Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They will not likely run out of MCU1s. I have the yellow border starting to show and I'm waiting for the day they'll get the info for an at-cost upgrade out, then report it as a warranty case and see if I can at least lower the upgrade price by the replacement cost of the old MCU, if not that at least by the manhours required for the replacement (MCU1 for MCU1).
BTT.

The Tegra3 by now is probably dirt cheap. Not sure about the exact numbers, but Tesla should have sold to the tune of 350,000 Model S and X with it. If they ordered 500k units back in the day, they should still have more than enough to replace them until pretty much forever, and given the size of the Fremont factory, they shouldn't be pressed for storage space. The T3s will definitely be way cheaper than the current Intel unit driving MCU2. Definitely not seeing a warranty replacement of MCU1 by MCU2 happening. Ever.

warranty replacements can be refurbished. So they have a stack of replacements that they can rework. I’m any case, the board with processor is likely pretty cheap ($10-30), if that’s the problem part. The enclosures probably cost more.

The MCU2 has different pinout, different antennas, etc. so more expensive than a refurbished part that would drop in.

Finally, never a good idea to incentivize having something break. IMHO.

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
so I’m new here - how do we notify Tesla about the lack of steering wheel heat and seat heat. I paid extra for this feature specifically due to geographic location.
Does everyone open a case or something? Is there a google sheets tracker to track all these things? If not is there interest in one because I think it would be extremely beneficial. Just KISS - i.e. issue summary - software version - date first appeared - number of cars affected
Welcome!
1. You can call roadside assistance & follow the prompts for help. 1-877-79TESLA
Or press the T logo (see attached image)
31CE068D-186D-449E-B114-A601A93A0B11.jpeg

Then Touch the “Call 1-877-79TESLA in the lower right. (see attached image)
E6695B56-00E3-46D2-911D-485A199C306C.jpeg

2. You can use the Voice Command “bug report”
Excerpt from Owner’s Manual...
Note: You can also use voice commands to provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Note", "Report", "Bug note", or "Bug report" followed by your brief comments. Model S takes a snapshot of its systems, including screen captures of the touchscreen and instrument panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes and uses them to continue improving Model S.

3. Go to your MyTesla account click on the Manage button of your vehicle.
Then scroll down to the support section.
There are 2 options in the Subbect Milne drop down menu. See screenshots.
(Oddly this is only available for our Model S & Not our Model 3)
D7064DA8-CC1E-4FE3-B8CB-F089178607A2.png
D1BF67B7-DFE0-44BA-9AC7-30ED0232F134.png

We also had a high pitched buzzing conning from under the steering wheel area at parts of today's trip - sounding annoys like a modem connecting. We only noticed it this morning when we were up in Maine outside of AT&T coverage - oor seemed to stop when the car got LTE coverage again.

(we are still on the return trip, albeit without slacker at the moment. But what other EV would easily let us do a 420 mile round trip in a single day)

I had this issue once and turned off my iPhone and the buzzing went away. It only happened a couple of times. If it happens again to you, try turning off your phone and see if the buzzing goes away.

Was watching ev-fw.com all weekend and it’s definitely another slow rolling or pulled release. At this rate, it’s going to be 6 or 8 weeks total since all of us have seen a new release (10.4 or 12 for many).

You would think something like the Cold Wx package (which is now part of one of the only options on both the S and X) would be easy to test....

Might just be slow rolling, SC just pushed it to me this morning for fixing my headlights. I wouldn’t think they would do that if it had been pulled?
Awful slow after five days. You’re right it’s not been technically pulled but this rate is like they are not really pushing it out.

There is also a thread where someone has Energy Saving missing.

Anyone else reproduce this? 2018.16 update missing Energy Saving Mode

Awful slow after five days. You’re right it’s not been technically pulled but this rate is like they are not really pushing it out.

There is also a thread where someone has Energy Saving missing.

Anyone else reproduce this? 2018.16 update missing Energy Saving Mode
No it does not look like it’s going wide, and for some reason, it looks like 1/3 of AP 2.0 is being kept on 2018.10, AP 0, 1 and 2.5 are mainly on 2018.12 or higher according to the teslafi tracker.
I think I’m giving up on finding a pattern in these rollouts.

I still have energy saving and always connected options available to me on 2018.16

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Something funny happened to me on this latest update:

Aside from all the issues we collectively are experiencing, prior to the update I could summon my car with the fob but not the App.

NOW, I can summon the car with the app, but NOT THE FOB.

Never a boring moment as a Tesla owner.... HA!

I have the same issue. I've always been able to use summon via the fob but not the app. But, the last update reversed that.