. But insisting that a performance upgrade of this significance should be free while others are paying for it is absurd, IMO. There are clearly different levels of performance offered for each Model 3 type that is sold, so you decide what you want at the time you make your purchase. But to say that performance is an unlockable feature and as such everyone should get it for free, is mind blowing.

It’s kind mind blowing that you are all okay with being nickel and dimed. Fanboying at it’s finest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.