Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.41

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get ready for a FLOOD of posts and YouTube videos, followed shortly by one goon who decides to climb into the back seat while using the "AutoPilot Buddy" and ends up in a fatal crash, followed by thousands of news articles about killer Teslas, another NTSB investigation, and a mass-push firmware update that disables DriveOnNav.
Pretty sure it won't work since they added a few months back detection of weight / seatbelt on driver seat? Besides he will depending on speed have to move the steering eveye 30 seconds?

Reactions: PaulJohn
Get ready for a FLOOD of posts and YouTube videos, followed shortly by one goon who decides to climb into the back seat while using the "AutoPilot Buddy" and ends up in a fatal crash, followed by thousands of news articles about killer Teslas, another NTSB investigation, and a mass-push firmware update that disables DriveOnNav.

Great, was so going to do this, but now I would feel like an idiot.

This is a thread about a non-public software release covered by NDA. The participants seem to have forgotten to mention that.

Seriously, please stop discussing this on the forums. Otherwise, kindly decline to participate in the early access program if you're not going to respect your end of the bargain. Not trying to be a jerk but if Tesla says "here, try this out and provide feedback if you want but we ask that you keep it to yourself", taking them up on the offer and then sharing info you agreed not to share is pretty crappy. Just my 2 cents.

Seriously, please stop discussing this on the forums. Otherwise, kindly decline to participate in the early access program if you're not going to respect your end of the bargain. Not trying to be a jerk but if Tesla says "here, try this out and provide feedback if you want but we ask that you keep it to yourself", taking them up on the offer and then sharing info you agreed not to share is pretty crappy. Just my 2 cents.

Hey lucky for you there was a thread created where "like minded" people can discuss their views of EAP - Early Access and NDA overflow from 2018.41 thread

Have at it and keep these comments out of the new release threads. Not trying to be a jerk, but if the MOD says "here stop clogging the threads on new releases with your comments about EAP" and you do it anyway. it's pretty crappy. Just sayin ;)

Hey lucky for you there was a thread created where "like minded" people can discuss their views of EAP - Early Access and NDA overflow from 2018.41 thread

Have at it and keep these comments out of the new release threads. Not trying to be a jerk, but if the MOD says "here stop clogging the threads on new releases with your comments about EAP" and you do it anyway. it's pretty crappy. Just sayin ;)

Ha, fair enough. Didn't know that existed- just stumbled on this thread through Reddit. I'm not interested in arguing with anyone. Just going to go back to enjoying the car.... I'll keep my 2 cents to myself in the future.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ord3r and 1375mlm
You have to weed out the those who are seeking Darwin awards somehow!

I don't mind the discussion. I just think it would be much more helpful if it was clearly marked "early access" and the people talking about it were forthcoming as such instead of sowing so much confusion.

Right now these threads all read about like this to me:

Waynes World Vip GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Up until now it was different releases for Nav on AP included and not included, but no reason they couldn't have changed it.
Well, at first it was one release that was purely config-controlled. Of course people quickly figured out how to flip those options, so THEN Tesla decided to just compile out this functionality from general releases (for now). Like literally the function "isnavonmapsenabled" is just
Code:
{
    return 0;
}
where as before it was checking all sorts of config variables and whatnot.

It's conceivable that when pushing EAP releases where they DO want this stuff tested, they include the right code (and reportedly they weeded all root users off the EAP program long ago, which is a pity. I suspect the only reason root users fearlessly discuss these releases (when able to obtain them of course) is because there's no NDA. At least I can tell for myself that if I was under NDA, I would adhere to the terms).

Do we know that they can’t share this info?

Do we know that they can’t share this info?
From the EA Program invite.

Before signing up, please review the following programrules:

• You must agree to keep your experiences in the program confidential.
  • You may not share any information about this program with the public-e.g. posting on any forums, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
  • You may not use any third party apps that access data from your vehicle-e.g. TeslaFi, ev-fw.com, etc.