Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So much Tesla hate now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt it when I first got my M3 but it was mostly in stop and go traffic. My braking skills were pretty ass at the time since I wasn’t used to one-pedal driving.

Exhibit A: out of habit, id fully release the accelerator expecting to coast and bleed 5mph in speed, and then remember that… doing that = slamming the brakes.

And so drivers would see that and promtly speed past me while giving the bird. Took a few days to nail that down.

I was also probably that idiot on the freeway who pressed the brakes every 2 seconds. Not intentional but I was still getting used to one-pedal driving, any trimming of speed probably set off my brake lights. Small speed adjustments took months for me to nail down (as in, get it as smooth as coasting in my old ICE car). Either way, that would explain a lot of the “hate” against my Tesla.

Nowadays I don’t really notice anything. Then again Im now very comfortable with regen braking.

Tldr: I think a lot of it was my fault, mostly due to me adjusting to the car’s braking dynamics.

I was just curious if others driving Tesla’s experience an increased amount of haters on the road because I have. I get ppl shaking their heads, shaking their fists at me, to trying to race me, cut me off and/or run me off the road. Feel I need to mention the area I live In. Southeastern Michigan where we’re home to the big 3 automakers still and there seems to still be a high resistance to electric vehicles in general. Thanks for your thoughts!

• Informative
Reactions: Soul Surfer
I was just curious if others driving Tesla’s experience an increased amount of haters on the road because I have. I get ppl shaking their heads, shaking their fists at me, to trying to race me, cut me off and/or run me off the road. Feel I need to mention the area I live In. Southeastern Michigan where we’re home to the big 3 automakers still and there seems to still be a high resistance to electric vehicles in general. Thanks for your thoughts!
It is interesting that you mention this, as ALL the “big” manufacturers, are going EV. In the next few years, they will all be driving Lightenings, Hummer EV’s and Silverado EV’s. Ironic, isn’t it?

Very! Already seeing them slowly trickle out in the area I live it. It’s coming, it’s here actually and it’s not going anywhere! Michigan still blocks Tesla btw from having dealerships. We have one service center I think ( nearby thankfully) where your car can be delivered to for pickup (if it’s fully paid already). How do you like that legislation?! I had to drive over 4 hrs to pick up my used model 3!

That's especially interesting considering Tesla is also a US based automotive manufacturer. Granted, not one of the "big three" - but it's really just the "big two" since Chrysler was hoovered up by FCA and who was in turn hoovered up by Stellantis (which also owns Nissan among other brands). So from my perspective, Tesla is simply making it the "big three" again - by displacing Chrysler as the new kid on the block but with a much brighter future than any other US based manufacturer in comparison.

• Disagree
Reactions: cwerdna
Calling a mass shooting psyops will do that. It is time to move on from Musk….

From my perspective (which admittedly is likely not the mainstream), Musk has openly admitted he is neurodiverse (Asperger's/ASD). He is not neurotypical in other words. Yet, he went and bought, of all things, a social media company. Neurodiversity is admittedly more common in engineering companies/roles, such as Tesla and SpaceX, but it's not that common in social media companies in comparison. I am also admittedly neurodiverse, so when this happened, personally I saw all kinds of red flags. Neurodiverse people don't think or act like neurotypical people (unless they are masking of course). Musk buying a social media company, where the vast majority of users and consumers are neurotypicals, and then attempting to lead said social media company, using fundamentally neurodiverse perspectives, meaning that his decisions are rationalized and executed using neurodiverse thought processes. This isn't going to result in success managing any social media company when 99% of your customers are neurotypicals that you really don't understand nor identify with. The fact that Twitter is struggling now - isn't at all surprising to me with all of this in mind. As long as Musk is at the helm, given who he really is, Twitter is not going to flourish IMHO. He needs to find someone neurotypical to lead Twitter sooner rather than later - someone that really understands and thinks similarly to 99% of the customer base.

How does this relate to the thread topic? The Tesla hate is, IMHO, mostly due to Musk exposing his neurodiverse perspectives much more prominently since acquiring Twitter - and badly at that given Twitter is inherently tone deaf in many respects. This has resulted in neurotypicals, who have great difficulty understanding neurodiverse individuals, making judgments about Musk that, unfortunately for better or worse (mostly worse), negatively affect his other companies - Tesla and SpaceX. SpaceX to a lesser extent since we don't see rockets on the road next to us every day - but we sure do see Tesla vehicles on the road every day in comparison - and whether Musk realizes it or not - he is harming his brand via his Twitter acquisition. Until he gives up his Twitter habit, I see these issues getting worse, not better. The other choice Musk could make, is to step down as CEO of Tesla, and focus on Twitter of course, perhaps becoming Chairman at Tesla, or something similar. That said, I think this would not be the best decision on his part - given his social deficits - I think he'd be much better off dumping Twitter altogether, or appointing a new Twitter CEO now, and stepping away from Twitter, and returning to focus on Tesla/SpaceX, where his predilection toward engineering expertise is much more likely deliver successful outcomes over time. Just my two cents of course.

From my perspective (which admittedly is likely not the mainstream), Musk has openly admitted he is neurodiverse (Asperger's/ASD). He is not neurotypical in other words. Yet, he went and bought, of all things, a social media company. Neurodiversity is admittedly more common in engineering companies/roles, such as Tesla and SpaceX, but it's not that common in social media companies in comparison. I am also admittedly neurodiverse, so when this happened, personally I saw all kinds of red flags. Neurodiverse people don't think or act like neurotypical people (unless they are masking of course). Musk buying a social media company, where the vast majority of users and consumers are neurotypicals, and then attempting to lead said social media company, using fundamentally neurodiverse perspectives, meaning that his decisions are rationalized and executed using neurodiverse thought processes. This isn't going to result in success managing any social media company when 99% of your customers are neurotypicals that you really don't understand nor identify with. The fact that Twitter is struggling now - isn't at all surprising to me with all of this in mind. As long as Musk is at the helm, given who he really is, Twitter is not going to flourish IMHO. He needs to find someone neurotypical to lead Twitter sooner rather than later - someone that really understands and thinks similarly to 99% of the customer base.

How does this relate to the thread topic? The Tesla hate is, IMHO, mostly due to Musk exposing his neurodiverse perspectives much more prominently since acquiring Twitter - and badly at that given Twitter is inherently tone deaf in many respects. This has resulted in neurotypicals, who have great difficulty understanding neurodiverse individuals, making judgments about Musk that, unfortunately for better or worse (mostly worse), negatively affect his other companies - Tesla and SpaceX. SpaceX to a lesser extent since we don't see rockets on the road next to us every day - but we sure do see Tesla vehicles on the road every day in comparison - and whether Musk realizes it or not - he is harming his brand via his Twitter acquisition. Until he gives up his Twitter habit, I see these issues getting worse, not better. The other choice Musk could make, is to step down as CEO of Tesla, and focus on Twitter of course, perhaps becoming Chairman at Tesla, or something similar. That said, I think this would not be the best decision on his part - given his social deficits - I think he'd be much better off dumping Twitter altogether, or appointing a new Twitter CEO now, and stepping away from Twitter, and returning to focus on Tesla/SpaceX, where his predilection toward engineering expertise is much more likely deliver successful outcomes over time. Just my two cents of course.
Being neurodiverse doesn’t mean becoming a neocon with the mouth of Alex jones types. Or if it does, why let him run a company.

Being neurodiverse doesn’t mean becoming a neocon with the mouth of Alex jones types. Or if it does, why let him run a company.
People are entitled to their political views whether we agree or disagree with said views IMHO. In any case, this is a timely announcement:

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
People are entitled to their political views whether we agree or disagree with said views IMHO. In any case, this is a timely announcement:

They are entitled, but they are also entitled to the consequences, and Musk deserves consequences.

Lots of good reasons to be upset with Elon, but it is quite striking how the media narrative has shifted. I’ve noticed a real uptick in blatant anti-Tesla-ism. The following story is a good example. The basic story is certainly newsworthy to those of us living in SoCal, but the ridiculous constant references to this jerk being a Tesla driver is ridiculous. It’s totally irrelevant to the story.

It’s like Googling, “Florida man” and any date…

No Tesla hate where I live mostly just people saying “nice ride” and my kids elementary school classmates thinking I’m a millionaire because I drive a model 3 with rims. 😆

I hear a few of my lefty friends complaining about Elon lately but when I ask what he has done wrong specifically I just get vague answers about mean tweets.

This is a big country with all kinds of people. If you go on the Internet looking for a particular boogeyman I’m sure you can find examples… but most people could care less.

I had to look these up because I’m not on Twitter and you don’t post links.

He didn’t call the mass shooting a psyops he said the story around the shooter (being a Mexican American white suprematist that posted a bunch of stuff on some random Russian social media site) is either the weirdest story ever or a psyop by bellingcat.

You’d have more credibility if you told the truth or at least represented what happened accurately. And honestly, what “consequences” should he face? He thinks the explanation sounds fishy… so what? It does sound a little fishy honestly but stranger things have happened.

I can’t find the other tweet via web search. Promoting a poll (made by someone else) that you don’t like seems like a rather vague accusation. If you want to post the actual tweet I can comment but it’s really not the point of this thread. Some Rednecks used to hate Tesla, now some Social Justice Warriors do too. Who gives a fu$k?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Status
Not open for further replies.