Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
now two 3's rolled back, although neither of them showed up in the filtered list before. I've not seen 39.6 in the Model 3 list at all so far.
Also, the total number of Model 3 in their system seems to be pretty fluid. Friday it was 778-ish, yesterday I saw 802, now its 794.
Either way, there is obviously something amiss with this release on Model 3 - very sad.
I was looking forward to playing lunar lander while charging.
i think something is messed up with v9 for Model 3. :(

Shot in the dark before everyone goes nuts, but is it possible what's being perceived as a rollback on some of those is a function of a new person subscribing to TeslaFi? I'm wondering if the app assumes the latest version on sub and interprets it as a rollback when the car checks in with an earlier version.

I received the email on Friday, and then notification that the update had completed successfully. My car is currently at the dealer and paint shop for a minor repair. All that said, my mobile app still says 36.2. Confusing for sure!

Shot in the dark before everyone goes nuts, but is it possible what's being perceived as a rollback on some of those is a function of a new person subscribing to TeslaFi? I'm wondering if the app assumes the latest version on sub and interprets it as a rollback when the car checks in with an earlier version.

Nope, it doesn't assume anything. When you subscribe to TeslaFi it lists your current version. These are actual rollbacks, and you can see from their users that v9 is rolling out quickly to S and X with almost 20% of those users having been upgraded already, while only about 1% of the Model 3 TeslaFi users are on v9.

Nope, it doesn't assume anything. When you subscribe to TeslaFi it lists your current version. These are actual rollbacks, and you can see from their users that v9 is rolling out quickly to S and X with almost 20% of those users having been upgraded already, while only about 1% of the Model 3 TeslaFi users are on v9.

Got it.

It's clear that the rollout to Model 3s is stalled from that data and that S and X are continuing to get upgrades pushed and I wasn't questioning that, but wasn't clear to me if those rollbacks were "real" since they didn't seem to be reflected in the total install numbers for Model 3's decreasing. It may just be a function of the aggregate totals being updated on a less frequent basis that the "latest fleet updates" section.

I received the email on Friday, and then notification that the update had completed successfully. My car is currently at the dealer and paint shop for a minor repair. All that said, my mobile app still says 36.2. Confusing for sure!

The SC probably simply reinstalled 36.2

Occasionally they do reinstall the same version of firmware that was on it.

I really wish when we got a software update notification that it would tell us the version. There are people that want to skip versions.

If they’re doing a rollback, I haven’t gotten any alerts and I’m on 39.5 and have latest Tesla app.

I wonder if there is an issue if it relates only to EAP which I don’t have. That would seem to compare well with my experience of the left hand turn bug which showed cars driving through me. If that’s the data they use for autopilot, I could imagine all sorts of problems with vehicle avoidance.

If they’re doing a rollback, I haven’t gotten any alerts and I’m on 39.5 and have latest Tesla app.

I wonder if there is an issue if it relates only to EAP which I don’t have. That would seem to compare well with my experience of the left hand turn bug which showed cars driving through me. If that’s the data they use for autopilot, I could imagine all sorts of problems with vehicle avoidance.

The only non-early access cars I've seen that have v9 (model 3s) do not have enhanced auto pilot which is curious.

I have the new Model S with Intel hardware within the MCU, still no update available. However my colleague with the 2017 Model S got it two days ago. I'm wondering if anyone else received the V9 update for 2018 Model S/X with the upgraded MCUs?

Two things about the above:
1. There’s no audible alert when the red line appears - I wish there was as I’m not always staring at this rendering
2. In left hand turns, I’ve notice it renders vehicles in the oncoming lane as driving through me - kind of a weird bug

Seems like a great use of the steering wheel vibration.... You know the one from lane departure warning that everyone turns off.....

I have v9 39.5 on M3 AWD Non-P. Received Friday 10/5 at 2:00am. Car has EAP.

No issues! Only thing strange is that the vehicles next to you now show according to their size (SUV, trucks, etc..) but they jiggle around constantly even at stop lights when standing still.