Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.6 8377b4d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got so excited when I saw United Kingdom in the list of updates on TeslaFi, but alas then realised it was 36.2 amongst all the 39.6’s.
I didn't want to give you a thumbs down since it's not your fault. Sad face, just like us in AU. :( Right about now I'd be happy to even get 36.2 instead of this deathly silence, with all the v9 excitement in North America.

Wife just got it this morning on the S100D AP2. "Wow like it. Much more cleaner like the 3." I am more of are there still 4 wheels on the ground type of guy.

So with all the snipiness about the rear camera here. I don't know why people banter back and forth with this to the point of anger or vitriol. Make the point move and move on. We all are wanting the best. I get it if you don't like it, but do the right thing and escalate it within your my Tesla account. It takes less time to do that than whine here. They only allow so many words. Not paragraphs about the subject and how you moved my camera cheese. The more people that do that. The more likely to change.

Also check out the referral rewards thread. Now updates go in order of referral awards(4) before us normal folks. Shame. Next it will be service appointments.

So with all the snipiness about the rear camera here. I don't know why people banter back and forth with this to the point of anger or vitriol. Make the point move and move on. We all are wanting the best. I get it if you don't like it, but do the right thing and escalate it within your my Tesla account. It takes less time to do that than whine here. They only allow so many words. Not paragraphs about the subject and how you moved my camera cheese. The more people that do that. The more likely to change.

You can do both. Report to Tesla AND inform / discuss.

Reactions: Kant.Ing
Screenshot_20181008-194228_Tesla.jpg
Well that can't be true. I have 0 referrals and received the V9 update 2 days ago.

Going forward, and it is true. Check your app and my tesla.

v9 with Obstacle-Aware Acceleration turned on.

I was on a highway stopped behind another car in a lane due to traffic, but the lane next to me was moving at a decent speed. I decided to quickly cut into the faster lane, but (I believe) the Obstacle-Aware Acceleration feature limited by acceleration because of the stopped car in front of me and my transition into the faster lane wasn't as quick as I expected. It could've been bad, but things worked out in the end.

Last edited:
I'm sure some of this has been posted, since I seem to be slipping down the time I get the update to middle of the regular pack ( about 1 week to two weeks from when teslafi says it has gone fleet wide. I'm not complaining , just happy to get them some what regularly ( I was on 32.2) . I have a mid 2017 build MS90D, AP2, MCU1, EAP/FSD ( woof!< the notations are getting crazy). for me the GUI is more of a "MEH" moment so far. I do like the backside car locations ( especially the truck notation) and the blindspot warning line , "meh" on the smaller car, I used to like to see if my brake lights were on, sort of hard todo now. I do miss the green lines showing flowing traffic, but I do agree the the black and slowing traffic is okay to see. Im sort of " google maps" oriented so the smaller traffic notations are taking some getting used to. it may be me but the maps them selves seem more "fuzzy" or less resolution at the same zoom out point . That may make the maps run faster in the MCU1, i'll probably have to just find another zoom point that feels right with the right resolution.

if tesla is listening ( reading). I wish we could have some " toggles" to put items on the display, like the green traffic flowing lines, more resolution to the map? or the full white band around the instrument cluster for warning over the top white sliver ( that one bugs me) , which I never see till it is beeping at me . I get that the SW needs to be more uniform between the 3 models if we have any chance of keeping changes coming but it would be nice to provide maybe just a bit more customization for MS/MX owners ( see you made me get snobby there :) )

the driving has done what it has done in the past where it was a bit worse when I first took it out and then settled down to a really nice clean operation in a couple of days ( about 50 miles, some times less). I have also done a soft reset about a week so after I get the new version ( yes I am probably superstitious) , but it adds to the stability for me. Bring on Drive on nav ( could really use that, going to from 3 major highways every morning . Im gaming the system a bit now by using the turn signal to get into the lane early ( off ramp markings are good here in virginia), then letting the car down select speed ( entry speed is stil a bit too fast for my taste, especially with a barrier coming up ) then I push the car up to speed all with out going out of AP. happy driving!.. or autopiloting! ( is that a verb?)

Reactions: croman
v9 with Obstacle-Aware Acceleration turned on.

I was on a highway stopped behind another car in a lane due to traffic, but the lane next to me was moving at a decent speed. I decided to quickly cut into the faster lane, but (I believe) the Obstacle-Aware Acceleration feature limited by acceleration because of the stopped car in front of me and my transition into the faster lane wasn't as quick as I expected. It could've been bad, but things worked out in the end.

Unfortunate side effect. I would think Tesla ignores that setting if on a highway.

IIRC, it works like this:

- Software updates are _only_ downloaded over WiFi _except_ for security updates.

Hmmm, that is rather interesting considering that I got an update to V9 while I was in Oregon at a friend's home whom doesn't even have internet and I was on cellular the whole time. That matches what I was told by a colleague. So am I to assume V9 is a security update?