Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But but but... teslafi says!

Lol

Teslafi is perfectly in line with what people are saying.

That there was a handful of 39.5 updates, and zero 39.6 updates for Model 3's.

We don't know what changed between the 39.5 update, and the 39.6 update. The fact that there are Model S/X's with 39.5 throws cold water on the idea that 39.5 is just for the Model 3.

I'll get excited the second I see a 39.6 update on a Model 3 either here, Teslfi, or reddit. Until then I'll continue with my normal weekend programming.

Reactions: P3D_Denver
Many of us are.
I really think they may have paused the update because of EAP-related issues. On driving today, the surrounding car renders on the display were all over the place - looked like some cars “hit me” other cars moving back and forth even though we were all at a stoplight stopped, etc. Glad I’m not relying on the cameras and sensors to drive!

Reactions: thimel
I really think they may have paused the update because of EAP-related issues. On driving today, the surrounding car renders on the display were all over the place - looked like some cars “hit me” other cars moving back and forth even though we were all at a stoplight stopped, etc. Glad I’m not relying on the cameras and sensors to drive!

I don't think so. EAP is fine.

I am on version 34.1 and have been waiting for the software update since Friday morning, and today morning I got the notification for software update ....woh hooooo....

I quickly jumped to update the software but unfortunately got an error for updating software after 11 minutes.

I called Tesla service and they said they will push the software again within 2 days.

Anyone having a similar situation with V9?

BTW I am not able to use EAP because for the failed updated.

Attachments

• IMG_7015.PNG
    IMG_7015.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
The SC probably simply reinstalled 36.2

Occasionally they do reinstall the same version of firmware that was on it.

I really wish when we got a software update notification that it would tell us the version. There are people that want to skip versions.
On the update I have also seen that in the past when the SC updates the BMs firmware, I got the same set of push notifications but the ver in the car and the app doesn't show the BMS details. My guess is some of what you are seeing might be that.

• Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
I am on version 34.1 and have been waiting for the software update since Friday morning, and today morning I got the notification for software update ....woh hooooo....

I quickly jumped to update the software but unfortunately got an error for updating software after 11 minutes.

I called Tesla service and they said they will push the software again within 2 days.

Anyone having a similar situation with V9?

BTW I am not able to use EAP because for the failed updated.
don’t get too excited, you are just getting minor bug fixes 36.2

I got the email about this update two days ago (Oct 5th). My car is connected to wifi, but nothing updated so far. My mobile app has been updated a while ago and has message in the inbox about this v9 update which came on Oct 5th too.

Not sure why there is still a delay.
Mine says same; app 36.2 and emails on Oct.5 had me running to the car but nothing changed. Very sad.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
Just got my notification that V9 was available as I connected to WiFi. I just started the update now. Says it should take 45 minutes. Fingers crossed that nothing funky happens during this update!

I normally wait a week or two after an iOS o MacOS update so that they have time to work out any bugs. I just couldn’t wait for this one - I need that web browser and dash cam!!!

UPDATE:
As soon as “Starting update” was replaced with “Update in progress” lots of mysterious sounds began. First a loud clunk from the rear (like something had fallen on the trunk), then the lights turned on for a couple minutes, then some clicks and clacks... 38 more minutes to go... (Yes, I am sitting in my car in my garage for this update... its my first Tesla software update so I wanted the full experience :))

UPDATE 2:
The car began to sing at minute 10 or so - more operatic in tone than jazz. After it stopped singing, silence. Then a few minutes another “bang!” This time from the front passenger quarter. I noticed on the screen it said “Unable to charge” for a few seconds then the message disappeared. Now more silence. Stay tuned.

UPDATE 3:
The screen rebooted and it said “Update complete... Checking status.” Then it pops open the “What’s New in V9.0” box. All in all, took 12 minutes or so. Super quick! Now time to test new features!
That's all terrifying! Does this happen every update? I've never actually hung around for one.