Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update Available! HW2 car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TACC experience so far HW2...

1. Occasionally when coming to a complete stop behind a vehicle at a stoplight my car makes a jerk thrust forward then stops. Very uncomfortable.

2. Some phantom cars appearing on the dashboard screen that are not there. Then disappear.

2. Occasional short quick decelerations when going around a bend.

3. Slight over deceleration of my vehicle when a car in front of me switches lanes or moves into a turning lane.

4. Lanes dancing around consistently. Not stable yet.

I found out today as well that TACC does not like curves. Is there a new thread for reporting our TACC bugs anywhere?

I had a big slowdown right as I passed a pickup truck also.

TACC experience so far HW2...

1. Occasionally when coming to a complete stop behind a vehicle at a stoplight my car makes a jerk thrust forward then stops. Very uncomfortable.

2. Some phantom cars appearing on the dashboard screen that are not there. Then disappear.

2. Occasional short quick decelerations when going around a bend.

3. Slight over deceleration of my vehicle when a car in front of me switches lanes or moves into a turning lane.

4. Lanes dancing around consistently. Not stable yet.

TACC doesn't deal with lanes. I don't even see lane marks while using AP2 TACC. With AP, the lane markings do jitter a bit, but that is obviously a very incomplete feature at this point. AFAIK, TACC doesn't even use cameras. I'm not sure what people expect. TACC is basically like what many high-end cars have designed to follow a car in front of you with the radar, slowing down if needed, and defaulting to normal cruise control at the speed you set otherwise. Are you confusing AP2 TACC expectations with EAP (which is nowhere near shipping)? In 100 miles yesterday, AP2 TACC seemed to perform very similar to AP1 TACC, and that's exactly what it should do.

Also, those phantom "cars" just mean a radar bounce at that position was detected. If you notice, anything that is detected shows up as a vaguely car-like thing. There is no recognition or smarts yet, but eventually they will probably fuse in computer vision information from the cameras once the image recognition stuff is working. No sign that is happening yet.