Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update Available! HW2 car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same boat here. Picked up my P100D in December, late last week finally got the .36 update. No .120 update yet. The only time the car isn't connected to WiFi is when I'm driving it (WiFi connections at home and work).

A week ago I even put a Wifi Extender in the garage and nothing. Now I decided to turn off WiFi and try LTE. There has to be some reason some vehicles are not getting updates and others are but no one has any answers.

A week ago I even put a Wifi Extender in the garage and nothing. Now I decided to turn off WiFi and try LTE. There has to be some reason some vehicles are not getting updates and others are but no one has any answers.
I suspect the reason some, like myself have not received the update, has more to do with when Tesla pushes to update to your car. I have been connected to wifi with full bars 90% of the time but I always seem to be one of the last to receive any update. I believe they have preset ViN's that go out each day and some are on backside of software push.

I suspect the reason some, like myself have not received the update, has more to do with when Tesla pushes to update to your car. I have been connected to wifi with full bars 90% of the time but I always seem to be one of the last to receive any update. I believe they have preset ViN's that go out each day and some are on backside of software push.

When I contacted support they told me and I quote "You are set to receive this update. I can see that an update has been trying to upload to your Tesla, but has had an issue going through. Please make sure that when you park your car, it has a either a good WiFi signal or LTE signal." Not sure if they are just BS'ing me or if there is really something going on but they are not willing to help further until a week passes. They told me to call back next week if I still dont receive the update.

Same here. .36. I was initially under the understanding that .36 also had shadow mode but recent P100DL owners seem to be stating they are receiving .120 update so who knows... I'm connected to wifi 90% of time so not sure why I would not receive it it has infact gone to all HW2 owners.

Same here, connected to wifi a good 85% of the time but that really shouldn't matter. While I was traveling on business all last week, .36 pushed out to my car over LTE while it was parked at the airport. I know that EM stated earlier this week that all HW2 cars would receive the shadow mode update so perhaps the rollout is just pushing out to cars slower than anticipated. Who knows...

Same here, connected to wifi a good 85% of the time but that really shouldn't matter. While I was traveling on business all last week, .36 pushed out to my car over LTE while it was parked at the airport. I know that EM stated earlier this week that all HW2 cars would receive the shadow mode update so perhaps the rollout is just pushing out to cars slower than anticipated. Who knows...

Mine was all 1 or 2 bars of LTE.

After turning off WifI and going back to LTE I received an update notification but received the 2.52.120 update. What does this update exactly correct and update? Does it fix wipers, headlights, etc? Anything useful?

2.52.120 gives you Autopilot in "Shadow Mode", meaning it's monitoring your driving in the background and calculating what it would do, but doesn't actually do it. It's sending the data to Tesla so they can make sure everything looks good before the features actually go live, which is supposed to go live end of this week (as long as everything looks good).

I believe it also does fix the headlights issue.