Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.21.9 75bdbc11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been able to keep up with this thread since about page 25. But I took a long drive this weekend, and using AP1 v 2018.18, I was able to run Auto Steer on the highway for several spans of up to 4 minutes each, before getting a nag. And this was hands entirely off the wheel (much to my wife's distress -- for science! ).

Does 2018.21.9 change the nags for AP1 as well?

Had my windshield replaced today at SvC (took a rock on the Dulles Toll Road). And had annual service. They updated firmware there and I received software update notification when I got home. Just updated and it shows same load as before - 21.9. Are there further dot releases that aren't publicly identified? I checked when I picked up the car and it was still at 21.9. I received that version on Jun 11. I will see tomorrow if I notice anything different. I think the camera has finished recalibrating so I should be able to use AP.

Thoughts?

Had my windshield replaced today at SvC (took a rock on the Dulles Toll Road). And had annual service. They updated firmware there and I received software update notification when I got home. Just updated and it shows same load as before - 21.9. Are there further dot releases that aren't publicly identified? I checked when I picked up the car and it was still at 21.9. I received that version on Jun 11. I will see tomorrow if I notice anything different. I think the camera has finished recalibrating so I should be able to use AP.

Thoughts?

This is normal. Certain service procedures reload the most current firmware on your car, which might be the same version. It just means according to Murphy’s Law, 2018.26 will come out tonight and you missed it by one day :D

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread since about page 25. But I took a long drive this weekend, and using AP1 v 2018.18, I was able to run Auto Steer on the highway for several spans of up to 4 minutes each, before getting a nag. And this was hands entirely off the wheel (much to my wife's distress -- for science! ).

Does 2018.21.9 change the nags for AP1 as well?

Well let me summarize for you.....

"You are holding the wheel wrong if you get nags..."
"Hold the wheel this way if you are getting nags...."
"My hand only weighs 1 oz and I don't get nags...."
"If you want to drive with your hands off the wheel for any amount of time you are creating a safety hazard tantamount to acting like you would in GTA5...."

Oh yeah and almost 1 full page of people debating the nomenclature for the releases.

There you go, roughly 20 pages summarized :p

No posts in the last 10 hours! We were averaging 25 posts in 10 hours. Where is everyone? Suggestions?
a. Staring at their center screen waiting for the little 2018.24 clock icon to appear.
b. Busy searching Kijiji for an Autopilot Buddy.
c. Relaxing while waiting for the next firmware release frenzy.

No posts in the last 10 hours! We were averaging 25 posts in 10 hours. Where is everyone? Suggestions?
a. Staring at their center screen waiting for the little 2018.24 clock icon to appear.
b. Busy searching Kijiji for an Autopilot Buddy.
c. Relaxing while waiting for the next firmware release frenzy.
d. Figuring out how to get an Autopilot Buddy ordered to Mexico and cross the border to buy one.

Reactions: HankLloydRight

Thoughts?
I would guess the SvC is sick and tired of requests for ‘current firmware’ and so pushes the button for ‘load current’ on all visits. No matter if you have the current one or not, the car will get the current one and you will get a software download notice. Too bad it’s not smart enough to disregard if it’s the same number.

Ok, then I know not to upgrade just yet. thanks.

I have a 2500 mile road trip in August, so I'll try and hold off on upgrading. The problem is Tesla is very aggressive popping up the firmware update screen every time I start and stop the car. I don't know which nag is worse!

If you are interested, you can also read 100s of posts on how best to hold the steering wheel.