Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just another buying opportunity here. Longs like myself absolutely LOVE days like these. But for those interested in charts, see attached fibonacci retracement. the 78.6% resistance level coincides with the 200 ema on the weekly chart as well. I'm looking for $162 to be the absolute lowest potential buying opportunity.

fibretrace.png

Last edited:
Well, barring some miracle later this year, my TSLA investment is a complete loss. I had taken the rolling LEAPS plan, buying J15 $300's a while ago when TSLA had dropped down, averaging purchases around when it was $220 overall. While I thought TSLA might drop some from $220 and hitting $200 on little news didn't overly scare me, this massive drop after a good Q1 wasn't something I had envisioned at all. I bought a few times on the way down and I'm out of money to leverage down.

In pre-market, we're back below the old ATH we had before last year's crash.

FWIW, my plan has appeared to work so far. I just sold some very ITM puts for 200% gain. The proceeds from this have almost perfectly offset the loss in my calls and J15's. It's not ideal, but I'm happy with how I've managed the damage so far and I now have cash on hand. What to do with it though...

Bears have gotten themselves in a real knot with speculating weak demand, which of course is nonsense par excellence. Most likely the rush of Norwegian deliveries at the end of March were on top of guidance. Tesla would not have risked including those in the 6400 guided that close to the quarterly deadline, especially considering they were reportedly dragging in staff from all over to help perform the deliveries.

Since many hundreds (or was it over 1,000) of last minute deliveries to Norway at quarter end proved to in fact be what saved Tesla from a disastrous quarter, do you feel different about your comment above?

So this drop obviously sucks and there's no reason for it (not even a bad reason for it), but I have to say I'm a lot more fine with it than the last one(s). The stock is still extremely high compared to all my entry points, all my non-speculative plays are still doing fine, and I managed to sell enough to cover most of my debit at the top (and since have gone into a little more debit on the way down :p). I'd like to see a 10% recovery or so in the next 2 weeks, but if that doesn't happen then I'm still not out all that much.

Now I need to decide if/when I want to become a buyer again, and it's looking pretty attractive right now, but I would have to use margin to do so. Either way, I've got a ton of margin left, and shouldn't have to worry about a call unless we have another 50% drop or something.

Also, this ER, just like Q3's, was very positive, and the call was phenomenal. Everyone just seems to be reacting to the headlines, and to the stock price, rather than what was actually announced. So I feel like this is another temporary drop with no good reasons behind it, just like q3 was, only this time we hopefully won't have months of the entire mass media trying as hard as they can to make the drop seem justified by making something out of nothing.

Unfortunately I don't see analysts upgrading their PTs, because most of their PTs are already set fairly appropriately, but maybe one of the few remaining loser analysts might get it together and give a real PT with a real research report for once, kind of like Goldman finally got around to doing last time around. I also don't see anyone downgrading, because there's simply no bad news and plenty of good news.