Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2.32.100

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to have fixed my problem door, but both Falcon wing doors seem to open very conservatively now. I was parked next to a parking lot island clear of any overhead obstacles and the door closest to the island only opened to "umbrella mode".

I was having the "false object detected on closing" pretty consistently about 6 wks back. Obviously on older firmware. But I took the car in for a couple of things, that included and they said they replaced sensors and since then (knock on wood) not one false detection problem.

So mine was absolutely fixed via hardware fix, not software. I wasn't having the problem since then. And was on older firmwares. I just updated to .100 and the doors continued to operate as expected. Now it's possible that this latest update did disable my new working sensors. So I'm not happy with that. But perhaps the issue truly is bad sensors and they just can't get around to replace all those sensors yet. So they disabled them til they can...

Reactions: MP3Mike
Looks like the guy tried again with his arm after watching a video on FB of someone putting there hand in it (I don't know where that video is). I'm kind of annoyed that he has left the original video up after proving all the hand crushing fear wrong.

I decided to try it out my self, I tried the arm just like he did and then felt confident enough to try my hand. Guess what? it hurts, but not nearly as bad as you'd think. And it definitely is not going to break any bones or cause permanent damage. Pain level is right around someone stepping on your hand, it sucks for a second, but then you forget it even happened. And the door automatically backs off.

Looks like the guy tried again with his arm after watching a video on FB of someone putting there hand in it (I don't know where that video is). I'm kind of annoyed that he has left the original video up after proving all the hand crushing fear wrong.

I decided to try it out my self, I tried the arm just like he did and then felt confident enough to try my hand. Guess what? it hurts, but not nearly as bad as you'd think. And it definitely is not going to break any bones or cause permanent damage. Pain level is right around someone stepping on your hand, it sucks for a second, but then you forget it even happened. And the door automatically backs off.

While I would like for these sensors to work, it is not like traditional doors stop when you close them. Just make sure you and your passengers keep their hands clear when they hear the beeeeepp

Reactions: jvonbokel
Yeah, when I had my X in last week, they were all set to replace the door sensors, but then didn't when engineering told them this new release would fix the phantom obstacle detected problem. It really is looking like they just disabled the sensors at some point in the closing cycle...

Reactions: DriverOne
Noticed today that double clicking the fob to unlock while standing near the charge port only unlocks and unfolds mirrors and does not open the driver door. If I double click the fob near any other corner or the car the driver door opens. Can anyone else confirm this behavior?
I've noticed that too. Sometimes double-clicking doesn't open the driver's door and sometimes it does. The last time it didn't work for me, I had just unplugged the charger, so I was definitely near the charge port. I will try double-clicking at various locations around the car to verify.

Very observant! Good catch!

Reactions: jvonbokel
Maybe that could be another feature they snuck in. I have auto lock on my car, so if I park it in my garage, and go back several hours later to plug it in, I have to unlock it to charge it. And it is annoying when I have to reclose the front door that just swung open and all I wanted to do was unlock the charge port.

Maybe that could be another feature they snuck in. I have auto lock on my car, so if I park it in my garage, and go back several hours later to plug it in, I have to unlock it to charge it. And it is annoying when I have to reclose the front door that just swung open and all I wanted to do was unlock the charge port.
You can press and hold on the rear trunk button on the key to unlock/open the charge port.