Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I guess they have enough beta testers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, sorry to hear about the frustration. I was probably just lucky to start requesting early. I'd be livid too if I hadn't gotten in. But maybe they have limitations e.g. as to how many FSD-beta cars they can closely monitor. Let's hope they get this improved soon.

Well, unfortunately by default, you will have to wait until it's not "beta", and the usual caveat emptor applies in that when you paid for something that didn't exist at the time, without any indication of or promise of schedule, you implicitly agreed to wait an unspecified amount of time to receive what you paid for. You did not buy FSD beta, you bought FSD, and right now, that doesn't exist. Personally I think it's still going to be quite some time before FSD exists. I've felt that way since I bought the car and the only reason I bought FSD when I did was that it was a fire sale at a price that I felt was worth the risk of never actually receiving it (plus I felt like at the time I was helping to fund its development, almost on a goodwill basis).

So while you definitely have a valid complaint that you paid for FSD and still don't have it, unfortunately you and everyone else that bought it, bought something that may or may not exist for a long time.

Hit dislike on that because I'm pretty sure the website said coming soon, or coming next year, pending regulatory approval.

Would be nice if the website, marketing, or Elon said something along the lines of what you wrote though. I'm sure it would have saved many people from paying for it.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I guess what I'm saying is that you're going to ruin the enjoyment of your car trying to maintain a certain safety score, and then finally get FSD beta, and within a few days come to decide that the whole rigmarole wasn't worth it and barely, if ever, actually use FSD beta. Kind of like the experience with Summon. It sounded like so great a thing, and was a great party gimmick that people used a few times to show off to their friends, and then finally realized that it was practically useless in real world examples.

Of course your mileage may vary--maybe you will think that FSD beta is really cool and useful to you, but honestly, based on what I've experienced, it really wouldn't be worth what sounds like a frustrating experience in trying to comply with the Tesla safety rules. You will likely regret the months you've spent trying to drive "safely".
After watching many videos of it driving though San Francisco, including China town, I have a hard time believing a it’s that bad. I’m happy to pay extreme attention every second. That sounds exciting to me. With 10.9, every video is showing maybe 1 or 2 disengagement’s. I drive a lot. Especially freeways. I want it. I think I’ve shown I’m a competent driver.

You can’t merge onto freeways properly if there are any other cars without unsafe following. You can’t press the brake pedal.
Navigate on autopilot while you’re on the ramp BEFORE you hit 50 mph on the freeway.
AP use may be unrelated to admission to FSD, but I could see why Tesla would like people who were enthusiastic, extensive and experienced users of AP for FSD. SS does effectively reward use of NoA.

Navigate on autopilot while you’re on the ramp BEFORE you hit 50 mph on the freeway.
AP use may be unrelated to admission to FSD, but I could see why Tesla would like people who were enthusiastic, extensive and experienced users of AP for FSD. SS does effectively reward use of NoA.
about 50% of my 1500 miles are AP. ive gone full days without AP and days ive done 95% of a 200 miles drive on AP. I am careful to show that I use both effectively. and I use the "before you hit 50" thing, but normal AP is terrible at merging onto a freeway. It doesn't use a blinker to merge, and if I use the blinker it tries skipping the lane I'm entering. its bad.

Reactions: impastu
I would recommend talking to someone at Tesla because I think something is messed up.

But, I have no idea how one even talks to Tesla.

I'm in the FSD Beta and every email I send them about bugs or other issues gets ignored.

To those that ask why I expect to have an actual conversation with them? Because I'm a beta tester that's why. I do WORK for them so the least they could do is TALK TO ME.

To fix navigation issues like Apple does within days of reporting it.
Heck I can get my local county to fix a road easier than it is to get Tesla to stop telling me to go down the wrong road.

As to safety score driving - That was the worst. So glad that's over with.

In fact safety score driving should be the punishment for speeding. Not a single soul would speed after being put through that, but the UN might call it inhuman. :p

I would recommend talking to someone at Tesla because I think something is messed up.

But, I have no idea how one even talks to Tesla.

I'm in the FSD Beta and every email I send them about bugs or other issues gets ignored.

To those that ask why I expect to have an actual conversation with them? Because I'm a beta tester that's why. I do WORK for them so the least they could do is TALK TO ME.

To fix navigation issues like Apple does within days of reporting it.
Heck I can get my local county to fix a road easier than it is to get Tesla to stop telling me to go down the wrong road.
Yep. I’ve emailed. Zero response.

I love my car. I love the technology. I love the company (as much as someone can love a financial minded entity haha). My only honest complaint is the handling of this situation.

I have no regrets, just frustrated.

I love my car. I love the technology. I love the company (as much as someone can love a financial minded entity haha). My only honest complaint is the handling of this situation.

The worst part is I can't tell you it doesn't work because you're in Cali.

If you were anywhere else I could tell you FSD Beta was crappy.

But, from everything I've seen its no where near as crappy in Cali.

So you are missing out.

Maybe you should get together with other Tesla owners and go to Tesla to protest. Maybe not storm the factory, but a good ole protest. It would totally make the news.

Reactions: ContrarianDC
The worst part is I can't tell you it doesn't work because you're in Cali.

If you were anywhere else I could tell you FSD Beta was crappy.

But, from everything I've seen its no where near as crappy in Cali.

So you are missing out.

Maybe you should get together with other Tesla owners and go to Tesla to protest. Maybe not storm the factory, but a good ole protest. It would totally make the news.
I charge at the Fremont factory every few days lol. Maybe they don’t want people that close because they could storm the gates!

All I want is a reply to my email. 100k-freaking-miles on my Model X, with 50k on my Model S before that, and all I want is just the simple respect of a reply to my email for them to explain what's up.

Which begs another question... they replaced my cameras. If they have no intention of pushing out the software (because they're 'oversubscribed' on the beta or otherwise), then it seems like a pretty big waste of Tesla's resources to allocate cameras and service time on a project they won't follow through on.

There is a way to contact Tesla outside of the fsdbeta email. The following instructions are from a desktop browser.

Go to tesla.com/support. scroll all the way down and click the "Contact Us" button. It will ask you to log into your account. Once you do, you'll have to pick your category, skip the suggested articles, and you'll get a text area to type your issue.

This form has existed for years (it used to be much easier to find; it was under your car in your account). Their response time has varied widely. I have always gotten a response back, but sometimes it was a very long wait. Worth a shot.

There is a way to contact Tesla outside of the fsdbeta email. The following instructions are from a desktop browser.

Go to tesla.com/support. scroll all the way down and click the "Contact Us" button. It will ask you to log into your account. Once you do, you'll have to pick your category, skip the suggested articles, and you'll get a text area to type your issue.

This form has existed for years (it used to be much easier to find; it was under your car in your account). Their response time has varied widely. I have always gotten a response back, but sometimes it was a very long wait. Worth a shot.

Odd that you're getting that because I've always gotten the "chat with us"

I just did it, and its the same result where I can't type anything in the chat box because its outside of the 8:00am to 3pm PST M-F.

Used it as well. no response.

All I want is a reply to my email. 100k-freaking-miles on my Model X, with 50k on my Model S before that, and all I want is just the simple respect of a reply to my email for them to explain what's up.

Which begs another question... they replaced my cameras. If they have no intention of pushing out the software (because they're 'oversubscribed' on the beta or otherwise), then it seems like a pretty big waste of Tesla's resources to allocate cameras and service time on a project they won't follow through on.
Probably just got you ready for the public release or V11 single stack honestly...

Last edited:
Huh. Funny thing is: I've always heard people referring to an ability to live chat with a tesla rep, and I could never find it.

So if I understand this correct:

Following the instructions you posted using Chrome (or another browser) on a Computer you're able to leave a message with Tesla.

Where if I do the exact same thing it only allows me to Chat with them?

Today I did try chatting with them. It was about a 5 min wait, and I used the chat to report an issue I've been having with preconditioning starting as soon as I enter in a supercharger as the destination. The issue is the supercharge is around 100 miles away, and that's a lot of wasted energy. The person told me I should be using the in-car verbal bug report and I told him that has no feedback to let a person know if it goes anywhere.

I did argue a bit about the lack of any feedback mechanism, and that I actually have a huge list of bugs. But, I haven't been able to report them as there is no feedback mechanism.

I didn't get into the fact that this is my last Tesla because of this problem. I see no point in owning a Beta vehicle without being able to report issues with the beta in a way where they could be tracked. I'd prefer a bug tracker. It was funny timing as I just got an email from a different company confirming that a problem I was having with their product was indeed a bug like I insisted, and they were in the process of fixing it.

Why is this so important to me?

It's important because these days nothing works. Sure things work to a degree, and to what degree usually depends on the quality of the company.

Any company that lacks a lot of resources or tries to innovate quickly is going to inevitably lead to delivering buggy stuff to consumers. That's okay if the consumer has some power to push back and to tell the company "This isn't working"

Like in my bathroom I wanted the ability to have a fan automatically come on, and turn off 30 minutes or so later. Where it would do so based on motion detection between certain hours. Those hours being the time when I take a shower as I'm apparently too big of an idiot to turn the fan on before showering.

I already had some Brilliant Tech controllers in some of my rooms which I like so I opted for the Smart Dimmer. But, the motion sensing stopped working as soon as I updated the firmware.

This took a lot of back and forth exchanges with Brilliant support to get straightened out, and I ended up buying another one to see if it was the firmware or an issue with the one. I'm going to replace all my Bathroom fan switches with them as I think they're kinda neat.

Reactions: pilotSteve
So if I understand this correct:

Following the instructions you posted using Chrome (or another browser) on a Computer you're able to leave a message with Tesla.

Where if I do the exact same thing it only allows me to Chat with them?

Today I did try chatting with them. It was about a 5 min wait, and I used the chat to report an issue I've been having with preconditioning starting as soon as I enter in a supercharger as the destination. The issue is the supercharge is around 100 miles away, and that's a lot of wasted energy. The person told me I should be using the in-car verbal bug report and I told him that has no feedback to let a person know if it goes anywhere.

I did argue a bit about the lack of any feedback mechanism, and that I actually have a huge list of bugs. But, I haven't been able to report them as there is no feedback mechanism.

I didn't get into the fact that this is my last Tesla because of this problem. I see no point in owning a Beta vehicle without being able to report issues with the beta in a way where they could be tracked. I'd prefer a bug tracker. It was funny timing as I just got an email from a different company confirming that a problem I was having with their product was indeed a bug like I insisted, and they were in the process of fixing it.

Why is this so important to me?

It's important because these days nothing works. Sure things work to a degree, and to what degree usually depends on the quality of the company.

Any company that lacks a lot of resources or tries to innovate quickly is going to inevitably lead to delivering buggy stuff to consumers. That's okay if the consumer has some power to push back and to tell the company "This isn't working"

Like in my bathroom I wanted the ability to have a fan automatically come on, and turn off 30 minutes or so later. Where it would do so based on motion detection between certain hours. Those hours being the time when I take a shower as I'm apparently too big of an idiot to turn the fan on before showering.

I already had some Brilliant Tech controllers in some of my rooms which I like so I opted for the Smart Dimmer. But, the motion sensing stopped working as soon as I updated the firmware.

This took a lot of back and forth exchanges with Brilliant support to get straightened out, and I ended up buying another one to see if it was the firmware or an issue with the one. I'm going to replace all my Bathroom fan switches with them as I think they're kinda neat.

I think I'm a one off issue. I can't chat anywhere. it's like somewhere on my account, there's an internal toggle: IsChatEnabled = false.

IoT in general needs a lot of work. Just pairing, resetting, repairing devices can be a nightmare. I can't imagine a non-techy person being able to successfully run anything. That whole industry needs better standards adoption, and better UX for operation.

There was once a time where Tesla customer service was above and beyond. Then Model 3 happened. I really really hope that they soon invest in customer service and get it back to the golden days. Their financials these days leave them with little excuse IMO.