Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have my 3 AWD yet (end of this month), but I love that my car will get updates. Just awesome. !

This one feature alone, would be enough for me to buy the car. Only there are so many other reasons as well.
Watched a video (it was older) of a guy who was just giddy with his new car.
I haven’t felt this excited about a purchase, since I purchased my first house many years ago.
Here is a written CHEERS to Elon for making car ownership this fun. :)

which leads me to believe this is the Supercharging idle fees/in-car credit card payment option update.

I would love to see them geofence the idle fees. This update is great for those playing by the rules, but does nothing to stop folks that unplug and stay parked (or never plug in) at a Supercharger.

Would be nice if you had to actually move your car 30 ft or something from any Supercharger.

It's proven that people find value in knowing how wide spread any given update is being deployed. You'll have to suffer the pain of clicking the next page button a few times, sorry.
I agree and it is more than that. Someone who takes the time to post something/anything, is someone who is excited and motivated to communicate on these forums. Let's not demoralize people who want to be a part of a conversation.

I would love to see them geofence the idle fees. This update is great for those playing by the rules, but does nothing to stop folks that unplug and stay parked (or never plug in) at a Supercharger.

Would be nice if you had to actually move your car 30 ft or something from any Supercharger.

Unfortunately, I don’t think geofencing has the accuracy required to support this. It would be too easy for Tesla to mistakenly charge idle fees when someone is in an adjacent space, possibly waiting for a charger to open.

It may be nice for Tesla to nag owners more on their phone if their once their charge is done or if someone reported their car as occupying a space and isn’t being charged when cars are waiting. Thinking the notification thing would have to be linked to a check that all or almost all chargers are being used, otherwise these notifications might be abused.

Unfortunately, I don’t think geofencing has the accuracy required to support this. It would be too easy for Tesla to mistakenly charge idle fees when someone is in an adjacent space, possibly waiting for a charger to open.

It may be nice for Tesla to nag owners more on their phone if their once their charge is done or if someone reported their car as occupying a space and isn’t being charged when cars are waiting. Thinking the notification thing would have to be linked to a check that all or almost all chargers are being used, otherwise these notifications might be abused.

Adjacent space, no. But it's pretty straightforward to mention that the car must be > 30 ft (or whatever) from a Supercharger stall. The car certainly has the accuracy for that. Probably more like 15-20 feet.