Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen again. Correct, he is saying how it USED to behave when other cars were coming the opposite direction. How it USED to behave in relation to those cars.

But listen very closely at 8:07 he says "if you SEE (not saw..SEE) shadows like that? It WILL(not used to...WILL..present tense) brake sometimes...it WILL think that there is a car in front..."
Yet in your examples it never does PB Ever! If you ever Owned or used FSD you might understand how it works. Doesn’t matter if he’s talking about hurricane, the car (in your examples in fact the entire video) Never had a PB event. Go back to your emoji play, it’s what your good at.

I haven't seen anybody mention a dirty camera window on the windshield as a possible cause. Has anybody checked the frequency of phantom braking events after cleaning?

By the way, for the lack of accidents due to phantom braking I can think of only one explanation: Teslas do not brake hard when there's another car close behind that poses a risk of a tailgate collision. A Tesla tries to minimize collisions both front and back at the same time.

If you ever Owned or used FSD you might understand how it works.
I absolutely owned FSD in my prior (2017) S. And it was that experience that taught me it would NEVER be a robotaxi service with current hardware offerings or get from NYC to LA with no driver in the car. (That last part is at least 10 years away. MINIMUM).more importantly taught me that Elon is a habitual liar whose word absolutely cannot be trusted regarding autonomous driving capabilities of his products.

So I was a fool once ($3k upgrade). But not with this S!

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I absolutely owned FSD in my prior (2017) S.

Which apart from stopping at stop signs and red lights added no actual FSD features, and was running legacy code that won't be in the wide release in the future at all.

Thanks for admitting you've wasted 4000+ posts on telling us how something you have 0 actual experience with sucks!

Which apart from stopping at stop signs and red lights added no actual FSD features, and was running legacy code that won't be in the wide release in the future at all.

Thanks for admitting you've wasted 4000+ posts on telling us how something you have 0 actual experience with sucks!
Your reading comprehension remains..atrocious. I NEVER said I NEVER tried FSD since then. (I have...MULTIPLE TIMES). I said I did not RE-PURCHASE IT. Checking out the "new stack" and "made by giga" and "its got dojo" and all of the other magical things, didnt convince me to drop $12k on it. And if you havent had a chance, check almost EVERY poll on this forum about the perception of FSD and what people think it will do compared to what Elon claims it will do. Hint: Dont count your robotaxi income just yet. 🤣🤣

You are having a TERRIBLE chat week. First the loss to sleepydoc, now this. 🤣 🤣

• Helpful
Yes. Still useless for driving in the city.

Guaranteed it would get me killed if I just left it alone. Is it better than EAP? Well…it does more things, albeit badly.

I still have not seen anything from Tesla that inspires confidence like AP1 did.

Yup, I have 10.69.2.2 and it still tries to kill me every couple miles 🤷‍♂️

Seems like it tries to kill me less often than it used to. Progress!

Screenshot 2022-10-06 094730.jpg

I haven't seen anybody mention a dirty camera window on the windshield as a possible cause. Has anybody checked the frequency of phantom braking events after cleaning?

By the way, for the lack of accidents due to phantom braking I can think of only one explanation: Teslas do not brake hard when there's another car close behind that poses a risk of a tailgate collision. A Tesla tries to minimize collisions both front and back at the same time.
I've checked at random times and never seen any issues with the front camera or noticed an improvement after car washes. I can't definitively say that it isn't a cause but I doubt it's a major cause.

• Informative
Didn't @EVNow or someone ask this person why they post opinions on this thread about fsd when they don't have beta?? What are you doing posting anything except perhaps questions, in the off chance you actually own a Tesla and score higher than 40 on the safety score one day?? Get a life.. I must of unblocked you by accident..
1665091939055.png

Pretty inconsistent logic. You can’t both be supremely negative about AP and FSD while also supporting a device that enables people to stop paying attention entirely while using AP and FSD.
Unfortunately, @2101Guy shows every sign of being a troll. Logic need not apply: the intent is to be negative and disruptive.

This is the kind of person whose advice, if followed, could end up killing people. And no, I’m not joking.

Its reaction to such an event, assuming that it’s an actual person, would be predictable: privately, joy for the yuks: publicly, more FUD.

• Funny
I am sure your like a moving couch.
Have you seen the delivery numbers of Tesla vs. Hyundai/Kia EVs? I see only 20 ish people here complain about the MY suspension on this forum, and how many MYs on the road now?
If the suspension of MY/MYP is that horrible, why you don't see millions of posts all over the internet? Apparently, Tesla cars are not for you people who want moving couch type cushy rides. Why don't you take it as a grown-up (if you are), and move onto something else instead of whining here, which will do zero good for you in any way.

First of all it's "you're". You seem like the one that is being a cry baby, grow tf up. Having BOTH cars where as you don't, you have no room to talk. As for not seeing "millions of posts all over the internet" there are A LOT more posts about the harsh suspension then there are ANY complaints about the I5. Don't worry, I'll be here to school you reply after reply. So why don't YOU take your grown a$$ up and stop crying, your post is useless and does zero good for this page, I gave valuable input as an owner of both where you probably have a base model. Again grow tf up.

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.