Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
installed 2019.16.2 EU this morning. Animations and dash screen use are neat.
Having the ‘navigate’ button on the right of the screen near the driver is surprisingly good.
Not yet experienced any ‘no! This corner is too tight for a robot’ events. Should get to try a 270 degree motorway slip road tomorrow.
Did enjoy navigation on autopilot (NOA) today. Not had that available before. A couple of wobbles on leaving onto the motorway exit slip road. I took over as the car started to move over on its own, then moved back a bit. The guide line and ‘confirm lane change with indicator’ was OK.
The 5-second limit to indicating for auto lane change didn’t affect me today.
Pretty good update so far.
Which Map version is installed ? "EU-2018.42-1729" ?

I live in California and running 2019.12.1.1 and my Navigation Data = NA-180906-1605.

Anybody know what the latest Navigation Data is for my location on 2019.16.2?

Any chance you have to be on the latest to get the new 2019.16.2 version? This happened some time ago maybe when NOA was released.

Just found this in another thread:

Old Navigation data: NA-180906-1605
New Navigation data: NA-2019.6-10236

I wonder if this is the reason I do not have 2019.16.2 ???????????

C’mon man... so, was it a cloudy day?! Need more data. Seriously I have a time even starting to believe this one. And there’s no vertical cameras unless you have SpaceX involved... :D
Well I agree. I first laughed and thought it was bogus, but this morning I noticed something that looked like raindrops and later a smudge looking effect. I just thought the display was not refreshing properly, and may still be the reason. The only way I think the T could know about that is from the forward camera or weather reports. During the winter, I got regular notifications that some AP was limited due to weather. Hey, for all I know, those sensors could be detecting bird droppings on the car :rolleyes:

Reactions: PrGrPa
I might (will) get flamed for this comment, but I don't get why anyone has any faith in AP to the point where they risk their lives, others lives or their own car with it.
What do you gain? To me it seems more stressful to be beta testing it (because that is what you are doing) rather than just turn the thing off and drive the car normally.
I'll never be convinced to use it, but I am interested to hear why people have trust in a flaky system.
Hmmm, I have trust because it is not flaky on my car in the area where I use it. It works great. I use it on the interstate on my long trips, or in slow bumper to bumper traffic.

Well I agree. I first laughed and thought it was bogus, but this morning I noticed something that looked like raindrops and later a smudge looking effect. I just thought the display was not refreshing properly, and may still be the reason. The only way I think the T could know about that is from the forward camera or weather reports. During the winter, I got regular notifications that some AP was limited due to weather. Hey, for all I know, those sensors could be detecting bird droppings on the car :rolleyes:
The NoA limited due to wx is (probably 99%) rain on the side cameras since it needs those for lane change observations and there’s no way to clear them. The front cameras are cleared by the wipers.

I agree that it can see rain with the front cameras and maybe even clouds but this is getting nuts in terms of programming. My GF has our 3 with 16.2 and has been on the lookout for this ‘effect’ and hasn’t seen anything precisely like this. I’ve not had a chance to correlate bad wx with visual effects on my 16.2 X. :D

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Should have been more clear. I was referring to Auto High Beams. Head lights do turn on/off from day to night. But the auto dimming of brights when there is oncoming traffic is gone. The feature in the settings menu is there, but I never get the ‘(A)’ icon in the driver display, and it doesn’t auto dim for oncoming traffic anymore.
Uh, did you make sure that you pushed the headlight stalk forward until it clicks? (the high beam position) Otherwise auto-dimming isn't going to work even if you did select that feature in the settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrGrPa and boaterva
I live in California and running 2019.12.1.1 and my Navigation Data = NA-180906-1605.

Anybody know what the latest Navigation Data is for my location on 2019.16.2?

Any chance you have to be on the latest to get the new 2019.16.2 version? This happened some time ago maybe when NOA was released.

Just found this in another thread:

Old Navigation data: NA-180906-1605
New Navigation data: NA-2019.6-10236

I wonder if this is the reason I do not have 2019.16.2 ???????????
That new 2019.6 map database only seems to be for Model 3. :(

I just noticed that energy buffer (reported by BMS in scan my Tesla) has increased from 4 to 5 kWh after updating my MX 100D to 2019.16.2. Recent fires due to charging of deeply discharged batteries? Ironically, full typical range being reported as before. Any thoughts why Tesla did that?

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Was the 16.2 called off recently? My update option disappeared few hours ago. Now the car says that the 12.1.1 is the most recent...
You got a notice that your car was ready for an update (meaning that it already download the update) but you did not apply the update at that time? And now the option is gone? If that was me I could not get my finger to the start update fast enough :) Well the number of updates have gotten smaller on TeslaFI but have not completely stopped.

Currently it is 69 for today (last few days would have been in the hundreds)

Yesterday was 889.
Day before that was 1079.
Day before that was 1252
Day before that was 680.

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Exactly. Received and downloaded the update on Thursday. The car offered to proceed with the update every time I entered the car. Being in the EU I decided to wait and keep the 12.1.1. But today in the evening the update reminder in car and the update option in the app disappeared...

You got a notice that your car was ready for an update (meaning that it already download the update) but you did not apply the update at that time? And now the option is gone? If that was me I could not get my finger to the start update fast enough :) Well the number of updates have gotten smaller on TeslaFI but have not completely stopped.

Yesterday was 889.
Day before that was 1252
Day before that was 680.

Well the number of updates have gotten smaller on TeslaFI but have not completely stopped.

Yesterday was 889.
Day before that was 1252
Day before that was 680.

I'll chalk up some of that lower number to the fact that it Is a holiday weekend and some people travel. I don't know about other folks, but I never do updates on a weekend like this, nor do I do an update if I think I will need to travel in the next week.