Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.50 7e49f8a

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a software update to this version. I came from 2018.48.12.1, and I never did get 2018.49.12.1 update, so for me I finally get Navigate on Autopilot.

The other new thing is:

Cold Weather Improvement

When you set mobile preconditioning to HI the climate system will better thaw your charge port in freezing conditions.

Everything else is the same from 2018.48.12.1

• Informative
Reactions: Lon12
Did this happen with this update? I noticed a little bit before but nothing major.
It's been reported that 2018.50 makes a big improvement vs all previous builds. I believe all of those reports have been with RWD cars though, and I have an AWD. I'm actually about to head out for a trip in 10 mins and can test, but I also think my battery might be too cold to allow full Regen since it was parked outside all day at work. Either way, will report back if I find any change.

It's been reported that 2018.50 makes a big improvement vs all previous builds. I believe all of those reports have been with RWD cars though, and I have an AWD. I'm actually about to head out for a trip in 10 mins and can test, but I also think my battery might be too cold to allow full Regen since it was parked outside all day at work. Either way, will report back if I find any change.

I took it out for a drive tonight and the regen does seem more strong, almost back to the original strength. I have an AWD.

I love NoA. So cool!

• Informative
Reactions: Techniques
So my battery was too cold to test if full Regen was back, but I did try NoA. It was a bit of a mixed bag, but overall I'm happy with it. A few points good and bad:

1. Getting off the highway at Winston Churchill worked amazingly. Car took the offramp on its own and NoA disabled on the offramp.

2. It auto lane changed into the HOV lane on QEW for me when the lane began at Trafalgar heading home westbound...but the lane change was really aggressive, ie the car swerved aggressively into the lane. Much more aggressive than a typical lane change.

3. While in the HOV lane for some reason it was prompting me to get out a quite far from my destination. I kept ignoring them, but one time the car slowed down from 120 to 100 to give me time to initiate the lane change. There were no cars around me so luckily this didn't cause an issue, but for sure this would have pissed off someone behind me.

4. In general, I feel it was asking me to change lanes fairly frequently given how light traffic was and all lanes were moving pretty well (11pm at night).

5. I enabled mad Max mode towards the end of the drive so maybe that had something to do with point 4 above.

6. Getting off the highway on the return leg was a bit scary. Even before the lane exited the highway the car suddenly slowed From 120 to 70 km/h. I actually thought it was going to come to a stop on the highway. Definitely not good if there were more cars around, and fortunately again there was no one behind me.

Overall the bones are there for another awesome feature, the car is getting better and better with each software update. But NoA is not nearly as trustworthy as regular autopilot is right now IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Techniques
So my battery was too cold to test if full Regen was back, but I did try NoA. It was a bit of a mixed bag, but overall I'm happy with it. A few points good and bad:

1. Getting off the highway at Winston Churchill worked amazingly. Car took the offramp on its own and NoA disabled on the offramp.

2. It auto lane changed into the HOV lane on QEW for me when the lane began at Trafalgar heading home westbound...but the lane change was really aggressive, ie the car swerved aggressively into the lane. Much more aggressive than a typical lane change.

3. While in the HOV lane for some reason it was prompting me to get out a quite far from my destination. I kept ignoring them, but one time the car slowed down from 120 to 100 to give me time to initiate the lane change. There were no cars around me so luckily this didn't cause an issue, but for sure this would have pissed off someone behind me.

4. In general, I feel it was asking me to change lanes fairly frequently given how light traffic was and all lanes were moving pretty well (11pm at night).

5. I enabled mad Max mode towards the end of the drive so maybe that had something to do with point 4 above.

6. Getting off the highway on the return leg was a bit scary. Even before the lane exited the highway the car suddenly slowed From 120 to 70 km/h. I actually thought it was going to come to a stop on the highway. Definitely not good if there were more cars around, and fortunately again there was no one behind me.

Overall the bones are there for another awesome feature, the car is getting better and better with each software update. But NoA is not nearly as trustworthy as regular autopilot is right now IMO.

I don't have this update yet but I did a 6 hour highway drive yesterday Edmonton and back. Noticed that the car would occasionally pick up an exit speed limit of 60 in the vicinity of highway exits (that I was not exiting on) and start slowing. Like you say, it would upset the tailgaters. I did not notice this behaviour before NoA was introduced.

Reactions: OPRCE

I feel the same NoA is far more ready, tried couple time and each time asked me unnecessary changing of lane, and if ignore it will slow down the car which makes me in danger.