TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

So a bird hit my hood pretty hard...

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ThreadAbort, Oct 5, 2015.

1. ThreadAbort

ThreadAbort Member

#1 ThreadAbort, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  2. cwave1

cwave1 Member

What was the cost of this? I'm assuming from your last picture that they painted the entire hood?

3. perkiset

perkiset ... this one goes to 11

"It's an EX-PARROT!"

LOL Sorry mate, a little Monty Python to hopefully lighten the mood.

4. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

IMHO painting is unnecessary. Aluminum hood means no corrosion. A little work from the underside and some touch up paint maybe to cover the scratch. Cost: $25 for touch up paint.

5. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

How's the bird?

6. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

Did the automatic emergency braking activate? :tongue:

Seems like the bird did not fare too well and sorry about your car :( Glad to hear it is all fixed! Did they do anything to "fill" the scratch or was it a straightforward repaint job? What was the cost?

7. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Aggravated suicide on the birds part is my guess. My commiserations!!

8. Drewflux

Drewflux Member

Based on the pics, look like the dent was pushed out from the underside of the panel. I still would have asked for a full bonnet paint, rather than a spot repair in this case.