Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So...who's buying the "enhanced anti-theft" accessory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s no longer a 12v supply - at least that was what I found when I installed my blackvue (with the alarm sensors installed). I ended up running the power for my blackvue back to the rear tailgate opener supply. There are a few threads somewhere on TMC about people installing blackvue’s in Europe, and where they pickup the 12v supply from.
Another way. Dashcam Power Cable | TeslaTap

I just picked up my car with the new security system. It adds a selection in the safety and security section to enable/disable intrusion detection (I forget the exact name), and if you have the new thing enabled, it disables high temperature protection in the car.

The stickers were placed on the driver's windows right above the handles.

I will take some pics and post the screen and what it looks like.

Do you see how fast they usually break into the cars?
I highly doubt any additional security will do anything.
If anything, it will tell the thief to work faster.

I was honestly considering it, until i saw some of the dash cam photo's of them doing it.

There not there to steal your MCU.
They take what bags they see, and then pop the rear seats to get anything they can grab.

If anything i would like a way to lock the rear seats from folding down as that would probably secure your trunk better then a alarm.

I just picked up my car with the new security system. It adds a selection in the safety and security section to enable/disable intrusion detection (I forget the exact name), and if you have the new thing enabled, it disables high temperature protection in the car.

The stickers were placed on the driver's windows right above the handles.

I will take some pics and post the screen and what it looks like.
How long did it take from when you ordered until it was at the service center? Did the service center call you to let you know the part had arrived, or did Tesla's online orders send you an email when it was shipped to the service center?

The latest Model S Manual (12/17/2018)
now mentions the enhanced anti-theft upgrade on page 136.

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf

Interesting...
Note: The Intrusion Sensor automatically disables in situations where the climate control system is operating when you have left your vehicle (see Keep Climate On on page 120). To override, turn it on again after choosing Keep Climate On.”

18206D71-3250-42AA-9227-C5147EE68660.png

Ordered it from Tesla Online 1/11
Arrived at Tesla Service Center 1/15

Now I have to wait almost 3 weeks (2/4) before I can get it installed... Talked to Tesla and they said it has to be installed at service center and can’t be done via mobile tech.

Does anyone have any experience with mobile install vs service center?

Seems like it’s an easy plug and play install as well, but service rep said they need to update the s/w and do calibration?

Now I have to wait almost 3 weeks (2/4) before I can get it installed... Talked to Tesla and they said it has to be installed at service center and can’t be done via mobile tech.

Seems like it’s an easy plug and play install as well, but service rep said they need to update the s/w and do calibration?
Great news!
Thanks for the info!
I also ordered it on 1/11/19.
I happen to have an appointment on 1/22/19 for a new windshield & a few other small issues.
The SC said they could install it during that appointment if it was in by then.
Odds of it being there just went up!

I personally do not think it stops thieves, nothing will stop thieves, nada. I only see it as a retrofit for something that is standard with most cars. Hatchback is an invite for break-ins, I tossed the parcel shelf and even placed a white carpet in the trunk to minimize the chance of break and peek.

Someone claimed it was done via mobile service, I don't see why not. Not sure what kind of calibration that requires service center installation, I did receive multiple alarm messages to my iPhone when they were working on it at the service center. No advance warning but received email explaining it was due to calibration of the sensor.

Make sure you check the windows to see decals were applied, I went home without checking and had to go back another day to get them applied. I know, the decals will not stop thieves either, just that they are supposed to be included and you should expect it applied.

I personally do not think it stops thieves, nothing will stop thieves, nada. I only see it as a retrofit for something that is standard with most cars. Hatchback is an invite for break-ins, I tossed the parcel shelf and even placed a white carpet in the trunk to minimize the chance of break and peek.

Someone claimed it was done via mobile service, I don't see why not. Not sure what kind of calibration that requires service center installation, I did receive multiple alarm messages to my iPhone when they were working on it at the service center. No advance warning but received email explaining it was due to calibration of the sensor.

Make sure you check the windows to see decals were applied, I went home without checking and had to go back another day to get them applied. I know, the decals will not stop thieves either, just that they are supposed to be included and you should expect it applied.

I didn’t buy this as a way to prevent break ins - I bought it to receive notification if and when some jacka$$ decides to break my windows...

My windows are tinted 5% all around so it’s not like a thief could make any decision and judgement if I have any valuable items, I also have 2 child seats in the back so if and when my windows gets broken they won’t be able to lower the rear seats anyways, but at the very least I’ll know when it happens to return back to my car ASAP.

I also doubt the window decals will do any good, but thanks for calling that out...

I stumbled across this little tidbit a while back, and was wondering if it had anything to do with this new option:

View attachment 369874
I haven't had mine installed yet, but from what I've seen on the forums you can either have Cabin Overheat Protection enabled OR the Tilt/Intrusion alarm enabled (which seems really stupid that you can't use both simultaneously).

Did you ever get a shipping confirmation email from the Tesla Online Store or just an order confirmation?

I haven't had mine installed yet, but from what I've seen on the forums you can either have Cabin Overheat Protection enabled OR the Tilt/Intrusion alarm enabled (which seems really stupid that you can't use both simultaneously).

I agree. As it was mentioned earlier in this thread, the purpose of Cabin Overheat Protection is in case someone forgets a child or animal in their vehicle. I would think being able to enable the Tilt/Intrusion Alarm as well would make it even safer. This way if someone is stupid enough to leave their child or animal in the vehicle in a hot climate, the alarm could potentially go off first which the owner might hear (or at least someone near by) in addition to the Cabin Overheat Protection become another safety layer. That being said, I'm assuming it's implemented the way it is such that if there's loose material laying around (i.e. paper) and the AC kicks on, the intrusion alarm won't be triggered if stuff is moving around.

Does anyone know what type of motion sensor is used? Is it a passive infrared sensor (PIR) like in home alarm systems?

Hey @Daniellane how did you manage to feed power to your IRO camera after this install?
I removed the IRO camera before the install because I was getting a new windshield at the same time. However I can’t imagine that it’s using that connector since it’s not on during periods of time when the car is off.
As I understand it they replace the entire grill in front of the mirror that’s on the headliner where the microphone is.
So I imagine the sensor is connected to the power in that area. For those who are using the power for constant feed from that area it may be an issue. I am not.
I don’t have the car back yet though so I’ll find out when I pick up the car later today with any luck.