Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you can wait up to 6 months then I would sit tight for the new model. If you need a car before then I'd get whatever you can get your hands on now.

If you are able to buy "quickly" (e.g. cash) you could wait and be fastest-finger-first. I've been one of the first recipients of new models because when the actual order book opened I placed my order immediately (and I did not hold a prior reservation). Folk who had made a reservation, and assumed that was the batting order, were disappointed.

Why are Oz getting a RHD date prediction and UK not?
I think because Oz is a smaller market it's easier to guarantee them deliveries when they are producing less during the switch over period. I've not seen talk of moving M3 production to Germany, not sure it would make sense as China is closer to the other major RHD markets.

I'll be getting it through salary sacrifice so can't move quickly and wanted to get and finish the contract before my mortgage renewal in just over 3yrs so want to order sooner rather than later so I can at least have fun with it until the mortgage rate jumps for me!

Going to my local Tesla centre next week to have a test drive of the RWD to make a final decision (providing Octopus EV are still accepting orders!)

I think because Oz is a smaller market it's easier to guarantee them deliveries when they are producing less during the switch over period

Makes perfect sense. But has not been a factor for Tesla in the past!

Delivery is obviously quicker to those local markets, so easier to convert cars-to-cash.

All that points to Tesla being comfortable having zero M3s available in UK market. (And maybe the Antipodean / Asian markets have a preference for Saloon over Hatchback?). I think you might not get RHD Highland M3 in UK until Q2. Especially if Finance / Sacrifice because the lease people can be slow to do the paperwork (flip side might be that they have pre-ordered hundreds, so will then just allocate one to you. Depends on the Lease company ... Flip-a-Coin for the answer to that one, unless someone here has some inside track

Reactions: zoomer0056
Well thats at odds with pretty much everyone including a number of Tesla staff for thinking that. I kind of think people in the RHD markets may have followed the RHD story closer than someone who's not.

One guy even told me that they looked at introducing a MS+ rear wheel drive only version a bit like the the old P85+ but that was ruled out due to the small numbers.
Right but the rumours suggest only the rear motor would be carbon wrapped so as long as Elon's next idea isn't to move the seating wheel to the back so back seat driving really does become a thing we'd be good ;)

• Funny
Now the home page of the Tesla website for the UK is showing the upgraded model 3, the new headlights are obvious. The order page is still the previous model.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231007-110320.png
    Screenshot_20231007-110320.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
I see some video reviews of the Highland are starting to appear. Rory did one for autotrader.
Is it me being cynical or does it appear that the location Tesla have chosen to hand out the press cars appears to be in rural France in the sort of location that does not have a roundabout within 100miles radius. Coincidence 🤔 ,
I believe France actually has more roundabouts than any other country on Earth so you have to go pretty rural to avoid them but it looks like Tesla may just have made the effort 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: LiamPope
I see some video reviews of the Highland are starting to appear. Rory did one for autotrader.
Is it me being cynical or does it appear that the location Tesla have chosen to hand out the press cars appears to be in rural France in the sort of location that does not have a roundabout within 100miles radius. Coincidence 🤔 ,
I believe France actually has more roundabouts than any other country on Earth so you have to go pretty rural to avoid them but it looks like Tesla may just have made the effort 🤣
lol so there's no front fogs at all... brilliant.

A quick google tells me they should have used Highway 85 in Saudi Arabia which is 510miles of straight road 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Jason71