Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems the UK will get the new M3 in Q1 2024 - all the current grades are now showing estimated delivery of Jan/Feb. The price of the blue and black paint has also increased £200.
I’m not sure that’s the case as you’re still able to order the performance (for the same dates) a d it’s not even been officially announced yet. Plus, when you select things like different wheels on the LR it’s the ones that have been available for some time showing on the configurator and the colours are still the original ones (I think the red at least has had a name change). I put my name down for email updates on ordering highland in the UK as soon as you could and have heard nothing. Personally I think they’ll make a big thing when you can actually order the update rather than just sneaking it in, or hoping people will order one now expecting the update and then just accept the older one when they collect.

I’m not sure that’s the case as you’re still able to order the performance (for the same dates) a d it’s not even been officially announced yet. Plus, when you select things like different wheels on the LR it’s the ones that have been available for some time showing on the configurator and the colours are still the original ones (I think the red at least has had a name change). I put my name down for email updates on ordering highland in the UK as soon as you could and have heard nothing. Personally I think they’ll make a big thing when you can actually order the update rather than just sneaking it in, or hoping people will order one now expecting the update and then just accept the older one when they collect.
I've just paid £200 reservation fee the RWD, I think if incorrect order like M3P is placed now they will call to either change or cancel your order.

with an negative opinion of how they feel that their car performs (which based upon many other similar posts)
If i repeat the positives of Tesla as many times as @Artiste i will be labelled as a fanboy and what not by them and there will be whole load of others to support these views. Is that only people who criticise Tesla are the only ones who has the right to express their views? why don’t we have some fairness when people highlight the positives of not only the car’s but also the CEO’s who did change the car industry to shift from a dealer based network. And for someone like @Adopado to lose the patience clearly shows how much @Artiste has repeatedly written negative views about Tesla. When I saw @Artiste comment I thought about responding but didn’t want the thread to get closed.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Disagree
Reactions: Pants and bkp_duke
Positives are what people expect. So posts with people saying “I drove to shops and car performed perfectly” would simply be reiterating everyone’s expectations.

A car shouldn’t have problems. It should just do what the driver/owner expects.

When something doesn’t meet driver/owner expectations, or something unusual takes place, that's not normal and it shouldn’t be surprising that it will be written about.

You drove to Italy. For most people that it is an unusual trip. You wrote about it. But if you had just driven to Birmingham and back, a pretty normal journey, not so unusual which is why the forum is not littered with normal experiences.

Unless you are suggesting that problems with Tesla’s or bad experiences with the company are normal and to be expected and thus not worthy of being written about?

Reactions: Durzel
I've just paid £200 reservation fee the RWD, I think if incorrect order like M3P is placed now they will call to either change or cancel your order.
Agreed. They cancelled all Performance orders in Australia I believe, sure the same will happen in the UK if they don’t have the existing design to ship to you.

The delay for the Model 3 Performance / Plaid is probably just Elon working out the finishing touches to the hover mode from the SpaceX option. This means we should have it in our hands probably… never.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I personally think people reiterating their annoyance with things is positive, because it means they want to like something, and if Tesla (or whoever is the focus of their ire) does fix things then they might win that customer back.

If people just ditch their aspiration to continue to be Tesla owners because they think the situation is unrecoverable, that’s something to be concerned about, I think.

So, yeah, people can moan about legitimate things as often as they like in my opinion. To my mind it certainly beats rose tinted opinions disingenuously rooted either in TSLA stock fanaticism, or hero worship of Elon, particularly where it seeks to disregard practical complaints in service to an imagined-but-uncertain future where all of these issues have been solved.

I suspect the lack of stalks will put a lot of people off (deal breaker for me)

If I found I couldn't get on without them (and otherwise liked the car) I'd just fit 3rd party stalks

The list of alterations people make to their car is long! I don't consider myself into tinting windows, improvements to audio / cupholders etc, or adding go faster stripes (I am too old ... last time I di that was in the 70s :) ) but I have after market mats in my boot, and PPF 'coz I reckon that's going to do a good job of looking after the paint

For me fitting stalks to cure an annoyance would be a simple choice.

I think the issue is software and efficiency of the drive train is really important these days. There’s not much choice in the market that comes close to Tesla in these areas sadly. I think a good amount of people on this forum are obviously the switched on types and come to similar conclusions.

I think at least for efficiency the others will catch up, once it gets to diminishing returns it won’t sway you on the car you pick anymore.

Software though is much harder and it’s importance in a car is vastly increasing and becoming a bigger part of the overall experience. Tesla has a big lead here in my opinion.

I think the issue is software and efficiency of the drive train is really important these days. There’s not much choice in the market that comes close to Tesla in these areas sadly. I think a good amount of people on this forum are obviously the switched on types and come to similar conclusions.

I think at least for efficiency the others will catch up, once it gets to diminishing returns it won’t sway you on the car you pick anymore.

Software though is much harder and it’s importance in a car is vastly increasing and becoming a bigger part of the overall experience. Tesla has a big lead here in my opinion.
Yeah, you're not wrong. Tesla still has a lead in the efficiency department and they have bigger margins so can squeeze other manufacturers on price. That's the benefit of being a good 5-10 years ahead of others who weren't taking it seriously enough.

I actually like the minimalism, and I do buy into the whole "if you don't use a control much, why does it have to be conspicuous?" aesthetic. When the gear stalk disappeared I initially thought it was a terrible idea, but then I thought about how often do you actually change gears in an automatic? You typically switch into Drive at the start of the journey, and Park at the end. Doing three point turns is very much an edge case.

Indicators aren't in that category though. I think haptic button indicators are a dumb idea, and having both on one side of the wheel an even dumber idea still. Cars that have indicator buttons (usually supercars) will usually have them as thumb buttons, left for left, right for right, and those cars will have a much tighter steering rack as well, so doing several turns lock to lock doesn't happen.

Will be interesting to see if Tesla make any change on that front... I pessimistically think that people will just buy the cars anyway - because of the aforementioned class leading efficiency - and simply not indicate properly or at all on roundabouts, etc.

because of the aforementioned class leading efficiency
I do think this efficiency of the drivetrain is becoming a bit of a myth like the one about how technologically advanced the driver assistance is. I've seen a fair few reviews of other EVs where the efficiency blows the Tesla out of the water like the BMW iX.

Out of spec on YouTube do a load of range tests where other cars do impress

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
I do think this efficiency of the drivetrain is becoming a bit of a myth like the one about how technologically advanced the driver assistance is. I've seen a fair few reviews of other EVs where the efficiency blows the Tesla out of the water like the BMW iX.

Out of spec on YouTube do a load of range tests where other cars do impress
Nonsense as usual. Range and efficiency are separate items. iX barely breaks 300 WH/mi.

Reading this thread, and other (long) threads, I notice it doesn't take long before the thread goes off topic and becomes a general slanging match, as well as a Tesla hate thread. I realize a small proportion of contributors are likely to be trolls, but even so...
As a browser of both this sub-forum on TMC and 4Chan, I often get confused as to which message board I'm viewing.

• Funny
Reactions: EVMeister
Nonsense as usual. Range and efficiency are separate items. iX barely breaks 300 WH/mi.

And this is the M60 version, the more sensible 50 will be even better.

Only nonsense is people like you who can't look past Tesla.

No one gives a toss about wh/mi, they care about range and how quick they can charge up. Anything else is a figment of your imagination.

Edit: Also aren't Tesla being investigated for overrating their range? 🫠

I pessimistically think that people will just buy the cars anyway
1696000912394.jpeg

People don’t just buy Tesla.

This is BMW ix1. I am sure it caters to a group who likes their brand. But around £50000 this is pretty expensive irrespective of what it offers as a ‘car’. Compare this with the base model Y around £44990 and 283 miles. Model Y wins on any day!

1696000393928.jpeg

But I think this is better than a Model Y as you get to save some money if you go for the base version without any of the TACC etc.,

The new Jeep Avenger around £36000 and 250miles and the top version is £39000. Has the SUV look and we get to count the ducks :)

1696001170491.jpeg

Last edited: