Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100kwh pack on a model 3 would be amazing. Add all of those things and there's no reason other than bigger size to buy a Model S.
Indeed and for those that think this might be excessive. Nio in China is doing a 100kWh and 150kWh battery in their ET5 which is a Model 3 sized car. The 150kWh is very expensive at the moment as production of them hasn’t ramped but the 100kWh isn’t.

Tesla might need this sooner or later to stay competitive in China.

• Informative
Reactions: thax1 and Watts_Up
It's like being at the wheel of a kitchen appliance. The sort of default choice refrigerator for people who have a strict budget and no desire to waste time researching fridge choices, and who will therefore buy the first discount Samsung they see after walking through the door at Currys, along with everyone else

You seem a bit sat-on-the-fence about it ... 🤩

loan car is also white which helps

Hahaha ... I'm off to rename my White MY from "BattBaby" to "Appliance" 🤡

soft air suspension car that also costs twice as much of course.

Happy with that, now that I've experience the difference in arrival wear-and-tear on occupants on long journeys. Saves half to a full day of recovery, at each end of a 500+ mile journey - and that's comparing my old self, now, with my younger self when I was driving smaller cars without air suspension.

• Funny
Reactions: Leytonstone
I offer incontrovertible proof of fridge-ness

1693820962273.png

Pick any sales chart from any year: whatever's at the top will have been carefully designed to be the least offensive, most unambitious car choice of that time, thereby appealing to the biggest number of normie owners whose main criteria for ownership is affordability.

Like I said earlier, Tesla aren't silly

You seem a bit sat-on-the-fence about it ... 🤩

Hahaha ... I'm off to rename my White MY from "BattBaby" to "Appliance" 🤡

Happy with that, now that I've experience the difference in arrival wear-and-tear on occupants on long journeys. Saves half to a full day of recovery, at each end of a 500+ mile journey - and that's comparing my old self, now, with my younger self when I was driving smaller cars without air suspension.
I’m sold for the most part on air suspension but it is possible to have a very good ride with springs also, good enough for sure. Of course a lot of makes all went for sporty driving which it seems despite our crap roads, is what most Brits want. You can tell this because if you look at the Germans, they stopped offering cars like the regular M5 in the UK and only offer the former competition offerings.

I had probably one of the last M5’s before you could only get the competition models. Had it on 19’s vs 20’s as I took a gamble ordering it as had only got to test drive a competition on 20’s. That car made me want to get out of it after an hour, it wasn’t comfortable at all. On the other hand the regular M5 on 19’s was amazingly comfortable. The most comfortable spring based car I’ve owned. I put that down to just very well setup springs and the M seats were just supremely comfortable.

Hence I’m not a believer that you have to have air suspension for a car to be comfortable. More often than not that’s the case but I’ve been in air riding cars that actually aren’t great as well.

I’ll give it a chance and see where it lands. I don’t expect them to make a Plaid but carbon wrapped rotors might not be such a long stretch. So a faster M3P but not to Plaid levels is all. Still be 2 motors vs 3.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I don’t expect them to make a Plaid but carbon wrapped rotors might not be such a long stretch. So a faster M3P but not to Plaid levels is all. Still be 2 motors vs 3.

Can you imagine a bunch of IT mid-twenty somethings getting M3 Plaids as Company Cars...

You'd never get onto a roundabout safely, again.

It was bad enough when we/they were armed with 6 cylinder BMW's back in the day 😀

Last edited:
Can you imagine a bunch of IT mid-twenty somethings getting M3 Plaids as Company Cars...

You'd never get onto a roundabout safely, again.

It was bad enough when we/they were armed with 6 cylinder BMW's back in the day 😀
Yeah tis a bit of a worry just how fast cars are getting with the cost of that speed rapidly dropping. As an IT guy in my mid forties I've drastically cut down on the amount of rubber I leave behind on a roundabout. ;) Mid 20's me probably wouldn't have made it to 30 with something as fast as a Plaid.

Hell even the new Volvo EX30 which is their budget EV is going to be sub 4 seconds to 60 on the dual motor version. Once everyone has EV's I wonder if the accident rate is going to head up.

On the plus side we'll hopefully solve the annoying issue of people that pull into the short uakl carriageway overtake lanes to get past a lorry on a uphill and then proceed to slow down because their 1 litre motor cannot gain speed on a hill :D

Reactions: PITA
Reddit found the solution to turn signals in roundabouts - good old fashioned hand signals out of the window, or a "turn signal on navigate" that puts the signals on according to your route. Lol
I don’t think anyone in the UK probably knows those hand signals anymore. They only know the more modern “hand signals” you give to other drivers 😂

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: PITA and fasteddie7
good old fashioned hand signals out of the window

Hahaha ... but the Left Turn Signal is accomplished by sticking your hand out of the right window ... not sure anyone who doesn't remember also having someone walk in front of the car with a red flag will know the Right/Left hand signal difference :)

Hence I’m not a believer that you have to have air suspension for a car to be comfortable

yes, agreed, I just need "very comfortable", don't care how the engineering boffins achieve it. But I have been completely swayed, since I had firstMS, by the ability to have supercar acceleration from 0-to-bonkers, oodles of cargo space, comfortable ride when touring and 5 adults in comfort (M3 might fail on that one, but I don't need it often, and Bjorn reckoned the room in the back was better)

and you imagine a bunch of IT mid-twenty somethings getting M3 Plaids as Company Cars...

I remember a software company having a Rolls Royce for "Salesman of the year" and a pair of Lotus Esprits for "Salesman of the month".

not many got their hands on the Lotus for their month ... they were always in the shop (mostly 'coz they were bent, but "Lots of trouble, usually serious" also applied).

And of course the Rolls wouldn't fit in any salesman's garage ...

• Funny
Reactions: PITA
Hahaha ... but the Left Turn Signal is accomplished by sticking your hand out of the right window ... not sure anyone who doesn't remember also having someone walk in front of the car with a red flag will know the Right/Left hand signal difference :)

yes, agreed, I just need "very comfortable", don't care how the engineering boffins achieve it. But I have been completely swayed, since I had firstMS, by the ability to have supercar acceleration from 0-to-bonkers, oodles of cargo space, comfortable ride when touring and 5 adults in comfort (M3 might fail on that one, but I don't need it often, and Bjorn reckoned the room in the back was better)

I remember a software company having a Rolls Royce for "Salesman of the year" and a pair of Lotus Esprits for "Salesman of the month".

not many got their hands on the Lotus for their month ... they were always in the shop (mostly 'coz they were bent, but "Lots of trouble, usually serious" also applied).

And of course the Rolls wouldn't fit in any salesman's garage ...
I remember going to a company a while ago and having the nicest car in the car park by quite a bit. One of the company Directors asked who's car it was, then went to find out what they were paying for me before coming up to me and telling me they are paying more for me than they would a Director. Obviously I told him I'm reassuringly expensive but worth it ;)

BTDTGTTS! My partner and I wound up, inadvertently, getting two-seater high-end sports cars at same time. Did more business in the following years than ever before ...
Indeed. Obviously if they push a bit harder then I normally tell them at least you know where I’m spending my money. It’s the ones you are paying a similar rate for and turn up in a Fiesta you need to worry about. They probably have a gambling, drugs or lady of leisure problem so cannot afford a decent car. 😉