Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software reset and then dead

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had tried to do the latest software update a few times and errors kept happening. Called Tesla and they advised doing a reset.

did the reset and the screen goes blank and then nothing. I had the AC on max prior to doing the reset and the AC been running strong now for 12 hours but the car won’t do anything.

tried all resets and no luck. Just dead in the water…..

ADVICE: never do a software reset in a location that would be difficult to get towed from….my car was 45% charged and no other issues.

2020 model X ; 29k miles ; 1st problem

Reactions: impastu
Worse case. Disconnect the 12v battery for 5+ minutes.

Below via: Tesla | All Models | Hard Reset Procedures - Ohmmu Support

yGICcYl.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: impastu
Had tried to do the latest software update a few times and errors kept happening. Called Tesla and they advised doing a reset.

did the reset and the screen goes blank and then nothing. I had the AC on max prior to doing the reset and the AC been running strong now for 12 hours but the car won’t do anything.

tried all resets and no luck. Just dead in the water…..

ADVICE: never do a software reset in a location that would be difficult to get towed from….my car was 45% charged and no other issues.

2020 model X ; 29k miles ; 1st problem
I had the same thing last month and had to be towed they sd card was corrupted and needed a reformat ok since

I had the same thing last month and had to be towed they sd card was corrupted and needed a reformat ok since
Would this be the sd card that you plug in for the dash cam?Or is this something that Tesla has to replace on their end? I have been having the same exact issues as everyone else above. It started yesterday, and every time I tried to download the new software it fails and then the car does not turn on

Question for All,

Is this Micro SD card that has been failing in 2020 model X cars,
an addition to the EMMC that failed in earlier year cars???
Are they native in earlier MCU2 cars - 2018? 2019?

I have not searched extensively, so far I have only seen this failure on 2020 cars...

Thank You,

Shawn

Question for All,

Is this Micro SD card that has been failing in 2020 model X cars,
an addition to the EMMC that failed in earlier year cars???
Are they native in earlier MCU2 cars - 2018? 2019?

I have not searched extensively, so far I have only seen this failure on 2020 cars...

Thank You,

Shawn
Perhaps these could be helpful:
My comment re SD card failure, MCU1
Reply to another comment of mine re lack of info regarding what SD card and where
Surely it's posted somewhere. @verygreen must know, but I don't know where it's posted or if he has talked about this.