Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2019.9.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled 3 days ago and am set for Monday the 25th at 8:00am. We’ll see what happens.

C4EE1C3B-CAA1-44A2-8324-2AAEA32BB7E2.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
You guys are wasting your time unfortunately. I tried this as well, set the appt, then got a call from the service center a day later explaining that my car already has the latest version for it and when the newest firmware is available for it, it will be automatically pushed to the car and to make sure I stay connected to WiFi.

My car is on 2018.50.6.

• Funny
Reactions: croman
Scheduled 3 days ago and am set for Monday the 25th at 8:00am. We’ll see what happens.

View attachment 388795

Aren't you AP2.0? The big .5.15 push was just for model 3 and the .8.2 push was just a small handful of cars. I don't think the update is ready yet.

Last time for NoA, the S/X AP2 got the update first and then it was a week or two later that the Model 3 version of the update came out.

I think it's just a matter of luck whether the team finishes the AP2 or AP2.5 update first and not a snub against a certain subset of owners.

Aren't you AP2.0? The big .5.15 push was just for model 3 and the .8.2 push was just a small handful of cars. I don't think the update is ready yet.

Last time for NoA, the S/X AP2 got the update first and then it was a week or two later that the Model 3 version of the update came out.

I think it's just a matter of luck whether the team finishes the AP2 or AP2.5 update first and not a snub against a certain subset of owners.

I am AP2.0 but I just wanted to push the issue of running a 3 month old software version. Since there have been so many "enhancements" since then.

On Teslafi version 2018.50.6 is definitely a little long in the tooth.

Reactions: StefanSarzio
I am AP2.0 but I just wanted to push the issue of running a 3 month old software version. Since there have been so many "enhancements" since then.

For Model S and Model X, 2018.50.6 is the most recent GA version. All of the other versions newer than that are still with Early Access Program participants, and even that not all EAP participants get every single one.

We need to wait for the first GA 2019 one, which I assume is coming end of Quarter and due to the number of features it includes, I'm guessing (no data to back it up of course), that this is the larger TeslaOS 9.1 that Elon made reference to a long time ago.

Again, this is based on what we're seeing with all these EAP versions.

Yes, since 2018.50.6 GA release date, it's been over 90 days, but I think they are moving in a slight different quarterly GA push now, which gives them sufficient time to perform a proper QC on the builds that lead up to the next GA release.

I have AP2.5 and just recieved 50.6 a few days ago!

Like many, I am frustrated by these delays. My car was damaged in an incident that Sentry Mode might have prevented. I have been holding off on aftermarket solutions that Sentry Mode would make pointless.

In these rollouts, there seems to be no decernable pattern to us mere mortals outside in the cold peering in through the windows of the Tesla mothership. :) It would be nice if Telsa provided better transparency.

Reactions: StefanSarzio
I have AP2.5 and just recieved 50.6 a few days ago!

Like many, I am frustrated by these delays. My car was damaged in an incident that Sentry Mode might have prevented. I have been holding off on aftermarket solutions that Sentry Mode would make pointless.

In these rollouts, there seems to be no decernable pattern to us mere mortals outside in the cold peering in through the windows of the Tesla mothership. :) It would be nice if Telsa provided better transparency.

I'm on the outside as you are, but I think they have given us the information need. When software updates are available for our vehicles (those outside of the EAP) then we will start to get them. Right now, everything in the 2019.x.x range are for EAP members only and is not GA. The last GA version is the lsat of the 2018.50 version.

It's not the answer you're looking for, and I can understand your frustration as I'm in the same boat, however I can't expect to get a feature that is currently in a testing mode just because I want it. I have dogs, and having Dog Mode would be wonderful for me especially the last week as the temperatures reached in the 70s. I would love to a also have Sentry Mode as my Blackvue has died. I would also love to have the no confirmation for NoA as I used it daily on my commute to work.

While I feel left out, I've come to the reality that I'm not on the EAP program (not selected in the past, and the new enrollment for those who have FSD prior to Feb has not begun), so I won't have access like other do, but once it goes GA I'll get it like the entire fleet will (over the course of the rollout when connected to Wifi).

There are hundreds of thousands in the same boat as both of us, wanting something that the few others are testing, but not able to get because we're not part of the EAP program.

I'm hoping it arrives in a few weeks. CY19Q1 does end in 10 days

• Helpful
Reactions: Alset4S
For Model S and Model X, 2018.50.6 is the most recent GA version. All of the other versions newer than that are still with Early Access Program participants, and even that not all EAP participants get every single one.

We need to wait for the first GA 2019 one, which I assume is coming end of Quarter and due to the number of features it includes, I'm guessing (no data to back it up of course), that this is the larger TeslaOS 9.1 that Elon made reference to a long time ago.

Yes, since 2018.50.6 GA release date, it's been over 90 days, but I think they are moving in a slight different quarterly GA push now, which gives them sufficient time to perform a proper QC on the builds that lead up to the next GA release.

…..with Early Access Program participants. That part really makes me LOL.....COL....as Elon and Tesla have both publicly stated that those of us with pre-paid FSD, mine 2+ years ago now, are to be part of the Early Access Program....I guess I know what bucket that falls into....

…..with Early Access Program participants. That part really makes me LOL.....COL....as Elon and Tesla have both publicly stated that those of us with pre-paid FSD, mine 2+ years ago now, are to be part of the Early Access Program....I guess I know what bucket that falls into....

The last I heard (and of course none of this is confirmed)., is that entry into EAP occurs by quarter, so I'm hoping that means for Q2 being April through June, those of us with pre Feb 2019 FSD will be invited into EAP.

I'm in that same boat with my Model S and Model X. Got FSD with the Tesla so now am excited to hopefully get the opportunity to join EAP in the coming quarter if the rumor is true.

Early Access is not "Priority Access to Vehicle Software Update" though. :/

It can be beta features that you test, which a select group of the Early Access members get, and is later retracted.
Correct.

Early Access Program = all those that are getting all of the 2019.x releases
Priority Access = Those that will get the GA release first before a wide release.

Is that how you define it as well?

Correct.

Early Access Program = all those that are getting all of the 2019.x releases
Priority Access = Those that will get the GA release first before a wide release.

Is that how you define it as well?

Yeah. I am not in any program yet and I have 2019.4.3 and I know others not in the program that has newer than that so...

I’m in the same camp but hey. TeslaFi says 74.3% of AP2 is still on 2018.50.6. It’s not our time yet and there’s still US AP2 cars getting .50.6 in the past week.

I get how you’re feeling.... I’m feeling it too.... but the service center can’t really help us.

Reactions: boonedocks

AP2 / AP2.5 have the same NN and essentially the same code except for the dashcam crap, they'll be out together whenever a release comes out it's for a given MCU unit not AP unit, so an 19.8 release for MCU1 will have ape firmwares for 2.0 and 2.5 to be downloaded, it's NEVER without a corresponding APE image. Same is true for MCU2 it will always have firmware for 2.0 and 2.5. It's only not true for M3, because only HW2.5 exists for m3

Not true.

I have AP2. Did not buy FSD. Never signed up and participated early access program. Only received updates when there was a mass rollout

But somehow out of nowhere I received 2019.8.1 2 weeks ago. Probably among the very group receiving it.

I am happy to get it but their rollout strategy makes no sense to me