Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So much Tesla hate now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of good reasons to be upset with Elon, but it is quite striking how the media narrative has shifted. I’ve noticed a real uptick in blatant anti-Tesla-ism. The following story is a good example. The basic story is certainly newsworthy to those of us living in SoCal, but the ridiculous constant references to this jerk being a Tesla driver is ridiculous. It’s totally irrelevant to the story.

our world is a lie. step out of line and the system comes for you. In reference to why our media is now attacking Tesla. why Tesla owners are being attacked? Many do seem like they could be I AM SAVING THE WORLD AND YOU ARE DESTOYING it types.

I had to look these up because I’m not on Twitter and you don’t post links.

He didn’t call the mass shooting a psyops he said the story around the shooter (being a Mexican American white suprematist that posted a bunch of stuff on some random Russian social media site) is either the weirdest story ever or a psyop by bellingcat.

You’d have more credibility if you told the truth or at least represented what happened accurately. And honestly, what “consequences” should he face? He thinks the explanation sounds fishy… so what? It does sound a little fishy honestly but stranger things have happened.

I can’t find the other tweet via web search. Promoting a poll (made by someone else) that you don’t like seems like a rather vague accusation. If you want to post the actual tweet I can comment but it’s really not the point of this thread. Some Rednecks used to hate Tesla, now some Social Justice Warriors do too. Who gives a fu$k?

Listen you can re-mash a potato all you want but it will still be mashed potato’s in the end..

31D0D40D-A322-4B9E-8E37-48DF2EC7CFE6.jpeg
C542485B-E44C-4CBA-9B31-BA63AAEADD6B.jpeg
D506A119-FF50-417A-B4D0-11F04080588D.jpeg

Listen you can re-mash a potato all you want but it will still be mashed potato’s in the end..
Translation: “oh sh*t someone actually looked up the tweets I was posting about and Elon didn’t say what I said he did”

Like I said… must punish the heretic. He has spoken out against the excesses of the current religion and must be denounced by order of the high sparrow. 😂

You have to follow the laws of the country otherwise you’d be sued or merely shut down access.
The part that will be different (hopefully) is that Twitter will make the government request public.

That would be utterly impractical, as all technology companies get hundreds if not thousands of LE/CALEA requests daily.
This whole Elon posturing about "free speech" is just another meaningless publicity stunt. It gets him clicks and attention, so that much it strokes his ego.
In the meantime, Elon now sensors whatever speech he doesn't like personally, for whatever whimsical reason, instead of relying on standardized policies of his predecessors. Big surprise, I know:

Boo-hooo, BFD.
:rolleyes:

So, now Twitter is on the trajectory to become the next MySpace.
Who cares. There will 2 more to replace it.
🥱

Reactions: qdeathstar
That's especially interesting considering Tesla is also a US based automotive manufacturer. Granted, not one of the "big three" - but it's really just the "big two" since Chrysler was hoovered up by FCA and who was in turn hoovered up by Stellantis (which also owns Nissan among other brands). So from my perspective, Tesla is simply making it the "big three" again - by displacing Chrysler as the new kid on the block but with a much brighter future than any other US based manufacturer in comparison.

Stellantis doesn't own Nissan. Stellantis was formed after PSA "merged with" FCA, which was formed when Fiat bought Chrysler.
PSA, which had Peugeot and Citroen, had purchased Opel/Vauxhall from GM before the FCA merger.

Nissan is in the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance.

That would be utterly impractical, as all technology companies get hundreds if not thousands of LE/CALEA requests daily.
This whole Elon posturing about "free speech" is just another meaningless publicity stunt. It gets him clicks and attention, so that much it strokes his ego.
In the meantime, Elon now sensors whatever speech he doesn't like personally, for whatever whimsical reason, instead of relying on standardized policies of his predecessors. Big surprise, I know:

Boo-hooo, BFD.
:rolleyes:

So, now Twitter is on the trajectory to become the next MySpace.
Who cares. There will 2 more to replace it.
🥱
All twitter would need to do is update the tweet to show only the government request. Kind of like a community note but just blur out the original tweet.

And if that gets reversed in court, flip the tweet back to the original.

Lots of good reasons to be upset with Elon, but it is quite striking how the media narrative has shifted. I’ve noticed a real uptick in blatant anti-Tesla-ism. The following story is a good example. The basic story is certainly newsworthy to those of us living in SoCal, but the ridiculous constant references to this jerk being a Tesla driver is ridiculous. It’s totally irrelevant to the story.

It said that a woman honked him because he was slow to merge....so we know he’s a Beta tester

All twitter would need to do is update the tweet to show only the government request. Kind of like a community note but just blur out the original tweet.

And if that gets reversed in court, flip the tweet back to the original.
This is naive. People have universally have unalienable rights beyond whatever a “government” wants to say. Just because they were born in a country that doesn’t have respect for freedom of speech and information (eg liberty) doesn’t mean they don’t have those rights.

Shutting down Twitter or Facebook or Instagram for an entire country puts more pressure on the government than a blurb about how a tweet was taken down.

Now, I know that Twitter isn’t the only feckless social media company but their CEOs didn’t go on a stupid rant about being a “full speech absolutist” when trying to justify unbanning racist people and allowing racist memes and misinformation on his platform.

• Disagree
Reactions: SO16 and afadeev
This is naive. People have universally have unalienable rights beyond whatever a “government” wants to say. Just because they were born in a country that doesn’t have respect for freedom of speech and information (eg liberty) doesn’t mean they don’t have those rights.

Shutting down Twitter or Facebook or Instagram for an entire country puts more pressure on the government than a blurb about how a tweet was taken down.

Now, I know that Twitter isn’t the only feckless social media company but their CEOs didn’t go on a stupid rant about being a “full speech absolutist” when trying to justify unbanning racist people and allowing racist memes and misinformation on his platform.
Supposedly putting “pressure” while being inaccessible for 2 years is more much more naive. The govt lost in the courts regardless of outside pressure. And not being accessible at all for 2 years is not a “win” during that time.

I agree with that but still a big gamble to take. And that’s assuming it would be the same amount of time and outcome of going to court. Could be better or worse.
For some reason you keep bringing up the courts. For some reason I don’t trust courts in Turkey, China, or Russia (for exampl) to make decisions based on preserving human rights….

Status
Not open for further replies.