Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.4.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boaterva

Supporting Member
[Moderator note (bmah): This thread started with about 20 messages moved from the "Software update 2018.4.5" thread.]

And now I'm wondering what's up... no new takers today? No new .7 for two days?!

upload_2018-2-12_13-52-43.png

Last edited by a moderator:
And this "Release candidate in final testing phase" - I am assuming it is not 2018.6. Maybe they are talking about an update to Firmware 8.1. Maybe 8.2 or 9.0. I really hope we will actually know when it happens with some big announcement.

Agree. And let's hope they do some changes to the generic design as well. Top nav icons looks very dated now and toggle switches would also do with an update. Model 3 interface looks much more iOS-like and the X/S should at some point soon get the same treatment. Hopefully :)

Thanks for the reply and the additional information. I did call the SC and they said that the latest version they have there is the one that they provided to me, 2018.2, and told me to wait for it to be pushed out. I just find it odd that Tesla would release an App update that requires 2018.4 when it hasn't been pushed out broadly.
Releasing 2017.4 first and pushing the app later would increase the risk of regression. For example if pre-heating from the new app / new api caused a serious regressions for many users such as rendering pre-heating useless.

It makes sense that a majority of the apps are updated first, then the firmware, to catch the regression early and cancel the roll-out before everyone gets it. It's not like the old features of the app stops working.

Not an owner yet but usually when there is an update there is feedback, good or bad on EAP which I always read thru. Haven't seen any EAP feedback with the latest release and wondered why? Even if there haven't been any changes that usually gets reported.

Not an owner yet but usually when there is an update there is feedback, good or bad on EAP which I always read thru. Haven't seen any EAP feedback with the latest release and wondered why? Even if there haven't been any changes that usually gets reported.

This thread contains several reports of it being similar or slightly better than 50.3 (the last wide release). Some mentioned specific improvements based on their routes but mostly its muted because we're all disheartened that after over a year (in my case) after buying EAP/FSD there have been no features released from those options. We're still hunting for AP1 parity or at least something AP2 does that AP1 doesn't despite massive hype. So unless its really worth noting, no one is going to rave about very slight improvements that might just be due to a small sample size or some freak event.

Reactions: TheTron
Some of us have been posting our thoughts but other than a mild improvement in driving correctness there is nothing worth mentioning. That would be why there’s not a lot of feedback.

Can those lucky few testing the 2018.4.x variants please drive more so Tesla can get enough data to feel confident enough to release whatever it is they are testing? --Thanks from those of us stuck in 2017 (50.3).

P.S. (I'm giving you an excuse to enjoy your wonderful car more ;D)

Reactions: boaterva