Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snow tires or All seas for Sr+

Winter or all season tires which do you have

• Winter tires

• All season tires

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I’m picking up my car in a few hours. I’m wondering when it comes time for winter what’s the best option for the car. I live in the southwest of B.C. so not much snow, a lot of rain though...
What are some suggestions for a great all season tire rated for snow. As well as a snow tire.
Thanks!

when temp drop below 7C, snow tires offer better traction. it really depends on how much you drive in winter? I live in Winnipeg. snow tires are very important for safety during long and cold winter days. However, I will drive my AWD SUV with snow tires in winter and ride the SR+ M3 from April to Nov. so I would not get snow boots for my coming M3.

Reactions: Arctic_White
Do you mean that new category of tire, the 3PeakMountain Snowflake, because those are all-seasons, rated for snow, like the Michelin CrossClimate+ and the Vredestein Quatrac5, and others. Those qualify as snow tires in those Canadian provinces that require them.

Hey everyone, I’m picking up my car in a few hours. I’m wondering when it comes time for winter what’s the best option for the car. I live in the southwest of B.C. so not much snow, a lot of rain though...
What are some suggestions for a great all season tire rated for snow. As well as a snow tire.
Thanks!
All weather tires, I have them on mine, don't need to swap.

Living around Vancouver means you need to consider a few more things.
  • Are you going to go up to Whistler?
  • Over the Coquihalla?
  • Across to the Island?
  • Anywhere else in BC or Washington?
If the answer is "yes" to any of the above, then I'd highly recommend proper Winter tires.

The only time I'd skip Winter tires is if I can absolutely guarantee that I have full control over where I am and where I need to be in case snow does arrive in the area. Basically, having a job you go to regularly means you don't have this full control and might be surprised with snow one day.

I've never used "All-Weather" tires (since we get more snow here), but if I was in Vancouver and know I'd stick around there I'd probably be tempted. Nearly everyone here recommends the Michelin CrossClimate+ for that purpose.

Reactions: Kotton
I used vikingcontact 7 on stock tires (2nd set) for only 1 winter. We didn't have any significant snow/icing so I didn't really test its limits but overall I'm very pleased. I'm experienced with Altimax Arctic, 3 generations of Blizzaks WS, and Hakka R2/3s.

For real nasty stuff I'll always take the Subbie with the Hakkas, hands down the best combo for ice/snow.

I'd probably buy VikingContact7 or it's successor the next time I need to replace them.
Continental VikingContact 7 test ans review of the Continental ContiVikingContact 7 | AllTyreTests.com

• Informative
Reactions: Kotton