Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2019.16.3.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This update seems to be favoring the S/X models. TeslaFi shows 28.4% of S/X vehicles on 16.3.2 but only only 15.7% of Model 3’s have received it. We are seeing more US updates overall though so I’m thinking we should start seeing it here fairly soon.

FWIW I had an audio issue on my Model 3 a few days ago (clicking/popping from rear, loss of microphone/voice commands). Was on 12.1. Got Tesla Service to push 16.2. Fixed my audio issues. Have not had a lot of testing on all of the new lane change/avoidance stuff.

I got 16.3.2 (not sure when) some time today on my May 2019 Model X (Raven P100D) and unsure if it is related by my screen froze, car wouldn't move, eventually it sort of rebooted and then refroze, instrument panel was completely inaccurate (speed, doors, indicators) and then somehow the car rebooted while I was driving with my family. I get home within 5 minutes (total drive time 10 minutes). I assume it was the update, my partner has the same vehicle but his software version is 16.3 and he is not having the same issue. I am not sure though. The first 3 days I drove it with no issues (although total of just 100 miles). Do folks have issues with every update? I am not sure I can handle that.

First world problem, sure, but to be frank... My GM vehicles (GMC/Buick/Cadillac) have never had their Homelink modules crash...

I have a pretty high bar set for Tesla's capabilities - failing to crash the garage door opener is one of 'em. :)

Same here, but I gave up. I bought 2 Tesla model 3s and not going to buy anymore brand new Teslas. This is the best mechanical car ever made, but the electronics are bad.

I have never reseted or rebooted any cars I driven before. Bass goes out often and I have to reboot. EAP goes while It’s on Autopilot and reboots on it’s own. Not being able to close my garbage unless I use MyQ is a big a$$ pain.

Just have to deal with it now since it’s the norm with Tesla. Still the best commuter car ever made due to EAP. No other car manufacturers can get close to EAP even at this buggy state. No other manufacturers have a expansive charging network.

Tesla will get better over time but I’m sad I paid so much more in 2018 than what the car costs now.

Just got my 3 a week ago and was on 7.1 Remember seeing something about Dog Mode or at least a toggle for it. Updated to 16.3.2 yesterday and today was showing car to a friend who has dogs. I could not find Dog Mode. Seems like it should be under Security but I went through all the menus. I even opened the Manual: Index and clicked on Dog Mode and it was blank. Has it been removed from 16.3.2?

Just got my 3 a week ago and was on 7.1 Remember seeing something about Dog Mode or at least a toggle for it. Updated to 16.3.2 yesterday and today was showing car to a friend who has dogs. I could not find Dog Mode. Seems like it should be under Security but I went through all the menus. I even opened the Manual: Index and clicked on Dog Mode and it was blank. Has it been removed from 16.3.2?

I've been holding off on .16 but in .12 if the car is parked and you hit the fan icon along the bottom of the screen, it pops up a window offering climate: Off / Keep On / Dog Mode

Reactions: JulienW
I've been holding off on .16 but in .12 if the car is parked and you hit the fan icon along the bottom of the screen, it pops up a window offering climate: Off / Keep On / Dog Mode
Thanks, maybe that is were I saw it (I think it was in 7.1) in my car or maybe it wasn't in my car at all and I was remembering a demo. I will have a look in a little while. I just thought there was a toggle in the menu system somewhere. First week is a lot to take in.

Still kind of
strange that the manual has a blank page when I clicked on Dog Mode in the Index.

Reactions: ammulder
after update the bluetooth doesn't want to auto-connect when I get in. I have to select my phone and click connect.

Of course there's other issues with the update that it partial failed, so that could be a part of it.
2019 May M3 DM HW3.

I’ve been checking TeslaFi quite often since the past few days. It looks like this release isn’t going as fast as I wished to Canada. I’m connected WiFi almost non-stop and still I didn’t get the update:/

Received 2019.16.3.2 last night. Rebooted this morning and all seemed well. EAP worked the same on the drive to and from work, but voice control was AWOL this evening. Pressing the right button brought up the microphone window but nothing was heard by the car, like the microphone was muted. Rebooted a second time (while driving) and that apparently fixed it.

Car still has a difficult time recognizing my phone (Samsung Galaxy J3). I had to do the airplane mode on/off standing next to the car for it to finally see the phone and automatically unlock my doors. However, I've taken to using my fob to unlock and lock the car so I guess it's no biggie. It's just when I'm already in the car and want to make a phone call and I have to go through some gyrations to do so.....

A friend of mine has an SR that was on an old version of software. He was at the SC for a coolant issue and asked them push the latest update. He was updated to 16.3.2. Driving home today he was intentionally letting the car drift slightly toward the edge of the lane and it kept pushing the car back to center. It seemed to be very consistent. If he intentionally steered to the right it would not correct but if he just let the car drift it would activate ELDA and correct back to center. He was very pleased with how it was working. He said it felt like he almost had full Autopilot in the car even though he didn’t purchase it.

• Informative
Reactions: Relayer