Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, it was my mistake; I didn't know that those with 5.8.8 could lower while in park. I just took the car out and it still does not allow lowering at any speed, even after 5 min of >65MPH :redface:

Ah. No harm, i just went and took out a new mortgage on my house and put it all in Mar14 $300 calls based on your post

Seriously though I didn't stick to my plan of sitting out today as the drop for no reason today seems too good a buying oportunity to pass up. Half my cash in today.

I have managed to unhedge most of my TSLA calls, and have not purchased any puts or protection. I am looking for a very big move up.

Either the shorts are getting crushed or I am: I put the odds at 70/30 respectively, and I will take my chance on those odds.

Go big or go home!

My plan changed today. I didn't expect TSLA to drop this much the day before but half the people I know sold shares in the last week as they don't want burned again. I think people are being fearful so I am being a little greedy.

Instead of hedging my June calls I decided to add a couple ATM March calls. I got hurt last quarter so here's to undoing last quarter. If I get hurt again there's always next quarter. Rinse wash repeat until I'm bankrupt or rich ;) I read about a similar strategy in "options as a strategic investment." :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm equally as scared I as I was Q1 2013.

That's good, right?

I have managed to unhedge most of my TSLA calls, and have not purchased any puts or protection. I am looking for a very big move up.

Either the shorts are getting crushed or I am: I put the odds at 70/30 respectively, and I will take my chance on those odds.

Go big or go home!

Well, i bought my first protective put today. I am going big but wNt to keep my home. :)

LOL well Johan, that did coincide with the LOD for the stock so far, so not a bad time to load up (I sure did). I share the sentiments echoed above, but in the end, I think 70/30 (up vs down) is about right. I am in heavy with calls (~400K), all bets placed. Fingers crossed. Champagne on ice.

Crazy! How deep are you in?

what strikes are you looking at sleepy?? Better odds that a hard six or hard eight!
cheers

I had a bunch of "covered" calls short for March from $210 to $260. Last week I moved almost all of the $210 - $230s to $240+. This week I started buying back those $240 - $260.

I bought back a bunch of $250 - $260's today.

So I am riding this ER for the most part unhedged. It better be good.

Go big or go home!

Haha. Love it!

I'm actually pretty relaxed. Just one month ago my portfolio was 50% of what it is today. If I go back to that level it won't change a thing. I'm actually more worried about missing a big move up :)