Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone -- I'm a USC student looking to do a short interview with a Tesla owner in Southern California. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I would ask you about your Tesla and what you think the future of electric cars is in Southern California. Also, I can't seem to post this as a new post, so if anyone could help me with that too that would be great! Thanks -- Sean

No 2014 guidance, everything else is exactly as expected, no blowout. There is indication that GM might exceed 25% if favorable options selections continue. There is also raise to 21.5k deliveries and expected 6k cars in Q4. I have to say it's not blowout and that's maybe what the market expected. I guess what we need now is to listen to the actual CC so that we'll hear Elon's take on things that may move the stock one way or the other. The drop right now is on the meh report to not even the lows we saw past weeks.

Wow, I'll let others hear explain this drop to me. Quickly reading but so far looks about what we expected?

A beat, but maybe not as much as people had inflated their hopes to. Also no guidance for next year... a lot of companies have been rated up or down recently more based on guidance than current figures. I think they intentionally held back guidance.

Biggest surprise I see in here is that Model X is being "accelerated". I'm not sure whether that means they intend to deliver it earlier or if that just means that they are picking up the pace in anticipation of delivering it on time. I want to hear clarification about that on the call.

I am sure that someone will ask though - while I am sure that it was entirely intentional that they did not include guidance in the letter, at least something more reassuring can be said, right? I have come to grips with a loss tomorrow, but come on, 10%?!

+1 yeah I was just referring to common. I am on tap for my biggest-ever loss, and even sadder it occurs with the numbers that I and many others were expecting. Oh well, won't be quitting my day job any time soon