Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software stuck on 2021.3.104, but Tesla thinks I am on 2021.4. How can this be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does MiC mean?
My MY has been on 2021.3.104 since I bought it on July 22. Also shows 2021.4 as older in revision history.
Sorry, I have found that the German forums use acronyms for everything:
SuC = Supercharger
SeC = Service Center
MiF or MiUS = Made in Freemont/US

The problem is going to be when the Berlin factory comes online and they have to count all their cars in multiples of 1024 (MiB) ;)

Reactions: rjpjnk
Same here. 2021.3.106.5 in Germany (M3 Performance, made in China). Never received an update and for some reason the release info for the software in my car is in french.
when I switch to English it’s in English and when I switch back to German it’s in french again. Very weird.

Other than that, they probably had to use alternative hardware due to the IC shortage nd are now working on merging the builds again.

They are already supporting many different hardware configurations in their main build so I think right now there is no real reason to expect 2021.3.10x cars to be permanently islanded.

Even if they were for some reason unable to merge the builds they could just roll the new features into the current build.

By the way, cars in Europe still have the radar sensor. Since we are also stuck on the same version as you guys, I don’t think it has anything to do with the vision only cars.

Where's Kang the Conqueror when you need him so he can merge our variant branch into the main branch? 😆

Same here. Tesla Service shows 2021.4 though car shows 2021.3.104.
It is possible this is our final software. No way to know what's in store, but they never promised to update all cars equally, right?

I think a lot of people will be pretty angry though if they are told their cars will never get the new features due to hardware constraints.
Wow man you sound like the definition of a pessimist. Of course, we can’t know for sure but why would you assume the worst?
If they can make 2021.3.106 run with all the features of the prior versions included, why would they have problems with newer versions?
On the other hand I am surprised that it is taking them so long. Most of the software runs on Tesla main computer and on the McU itself and they seem to be exactly the same.
even if some additional controllers were different it should not be to difficult to just incorporate them in the main build.

Maybe somebody with more knowledge of the software could comment on this?

Wow man you sound like the definition of a pessimist. Of course, we can’t know for sure but why would you assume the worst?
If they can make 2021.3.106 run with all the features of the prior versions included, why would they have problems with newer versions?
On the other hand I am surprised that it is taking them so long. Most of the software runs on Tesla main computer and on the McU itself and they seem to be exactly the same.
even if some additional controllers were different it should not be to difficult to just incorporate them in the main build.

Maybe somebody with more knowledge of the software could comment on this?
Btw, there’s an offer here to check your car if you’re in the right area:

:)

• Informative
Reactions: rjpjnk