Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like this thread becoming a lot less about "social chat" and more of the same stuff in the short term thread. Am I the only one who feels this way? Wonder if there is something we can do about this?

I feel like I'm possibly missing important stuff b/c it's getting posted only in the social thread which I don't always check as much as the short term thread.

I feel like this thread becoming a lot less about "social chat" and more of the same stuff in the short term thread. Am I the only one who feels this way? Wonder if there is something we can do about this?

I feel like I'm possibly missing important stuff b/c it's getting posted only in the social thread which I don't always check as much as the short term thread.

There was never really any point to this thread to begin with. People were complaining that there was too much talk about what trades people were making in the short-term thread, or celebratory posts when the stock moved a lot or something, so they spun off this thread and I'm pretty sure nobody knows what it's for. I think it's a waste of time personally and the threads should never have been split to begin with. But I just follow both of them now and respond to things wherever they come up.

As a general matter, the substantive posts should be elsewhere and this thread should be the "water cooler" chat.

I moved the posts re Morgan Stanley's new report to Analyst Reports/Targets

There was never really any point to this thread to begin with. People were complaining that there was too much talk about what trades people were making in the short-term thread, or celebratory posts when the stock moved a lot or something, so they spun off this thread and I'm pretty sure nobody knows what it's for. I think it's a waste of time personally and the threads should never have been split to begin with. But I just follow both of them now and respond to things wherever they come up.

Agree, this should be more like a general TSLA Social Chat and not necessarily specifically focused on short term movement because that's what the short term thread is for.

What happens to options if that happens? (serious question) :)
I own options on a stock, and it's just announced a split. What happens to my options?

- - - Updated - - -

OK guys I am suddenly super-bullish. I feel like we'll see $350 by late August. I expect the delivery report to be 7,100 vehicles and guidance to raised to 40,000 cars for the year. Don't worry, I'm not counting on it, but if it happens you heard it here first.
I was wrong on these other 2 things (post from 4-30) but maybe I'll get one of them. I have 3 weeks...

I had a private tour of the factory months and months ago, including the 2nd floor, and of course it was amazingly cool. BUT... the thing that shocked me was the very strong odor (probably VOCs?, volatile organic compounds) on the 2nd floor. Even in the huge cafeteria area upstairs. In fact it was so strong in that area I had to wonder how could anybody work here, let alone eat here, with this strong smell? Imagine melting plastic mixed with the smoke of solder iron mixed with general electrical/ozone smells, along with maybe some nasty epoxy or something, all rolled up into one. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt Tesla some day.