Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my notification that V9 was available as I connected to WiFi. I just started the update now. Says it should take 45 minutes. Fingers crossed that nothing funky happens during this update!

I normally wait a week or two after an iOS o MacOS update so that they have time to work out any bugs. I just couldn’t wait for this one - I need that web browser and dash cam!!!
Will it show on the app that an upgrade is available? Or just in the car?

• Helpful
Reactions: FinallyGotMyM3
Just got my notification that V9 was available as I connected to WiFi. I just started the update now. Says it should take 45 minutes. Fingers crossed that nothing funky happens during this update!

I normally wait a week or two after an iOS o MacOS update so that they have time to work out any bugs. I just couldn’t wait for this one - I need that web browser and dash cam!!!

UPDATE:
As soon as “Starting update” was replaced with “Update in progress” lots of mysterious sounds began. First a loud clunk from the rear (like something had fallen on the trunk), then the lights turned on for a couple minutes, then some clicks and clacks... 38 more minutes to go... (Yes, I am sitting in my car in my garage for this update... its my first Tesla software update so I wanted the full experience :))

Lucky...

Will it show on the app that an upgrade is available? Or just in the car?
It showed on my app in Notifications.
BEB2A3FC-BCC0-44F2-8EBA-8A58615972F2.jpeg

Update complete. It took just 12 minutes despite its 45 minute estimate.

Some things I’ve noticed:

- HomeLink control is now on the right side.
- Driver profile no longer centered at top - it’s also on the right side.
- Time and temperature now on the left
- WiFi/LTE and Bluetooth also moved to the right

Oh, and this:
F1F8216F-C835-4710-AA09-285CB203214F.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like blindspot monitoring only applies to FSD-active vehicles, because it uses the side cameras. So much for all vehicles getting all of the basic safety features.

"To improve safety and increase confidence when changing lanes, cars with Full Self-Driving hardware will now display a red lane line when your turn signal is engaged and a car or obstacle is detected in your target lane. There is no change to the display for cars without Full Self-Driving hardware."

Edit: As many pointed out, FSD hardware most likely means AP 2(.5), not FSD software upgrade activated, so all Model 3s will hopefully get blindspot monitoring. Phew!
Finally.

Something for FSD?

Wow....it took long enough.

Does anyone know the internet browser will allow for video streaming? I was explaining all of the updates to the family and one asked if they could watch Netlix while on road trips. I told them I did not think so, but figured I would ask.

Does anyone know the internet browser will allow for video streaming? I was explaining all of the updates to the family and one asked if they could watch Netlix while on road trips. I told them I did not think so, but figured I would ask.
I’ll check when I head downstairs to the car a little later - my guess is probably not as that would be huge data usage for Tesla.

I believe in the S and X streaming video is not an option in the browser. Not sure if they’re blocking specific URLs or have somehow disabled streaming video from any site.

I wonder if streaming audio would work? Could I load the SiriusXM website and listen to music off of that?

Reactions: outdoors