Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is your car about 4 years old? If so, you are not even showing 1% loss.
Built April 2015. Bought it used from Tesla on April 3, 2019. 12,004 miles when I took delivery. No complaints!

38590B2A-9C8B-43C8-8A14-B623BC7BAB7F.jpeg

I just noticed that energy buffer (reported by BMS in scan my Tesla) has increased from 4 to 5 kWh after updating my MX 100D to 2019.16.2. Recent fires due to charging of deeply discharged batteries? Ironically, full typical range being reported as before. Any thoughts why Tesla did that?

I SCed yesterday for the first time since the .16.2 update. Last week, I was pushing 105+kW at the start of charging during our 350 trip (SOC=21%, 73F) when they announced faster charging with .12.1. I and was ecstatic.

Yesterday, with SOC at 22% and no one else at the Bay City, MI SC, it didn't get above 95ish (which is what I was getting several months ago before .12.1). Now, to be fair, it was a different SC (the 105+ rate was at Maumee OH) and I had only driven 20 miles when I pulled into the Bay City SC station. But I wonder if they backed down on the charging rate as well in the 16.2 version due to the same reason...

I SCed yesterday for the first time since the .16.2 update. Last week, I was pushing 105+kW at the start of charging during our 350 trip (SOC=21%, 73F) when they announced faster charging with .12.1. I and was ecstatic.

Yesterday, with SOC at 22% and no one else at the Bay City, MI SC, it didn't get above 95ish (which is what I was getting several months ago before .12.1). Now, to be fair, it was a different SC (the 105+ rate was at Maumee OH) and I had only driven 20 miles when I pulled into the Bay City SC station. But I wonder if they backed down on the charging rate as well in the 16.2 version due to the same reason...
I just supercharged yesterday on a 300 mile trip (2016 90D), after getting 2019.16.2. No one else at the charger and arrived at about 23%. I was getting 123KW charge, and I have never seen more than about 104KW at that charger.

Reactions: FMinMI
[QUOTE = "Droschke, post: 3693207, miembro: 33349"] ¿A qué post estás respondiendo? [/ QUOTE]

Quiero decir que los antiguos modelos S y X no tienen la función de visualización de conducción.

Attachments

• default.jpg
    default.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: GWord
NoA is OK in the UK for me so far. Liking the visualisation of proposed lane changes. I finally understood the NoA navigation prompts: ‘press to cancel lane change’ seems obvious but at 70mph when i had that on the left and ‘press indicator to confirm lane change’ on the dash screen it took a couple of goes before I got the logic. o_O

Auto motorway joining is not convincing. I took over each time as small gaps and beta software. I’ll keep seeing how it goes.

Auto motorway leaving is a bit hit and miss IME so far. A couple of smooth exits. And a couple of ‘yep, looks good. Uh? why did it straddle the line and then return to the motorway’? Events. Took over to take the planned route. On both there were no vehicles nearby. Well, at least not nearby in UK motorway terms.

But the 5-second signalling limit is bad. NoA had upcoming lane changes and so I confirmed the change with a tap of the indicator. Lots of traffic with small gaps. By the time folks made a space big enough NoA/EAP had ‘timeout’ on the dash. I liked it when it just kept ticking away until the space was big enough.

Lets be honest, it hasn't worked stable once since V9 was deployed, at this point I'd say it is what it is and they'll never fix it 100% :(

... for some people... for others, like myself there are no problems with Spotify. I had no issues before V9 and none after either.

Clearly there is something wrong for a number of people but I wouldn't be looking for a generic fix, I'd be checking the various suggestions like clearing out playlists to see if it helps...

.. for some people... for others, like myself there are no problems with Spotify. I had no issues before V9 and none after either.
As best as I've been able to narrow things down where it all falls apart is when the car is on WiFi (my garage) and it turns on with Spotify selected. Once I leave home and it has to change over from WiFi to 3G if that doesn't go smoothly then it will not work again. Doesn't matter if it gets WiFi again or full bars of 3G, car is turned off all night etc, once that handover fails the MCU requires a reboot for Spotify to work again.

I have tried clearing out the playlists as well, for me it makes no difference. But I know I am not alone in the misery of endlessly trying to have Spotify functional for more than a few days, consider yourself lucky because it is so infuriating and knowing it'll probably never get sorted makes it worse.
I remember the firmware 2018.48.12.1 (I think it was that one) that actually caused the MCU to reboot by itself if you tried to use Spotify, that hit many people and took them ages to fix. It is worrying that you say you've had no issues with Spotify at all and yet here was plenty of people that had the 2018.48.12.1 reset bug. They only have to have this working on a few different hardware configurations so how that sort of thing happens I have no idea.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: BigNick and fmonera
For what it's worth, I have a portable wifi hotspot that I sometimes have enabled in the car. To get a moving car connected to wifi you have to manually enable it - it assumes it will always be on mobile networks when mobile. However if I enable wifi, when the wifi hotspot misbehaves and doesn't get any reception, the car that is connected to it will have massive audio problems - even from USB playback! It seems that the daemon that connects to wifi is hogging all the CPU trying to connect properly and makes other functions stall.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Has anyone else noticed higher vampire drain on 16.2? The wifey's M3 and my MS both appear to be losing range much more quickly while parked. Sentry mode is off.

Yes, 100% seem an increase I’d typically see 1 or 2% loss overnight however since 16.2 it’s between 8&10% I lost 4% yesterday afternoon just sat there is about 18c weather

Very odd indeed but so far seems to be the only issue with this update.