Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any thoughts on my situation while I can still trade?

I've got Puts that are up nearly 80%, in fact, they are worth several times what my June Calls are (Down 90%). I'm really, really debating just selling them now and avoiding whatever comes after 16:00. At least this way, I'm limiting the amount of money on the table, although I'm unhedged.

With the impending IV collapse and the fact that most of my calls have disintegrated, this is a nice chunk of cash to have back in my pocket.

Anyone have any thoughts on my situation while I can still trade?

I've got Puts that are up nearly 80%, in fact, they are worth several times what my June Calls are (Down 90%). I'm really, really debating just selling them now and avoiding whatever comes after 16:00. At least this way, I'm limiting the amount of money on the table, although I'm unhedged.

With the impending IV collapse and the fact that most of my calls have disintegrated, this is a nice chunk of cash to have back in my pocket.

It might make you feel better that most days before earnings are heavily down days. If I were to play it safe I'd sell some puts and wait it out if I believed that this report was going to be good.

It might make you feel better that most days before earnings are heavily down days. If I were to play it safe I'd sell some puts and wait it out if I believed that this report was going to be good.

Thanks Cwin. I guess I'm mostly coming to terms with the fact that if the report is bad, I might win some with the Puts, but the IV crush will hinder those gains and losing the last 10% of my Calls at this point is peanuts. If the report is good (and the market reacts as we think it should) I'm already set up for a slow recovery via LEAPS.

Thanks Cwin. I guess I'm mostly coming to terms with the fact that if the report is bad, I might win some with the Puts, but the IV crush will hinder those gains and losing the last 10% of my Calls at this point is peanuts. If the report is good (and the market reacts as we think it should) I'm already set up for a slow recovery via LEAPS.

I'm kind of in the same spot. I don't have any calls, but I've got puts that I'm really trying to convince myself that I shouldn't sell right now. It's play money, but they've gone up 100%.

I've got a bunch of Jan 2015 $300 LEAPS (are they even LEAPS at this point?) that I bought when the stock was around $220. I'm mostly hoping the ER gets those to get near break even soon so I can roll those out to 2016.

I've got a bunch of Jan 2015 $300 LEAPS (are they even LEAPS at this point?) that I bought when the stock was around $220. I'm mostly hoping the ER gets those to get near break even soon so I can roll those out to 2016.

I bought the same ones when the stock was ~$250. Actually, I rolled some $155's into those. D'oh.

Holding the Puts. It's a pricey insurance policy, and I hope I don't need to use it.

Well I still have 10 contracts of Jan '15 $400 LEAPs... But I've figured they are so far OOM that it can't get much worse even if there's a selloff of 10-20$ so I'm holding onto them over the ER. If it's a positive surprise they'll bounce faster than other stuff I have so might provide a nice increase. If it's a crapshoot, then I'll liquidate them tomorrow and move it either to stock or to lower strike LEAPs.

I am feeling the way others on the board are, i'm bullish regarding the ER but I have no idea how the market will respond. I sold some calls a couple of days ago and those are doing good, I just used some of that money to buy some puts. First time I've done this but I feel it's house money and I feel better having a bit of short term insurance. I am holding my core position of shares.