Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So much Tesla hate now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Android owners hating on the iPhone without ever using one, assuming we're all price-gouged sheep all under the spell of Steve Jobs.
Its true šŸ˜‚ jk jk
I used iPhone for 2min n couldn't handle the fact u can't move icons wherever u want if ur screen is not full n u can't punch name on dial pad to have it find a number... that's just basic feature for a smartphone.. so no thank u. And price of course lol
They do make great premium devices with fluid operating system tho.
/end hijack thread.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Hi, i've been driving my model 3 since Jan 2021, and I don't know if its just me, but it seems lately a lot of trucks and pickups, while on the highway, purposefully drive right to (or over) the road line getting really close to my car as I drive by.

I don't know if im just hyper aware of how bad drivers are, and so Im noticing this more than normal, or if there is an anti-tesla bias where trucks, big rigs and pick up trucks try to intimidate tesla drivers by driving at, or over the road lines.

Anyone have some insight on this?

Itā€™s certainly possible, itā€™s also certainly possible that people are just bad drivers and because you have the idea of anti-Tesla bias in your head you are attributing it to that when it isnā€™t. Iā€™ve seen videos of it on YouTube so Iā€™m sure it happens but Iā€™ve not personally experienced anything overt in my 3 years of ownership.

What I have seen, in the last couple years, is a clear increase in general disrespect for the law and other people across many facets of life. My guess is that it has more to do with that than anything but I can only speculate.

Why do you think people are more aggressive towards Tesla owners?
Are you saying this is a political motivation such as left against, right?
I just got my Tesla so I have not driven much on the highway yet, but I am tomorrow...

Why do you think people are more aggressive towards Tesla owners?
Are you saying this is a political motivation such as left against, right?
I just got my Tesla so I have not driven much on the highway yet, but I am tomorrow...
Not sure if they are. Im just seeing if others are having similar experiences or not. Im not sure if its my brain playing tricks on me like seeing 11:11 on the clock, or when you see a white car, you start noticing all the white cars around you...

It goes both ways.
Many Tesla/EV owners look down on the ICE cars and drivers and they express this attitude via social media platforms and/or license plates, etc., so the other side gets offended and hates Tesla/EVs.
driving an ICE vehicle, i've never had the urge to intimidate other car makes or models. You may associate a type of driver by the car they drive, but its another kind of person to effectively bully others for the kind of car they drive.

I've definitely had multiple instances of big trucks driving aggressively near me. I think one part of it is just a display of power. Not so much "anti EV", just more like "I'm bigger and faster than you"... until they realize there's about a zero percent chance of keeping up.

It was more fun in the earlier days...the pull I would have on them was obscene. Especially from stops šŸ˜ I rarely get encounters these days as everyone has a Tesla so no one really gets picked on around here as Teslas are the "silent" majority ;)

Reactions: LadyOnikara
It was more fun in the earlier days...the pull I would have on them was obscene. Especially from stops šŸ˜ I rarely get encounters these days as everyone has a Tesla so no one really gets picked on around here as Teslas are the "silent" majority ;)

For some of us, Tesla is still a somewhat rare vehicle . Obviously not SoCal. I see plenty of them around, but there are also still plenty of people that are entirely unfamiliar with the ins and outs of a Tesla (acceleration, single pedal, charging and the Supercharger network, etc).

I hope that at least some of the big trucks I've dusted ended up with a desire to trade them in for an EV.

Prove it - find one other report of an anonymous psycho attacking cars with a pipe, and see how the reporters describe that person.
Easy šŸ‘€

Iā€™m actually pretty indifferent to this argument, but when I see someone make some b*@ch-ass ā€œprove itā€ comment that can be disproven in 30 seconds of googling, it hard not to bite šŸ˜˜

• Funny
Reactions: euro.r
Iā€™m noticing people driving poorly in general. Speeding, no respect for the rules, aggressive and discourteous. I drive a Porsche, RAV4, Harley and a MSP. I donā€™t see a difference when driving my Tesla compared to the others. I will say I notice some Tesla drivers guilty of aggressive speeding, which just might bring on more negative reactions from the ice cars?

Reactions: LadyOnikara
Status
Not open for further replies.