Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t understand the shade being thrown at Teslafi?
The data is trivial to understand and shows exactly how many Model 3 are in their system.
For those hard of understanding.....
Current Model 3 count in there = 776
Number of Model 3 with 39.5 = 5 hardly a wide push with zero today.
Number of cars with 39.6 = 315 with exactly zero Model 3
As for the vampire drain FUD, they have a simple checkbox to let your car sleep, works perfectly. Yes, I’m a happy Teslafi user.

Don’t understand the shade being thrown at Teslafi?
The data is trivial to understand and shows exactly how many Model 3 are in their system.
For those hard of understanding.....
Current Model 3 count in there = 776
Number of Model 3 with 39.5 = 5 hardly a wide push with zero today.
Number of cars with 39.6 = 315 with exactly zero Model 3
As for the vampire drain FUD, they have a simple checkbox to let your car sleep, works perfectly. Yes, I’m a happy Teslafi user.

Where does it show the Model 3 Count?

Teslafi clearly tells people that more details are available after signing up.
"More detailed information on version history and vehicle update history is available by signing up for an account.:

This is hardly big deal since there is this magical thing called math. So one can add up the recent firmware versions to get a pretty good idea of how many there are.

At any rate in some other forums I've seen reports of failed updates with the Model 3. So maybe Tesla has pulled it for the 3 while they sort that out.

Reactions: outdoors
Where does it show the Model 3 Count?

Teslafi clearly tells people that more details are available after signing up.
"More detailed information on version history and vehicle update history is available by signing up for an account.:

This is hardly big deal since there is this magical thing called math. So one can add up the recent firmware versions to get a pretty good idea of how many there are.

At any rate in some other forums I've seen reports of failed updates with the Model 3. So maybe Tesla has pulled it for the 3 while they sort that out.

You see different info if you are subscribed. Here is their Model 3 summary:

DCA4D7E2-7B2A-4398-AD31-F5B7F0502143.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
That is a reasonable number, but is it subscribed or active ?

The 776 are subscribers (and trial subscriptions). I was off TeslaFi for a while and while it showed the version I had during my subscription, it was not included in the count. There is also an option for TeslaFi to not track your firmware so I imagine those are not in the count.

TeslaFi pulls your firmware info straight from Tesla so it is not manually entered by the subscribers.

What do you consider as "many"? TeslaFi shows 0.6%. I know it is just a sample, but based on the sample size, the margin of error is only 0.54%.
I counted about 4 people here on TMC who have posted about getting the update and have seen 4 videos on YouTube.

Tbh when I read that V9 was being pushed out, I ran downstairs to set up my WiFi on my 3. I sat in the car for probably 5 minutes hoping I’d see an updated software message. Disappointed, I went back into the house and sat down to watch some TV. Maybe 3 or 4 minutes passed and my pocket vibrated. Oooooh. I look and boom! a Tesla app notification that a new update was avail for my 3. I run back into garage and there it was, waiting for my “Install Now” command.

Update took about 12-15 minutes or so. You can read the play by play earlier in the thread. I have pretty fast and reliable WiFi so perhaps that played a role in getting the update sooner than others. It’s about 500 MB.

I counted about 4 people here on TMC who have posted about getting the update and have seen 4 videos on YouTube.

Tbh when I read that V9 was being pushed out, I ran downstairs to set up my WiFi on my 3. I sat in the car for probably 5 minutes hoping I’d see an updated software message. Disappointed, I went back into the house and sat down to watch some TV. Maybe 3 or 4 minutes passed and my pocket vibrated. Oooooh. I look and boom! a Tesla app notification that a new update was avail for my 3. I run back into garage and there it was, waiting for my “Install Now” command.

Update took about 12-15 minutes or so. You can read the play by play earlier in the thread. I have pretty fast and reliable WiFi so perhaps that played a role in getting the update sooner than others. It’s about 500 MB.

I only have 200 Mbps, I guess that is why I didn't get it. I wouldn't consider 4 on TMC as many either though.

Since you did receive it, have you noticed any bugs on 39.5 as they quickly pulled it and are not sending updates to 3s for now?

My update failed for a second time, this time under Wifi

The service rep said there was a case opened Friday morning when I called initially, and this is a known issue.

The update that was sent this morning was the same as the first time that's why it failed again.

With the case the engineers have to make a special patch for my car and that will get pushed to me around Tuesday.

He finished by saying if I bring my car in for service it'll be "immediate".

Already have an appointment but for the 23rd.. so over the air it is!

Does the trick of parking within the Wi-Fi radius of a Service Center to get an update still work ?

I’ve read in multiple threads and forums that this no longer works. If you have an open service ticket that would probably help the update push quickly though and I’ve seen several people mention that. But even if the WiFi thing at the service center did work they are clearly not pushing out to 3’s right now, so it’s a bit moot at the moment.